College Football’s Week 1 games for the top 10
As we all know, if the Louisville Cardinals have any shot at the prestigious National Championship game, they will obviously have to go 12-0 and have teams in front of them lose a game or two. So with the Cards starting the season ranked 9th, I am going to take a look at the schedule for week 1 for teams in the top 10, just so you know what games to keep an eye on this weekend. I am using the USA Today Poll since that is the one that matters in the BCS formula.
1) Alabama vs Virginia Tech 5:30 ESPN (in Atlanta)
2) Ohio State vs Buffalo 12:00 ESPN2
3) Oregon vs Nicholls St. 4:00 Fox Sports 1
4) Stanford is off this week
5) Georgia @ 8) Clemson 8:00 ABC
6) Texas A&M vs Rice 1:00 ESPN
7) South Carolina vs North Carolina (Thursday) 6:00 ESPN
8) Clemson vs 5) Georgia 8:00 ABC
9) Louisville vs Ohio (Sunday) 3:30 ESPN
10) Florida vs Toledo 12:21 GamePlan
The most interesting game this week will be the showdown between Georgia (5th) and Clemson (9th). Keep in mind that in week 2, Georgia faces South Carolina. So I think we would like to see Clemson beat Georgia this week, and then Georgia knock off South Carolina next week. Or we can go ahead and have North Carolina upset South Carolina on Thursday night, and that would help too! On August 1st, I did this piece on the schedules for the top 8 teams in front of UofL, so that is worth checking out as well to give you an idea of who these teams play this season.
Enjoy college football this weekend, starting Thursday night!
Posted on August 28, 2013, in Football, Louisville Athletics and tagged Alabama Crimson Tide, Clemson Tigers, Florida Gators, Georgia Bulldogs, louisville cardinals, Ohio State Buckeyes, Oregon Ducks, South Carolina Gamecocks, Stanford Cardinal, Texas A&M Aggies. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.