Meet the Opponent: Syracuse
Syracuse University Orange
(26-8, 11-7 Big East)
- Big East Championships won: 5
- NCAA Tournament Titles: 1 (2003)
- Rick Pitino was an assistant coach under Syracuse Head Coach Jim Boeheim during 1976-1978.
Joe Biden, Bob Costas, Carmelo Anthony, Jim Brown, Al Davis
- Jan. 19th- Syracuse pulls out the win against #1 ranked Louisville 70-68
- Mar. 2nd- Louisville avenges its loss against the Orange, beating them in New York 58-53
Guard- #1 Michael Carter-Williams, 6-6, 185 pounds
Guard- #20 Brandon Triche, 6-4, 210 pounds
Forward- #5 CJ Fair, 6-8, 215 pounds
Forward- #43 James Southerland, 6-8, 215 pounds
Center- #12 Baye Keita, 6-10, 215 pounds
Syracuse is one of the most sound teams in the country. Whether it’s on offense or defense, Coach Jim Boeheim prepares his team well. On the offensive attack, 4/5 starters average 12 or more points per game. The ball is spread out well and the Orange keep constant off ball movement and pass multiple times per possession in order to find the best shot. However, defense is where Syracuse makes a living. Coach Boeheim runs a demanding 2-3 zone defense, and not many teams have found a way to crack the code to beating it. Averaging almost 40 rebounds per game, Syracuse keeps the pressure on and locks down the paint.