This week…..on 55…..
55 is not a state of mind or a way to live life your life…yet. It is a place to state facts and shoot down gripes. Once again I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. I worked nine straight 10+ hour days, however on my off day I think of you, my people. (Who am I…. Gandhi? maybe)
maybe not….enjoy….or not….whatevs..
1) First thing I want to say is Forget you Santa!!!!!! I told you that you were going down!!!
2) Not the real Santa though, Loooooooove Yoooooooou
3) The Cards had played UC a total of 52 times dating back to 1922 going into last year’s game with 0 overtime games…..We have now competed in and won 2 straight
4) UC Pres Santa J Ono asked for everyone to not you the letter L on Thursday December the 5th…..To that I respond WE WIN _OSERS
5) Oh we__
6) I forgot it’s not the 5th anymore….I digress
7) The Women’s Volleyball season abruptly ended Friday with a sweep to former conference foe and rival Marquette
8) Oddly enough the AAC doesn’t hold a conference tournament for Volleyball
9) I hate the AAC
10) Ha Take that AAC!
11) Oh we__
12) I keep forgetting
Jeff Walz announced today that senior Antonita Slaughter will miss the rest of the season after it was discovered she has a blood clot in her lung. After she collapsed during Tuesday’s game, doctors ran numerous tests to figure out what was wrong. She will immediately begin taking blood thinners for this condition.
They still are not sure whether or not this will be a career-ending condition. Walz said ”We’re not even discussing her basketball [career] at this point in time. We’re more concerned about her health in general and trying to find out why this happened Tuesday night.”
If there is good news in any of this, it is that Slaughter’s condition was discovered and they can now begin treatment, rather than something worse happening or the doctors not being able to figure out what was wrong. We wish Antonita a speedy recovery and hope that she can play basketball again one day.
Photo courtesy of USAToday.com
The Louisville Cardinals women’s basketball team was picked to finish 2nd this season in the American Athletic Conference behind defending National Champion UConn. Here is the official press release from GoCards.com.
The University of Louisville women’s basketball team was picked to finish second in the 2013-14 American Athletic Conference regular-season title. The selection was made by the league’s 10 head coaches, who were not permitted to select their own teams. Shoni Schimmel, Antonita Slaughter and Sara Hammond were selected to the preseason all-conference team.
Louisville was picked to finish second in The American after the Cardinals finished last year as the national runner up. Preseason All-Conference selections Slaughter and Schimmel return to lead the team as seniors this season. Schimmel led the team last year with 14.2 ppg and 136 assists, while Slaughter was third on the team with 10.1 ppg and a .358 3-point shooting percentage. Hammond, also an All-Conference honoree, was second on the team with 10.8 ppg and averaged a team-leading 6.4 rebounds per game.