By The Numbers: UL/uk
OK well I am a big numbers guy when it comes to anything, sports included. I decided to break down the wins and losses, PPG, etc. for The Battle For The Governors Cup this Saturday at noon.
- 11-14: This is the all-time series record going into this weekend. 4-6 at home for UL and 7-8 away
- 565/682: These are the amount of points that UL/uk have scored in this series. An average of 22.6 ppg for UL and 27.2 ppg for uk. A mere 4.6 ppg differential which is even more impressive seeing that UL was shutout the first 6 times the two schools played between 1912-1924
- 22.4/28.7: This represents the ppg when the game is held in Lexington with UL’s numbers being first and uk’s second, almost a full TD better points wise. UL is -3 ppg vs uk in Louisville
- Record in September: There have been 15 out of the 25 games in the month of September with the overall record at 9-6. In Louisville the Cards outscore uk 32.2-27 in the month of September. In Lexington the Cards outscore the cats once again 29.3-25.7. The Cards scoring more points in Lexington vs the Cats in September
- 2-1 Record vs uk since Coach Charlie Strong came to Louisville with a 72-54 advantage in points scored (24-18 avg)
Well I hope you have enjoyed my breakdown by the numbers for this game as I enjoyed bringing it to you. Lets hope that the Cards widen the September margin a little more and even this series up at 8 a piece overall in commonwealth stadium. Good luck to our young men and Go Cards!
Posted on September 11, 2013, in Cardinal Athletics, Football, Louisville Athletics and tagged Battle for the Governor's Cup, Charlie Strong, kentucky, University of Louisville football. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.