Author Archives: Jeremy Wahman
The Cards moved up three spots to #11 in the latest polls just released. ICYMI the Cards knocked off then and still #1 UNC on Saturday. The Cards play Ohio State today at home at 3. Good Luck and Go Cards!
This week on 55……….
We talk Cardinal Camo…….YES…..Cardinal Camo. We go over huge upsets and letdown. We go over the wet, wet, win in South Florida and a slew of other great but random things that have happened this week. Glad to have 55 back for you guys after the hiatus last week. Without further adieu, here are the 55 greatest, most ridiculous or random things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is……55.
1) First off I want to wish my mom a speedy recovery. She means the world to me and normally I don’t talk about personal issues on 55 but if you get a moment, say a prayer. I put her for #1 because she is my number 1….mushy I know (Don’t care)
2) Speaking of #1’s
4) On that shot by Becca Maddock, the #14 University of Louisville Field Hockey team defeated #1 UNC 3-2 Saturday. Congratulations for defending Trager!
5) Will be interesting to see where the Cards will be ranked when the new polls come out tomorrow…..
6) I got a tip a few weeks ago that we would be unveiling a new uni combo vs FSU in football. Me and Steve went through all the possible combos and ideas we could think of but nothing…..and the 55 means NOTHING could prepare us for this…………………….
8) First off, I’m sorry for referring to myself as the 55. Secondly may I say……….WOW! Here are a few more pics Adidas released this morning
10) Thank you Adidas for everything you do for us……
11) On Saturday the Football Cards defeated FIU 34-3 despite QB Will Gardner leaving the game with injury. The Cards O-Line looked very sloppy but this game was played on a sloppy field. The Cards line will have to improve if we want to have any shot at the big boys on our schedule.
12) A few highlights of the FIU game were Gerod Holliman taking the lead in INT’s in the country with 2 including this:
14) Once only thought of as a heavy hitter, Holliman has shown an evolution into a complete corner this year. It’s been a long time coming!
15) Also James Quick had this amazing catch:
17) Quick finished the day with 174 yards and 2 TD’s. Quick scored those 2 TD’s within :45 seconds. Amazing!
18) Also Keith Kelsey continued to impress after a 4 tackle day that included a sack for a 24 yard loss
19) I still think this should have counted
21) Oh well….I am sure we will plenty of Keith Kelsey highlights this season
22) It still should have counted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23) Moving on….
24) Speaking of our beloved Football Cardinals, UL is a 21 point favorite this week vs Wake Forest
25) I didn’t notice it during the Virginia game but did anyone else see Burgess hit their RB so hard his sweat exploded?
26) I wish I could’ve found that video….I tried but it kept taking me to clips that made me sad
27) I want to send out my condolences to the Bonnafon family since I was unable to last week…
28) When Reggie comes back there is no doubt in my mind that he will be starting for the time being. He is a tremendous talent and will thrive in Coach Petrino’s system. If that O line doesn’t improve we could put Jameis back there and it wouldn’t matter
29) Jameis get off that table! never mind….you know what I’m saying though
31) Ahhhhhh……….he stiff-armed him right in the….helmet
32) Glad we don’t have any more distractions like that at UL anymore (Insert Chane Smiley face)
33) On a different note, This weekend CSZ surpassed the 1 Million view mark lifetime. We want to thank each and every one of you for supporting this little thing we do. On my part I would like to say we were blessed to have such an amazing team. I want to thank Justin and Steve for everything they do let them know I appreciate them and we are lucky to have such a great team. We have some great Part timers too…Shout out to the princess of CSZ and her hat, Daryl Foust
34) Yesterday Matt Cassel broke some bones in his foot or something which prompted the Minnesota Vikings head coach to name him the starter going forward! Congrats to Teddy time and here’s hoping you show them what you showed us at the Ville!
36) Great, great moment….Class Act right there
37) Lets go to the week in review for Cardinal Athletics!
38) Women’s Golf won the Cardinal Cup on Tuesday! great start to the season by the ladies. Emily Haas finished the day at -1 for a 4th place finish overall. The Women travel to Colorado for the GolfWeek Challenge which starts today
39) The Men’s golf team helped take the victory for the ACC in the ACC/SEC challenge. The Cards did fall to Georgia in match play but J.D. Lehman and Robin Sciot-Siegrist picked up singles victories. The team is off until next Monday
40) Louisville Volleyball traveled to Texas for the Rice Invitational this past weekend. The Cards did not drop one set the entire weekend (3-0) and improved to 8-4 overall. Janelle Jenkins, Maya McClendon and Tess Clark were named to the All Tourney team with Jenkins landing MVP honors.
42) The Cards kick off their ACC Conference slate at home with games Friday vs BC at 7p and Sunday vs Georgia Tech at 2p. Get out and support our Cards!
43) The #9 Men’s Soccer team had a tough battle this week as they traveled to BC and escaped with a 3-2 victory in OT. Nolan Moore hit the game winner. The Cards travel to Lexington Tuesday for a game vs uk. I wish I was making this up but uk is holding an ABE-Out…..This will explain it all. SMH
46) Trying to move past that, the Cards host PITT on Friday at the LYNN……
47) Women’s Soccer went 2-0 this week at home after wins over Kent State and Syracuse! This week they will travel to FSU and Miami…. I suddenly hate them
48) From GoCards.com: University of Louisville junior Jeffrey Brown claimed the Indiana University Hoosier Classic Singles title Sunday afternoon. Coach Rex Ecarma is doing a phenominal job, Here are the full results
Louisville Men’s Tennis Results
IU Hoosier Classic
Sept. 21, 2014
Jeffrey Brown (UL) d. Matthew McCoy (IU) 7-6, 6-4
Brown d. Carsten fisher 6-4, 6-3
Santiago Salazar (UL) d. Baseem Mekawi (YSU) 6-4, 7-6
Courtney Lock (UL) d. Freddy Abunku (Xavier) 6-3,6-3
Remi Chancerel (Youngstown State) d. Pally Ray (UL) 6-3, 6-0
49) Other than knocking off little ol #1 UNC, the Filed Hockey team was in chill mode last week. This week they have 3 games! They host Ohio State tomorrow then travel to Wake on Friday then will play at Liberty on Sunday
Good job girls…good job!
50) Guessing with the de-commitment from Blakeney that the CSZ recruiting notebook will make a return soon…IMO it’s Dozier or bust for the last slot in this class. Here’s what Steve thinks..
51) Looks like the PGA is going to have a nice pair of Cards in the mix….I’m sorry for the pun
52) Gorgui Deing is predicted to have a breakout year this year in the NBA because….well because he’s great and our Gorgui!
54) Jeff Walz is on fire as if I even needed to tell you. Check out his loaded class here and let me know who you want to see as the final piece. Tweet me at @Jeremy_CSZ and let your voice be heard! My vote is for Arike Ogunbowale….
55) Finally, Thank goodness that Brock Lesnar left the arena with the title last night and my Steelers smoked the Panthers. at least one little guy I know wasn’t too sad last night. I wont say any names though. Matt Wesley. Until next time CardNation, this was 55………
You can find all previous episodes of 55 by typing 55 in thesearch bar and clicking search
P.S.-Here are videos of the Men’s basketball coaches that are excellent, enjoy!
P.S.S.- here’s the Football Intro
*some info taken from press releases, most from CSZ and my brain
**none taken from other people’s thoughts, NONE
Here is the video of Asia’s commitment to the University of Louisville for those of us that did not get to watch it live. It does take a minute or so to load so be patient. Today was a historical day for Jeff Walz and U of L women’s basketball. Asia’s commitment gives us the #1 ranked recruiting class in 2015 for the moment. We have more targets out there that could solidify the #1 ranking. Enjoy!
Watch #1 player in the country Asia Durr announce her college choice at 3 p.m. here:
My feeling is a great one on this….Go Cards!
*Thanks to Jenny O’Bryan for the heads up
This week on 55……….
We talk commitments……HUGE commitments. How the Cards are doing under Bobby P. Red-White scrimmage tickets go on sale. Hot dogs, Nelson, Intrastate rivals and more. Is there one more big commitment in the CARDS for UofL this week? I say L yeah! So strap in, here are the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is……55.
1) ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC………..I’m really not sure if I said it enough times but ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC. My bad, I know that was the same #1 as it was last week but so much more respect nationally just due to the conference switch. Much more fun league to be a part of as well. Got the following tweet right after the game….
3) Last year we would have “slipped by” or “escaped” This year we shut down a top ACC team. So proud of this team…..
4) Read my experience from my first ACC game here
Video of the awesome redesign of the court at the YUM! via @GoCards…………Enjoy!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! It’s almost time!
ESPN released a list of their top Basketball/Football tandems in college sports. Being an all-around athletics program is something we take a lot of pride in at the University of Louisville. Basketball team are coming off of a National Championship a few years ago and the football team coming off of multiple bowl victories. I think we are ranked a few spots too low but am happy overall with the perception just a few days into the Petrino era. Louisville was ranked the 5th best program for the 2 sports. Check out the full list below!
Below is a schedule for the ACC coaches to have their weekly Wednesday teleconferences. Coach Petrino goes on at 10:50 at the following link: http://www.theacc.com/#!/page/2014-ACC-Football-Coaches-Teleconference
It is early in the season but apparently not too early to talk Bowl projections. Where the Cards end up may have a lot to do with how quick and well this young man above this heals. With him a position in the playoff is possible with an undefeated season, without him a BCS bowl is still attainable. Either would be great finishes. One thing that is for sure is that a few sites have come out with their projections, here they are.
College Football Playoff: Florida State
Orange Bowl : Louisville
Russell Athletic Bowl: Virginia Tech
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl: Clemson
Belk Bowl: North Carolina
Hyundai Sun Bowl: Pitt
New Era Pinstripe Bowl: Notre Dame
Military Bowl presented By Northrop Grumman: Duke
Duck Commander Independence Bowl: Miami
Quick Lane Bowl: Boston College
BITCOIN St. Petersburg Bowl: Georgia Tech
Courtesy of our guy @ElleRaiser, here is Lozo’s Post game celebration from yesterdays 31-13 victory over Miami! Enjoy!
My first game with Louisville as a member of the ACC was magnificent. It started out with the best CardMarch I have ever been to. It didn’t seem like I tailgated since 3pm either. I know some were out longer but that’s the earliest I could get out. Walking through the sea of CardNation after the CardMarch was amazing too. Walked by Luke Hancock, the entire UofL Basketball Team and even seen Miss Rose Bridgewater. It was a great time. Then we took the long walk to Section 9 Row GG to our seats. I thought I was gonna die. I sat down and did not move until the clock hit 0:00. (unlike 20% of the crowd) But I understood this time, Late night game, work and school tomorrow, I will give you some slack. I will not however give the 15,000 people who decided to spend the 2nd half on the party deck any slack. lol. They really should make those standing room only seats. It would increase capacity too!. The game was what I expected from a “Rookie” QB. Will Gardner did have a rough night but he didn’t do anything wrong that coaching and a nice game vs Murray State won’t fix. 3rd most yards in a opener under Petrino at QB isn’t too shabby either. Dom Brown and the entire receiving core impressed me. We said multiple people would have to step up to cover DP being out and boy did they ever. The entire Defense was amazing too. Lozo, Rankins, Kelsey AKA Mr 55 (cheap pop), Floyd, Sample, Holliman, Brown, Burgess and whoever else I forgot just made me glow.
Cards fans, if you would like to, can find yourself in this panoramic shot. Go to http://geicocardinals.fancam.com/20140901/ and search for where you were sitting and even tag that you were there! This was a really cool idea that they had. Go check it out!
For those of you all who didn’t get to attend the game and see it in person, or just want to check it out from the skydivers perspectives, here is the video from the sky divers perspective before last night’s game between your Louisville Cardinals and those guys from Miami. Enjoy!
The latest rankings came out today which have the Cards ranked #2 in the NSCAA Poll: http://www.nscaatv.com/rankings/3139/NCAADivisionI/men/Poll1 … (up from 14) and #5 in the Soccer America Poll: http://www.socceramerica.com/article/60260/soccer-america-mens-top-25.html … (up from 9) Congrats on the rankings and good luck on a fantastic season! Also UL midfielder Andrew Brody was named ACC Player Of The Week! Congrtas! (full press release below)
Monday marks a yearly occasion for us Louisville fans, a color coordinated event. Actually sometimes with Basketball included, we get to do it several times a year. Red-Outs, White-Outs…Black-Outs, It doesn’t which one it is, we don’t all comply. Not enough notice, don’t have anything that color for the weather that day…etc. etc. The reasons roll on. Well have no fear. I bring you viable options for Monday’s Black-out vs the University of Miami at PJCS and I would like to share them with you so we can get close to UL/WVU football (The most successful IMO) standards as far as uniformity is considered. I ran across these the other day at Cardinal Authentic (@CardsAuthentic)
#Cardtime Is upon us. Ever since it was announced earlier this week that BSIMM was dropping a new Cardinal anthem I have been pumped. After getting an advanced listen of the song I am happy to say he has not let us down. #CardTime is available on iTunes now (iTunes Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/card-time/id913255715?i=913255854). Go and pick it up and support our Louisville talent and anthem writer. Here’s some info about BSIMM that you may not know:
Brandon Simmons known as B Simm is a HipHop artist/songwriter from Louisville, KY. Since 2006 he has toured with Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy, Jim Jones, Bow wow, Kalenna formally with Dirty money and more. To date he has released numerous mix tapes and is currently working on his first National release.
Just when you thought the WNBA couldn’t lose any more credibility they released the 2014 All-Rookie Team today:
2014 WNBA ALL-ROOKIE TEAM
|Chiney Ogwumike||Connecticut Sun||Forward||11|
|Odyssey Sims||Tulsa Shock||Guard||11|
|Kayla McBride||San Antonio Stars||Guard/Forward||11|
|Bria Hartley||Washington Mystics||Guard||9|
|Alyssa Thomas||Connecticut Sun||Forward||7|
Yep, there is one glaring omission….Showtime Shoni Schimmel. (say that 3 times real fast) She set the WNBA on fire this season with her razzle dazzle passes and clutch shooting. I believe she will be on the first team all WNBA in no time if she improves and keeps up the good work. We were extremely proud of you this year Shoni! Go Cards!
Well guys, we aren’t in Kansas anymore. Oh that’s right…we were in Houston, Central Florida and Philly. Sorry guys. With a greater league comes greater interaction. The ACC has impressed me with two of their releases so far (2-2) in @TheACCDN and The ACC Football Challenge App. It’s available on all platforms for just .99 and it allows interactions in game form that could lead you to a trip to the 2014 ACC title game. You can even play as the newly joined Louisville Cardinals and kick your way to Charlotte. Sounds cool to me. The ACC Digital Network is also available on all platforms and takes you behind the scenes of your favorite team in the ACC and lets you watch past games and other fun stuff. Below is the Press Release and the link for the App!