Last night I joined my buddy Matthew (@hokiesmash) and surprise co-host Will Ojanen (
@WillsWorldMN) on the @AllSportsDACC podcast as I was officially welcomed into the ACC blogosphere. We talk about first year of Football, what to expect next season in football and even what I think about our new home for all sports and who I think will win the ACC Tournament. Follow Matthew, Will and All Sports Discussion ACC at the above handles for great ACC input and conversations. It’s episode 80 on iTunes and below is a direct link. Enjoy!
This week…..on 55…..
Once again I figured on having a pretty uneventful week. Name a new coach, get our recruits lined up and on board with the new staff and carry on. Boy was I wrong. In this weeks 55 I have so much info I may not be able to put a lot of pictures in, or joke on Shawn during the monologue. (Sorry Pal) From Old friends to new ones and commitments given and taken away, this has been quite the week. So sit down and buckle up because this week’s episode is sure to take you on an emotional roller-coaster of a ride.
So once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This is….55
1) Poona Ford de-committed
2) Chris Nelson de-committed
3) BOTH are now considering Texas
4) Thanks Charlie…..glad you are not cut like that
6) Sorry Charlie……
7) George Rushing de-committed from the Cards also as well as Isaiah Ford….hopefully both can find their way back home to the ‘Ville
8) It has been rumored that current Purdue U (PU for short) RB Dalyn Dawkins may be trying to find his way back home. It was a shame that Charlie didn’t recruit the in-state kids more than he did. More on this later…
9) He stated in an interview after being hired at Texas that he was glad to be in a state that has talent to recruit….or something along those lines. Classy move Chuck
10) Almost as classy as what he says during the following interview…..
12) Yep you heard him right, he was job hunting before our bowl game….SMH Read the rest of this entry
Last week the Cards had a bye week and after a grueling time for us fans since our last game @ USF, tonight we get UCONN. The overall series is tied 2-2. UL average points vs UCONN away is 26.5 and UCONN is averaging 24.75 in this series at home. The line for tonight is 28 with the over/under is at under 49.5. Here is what CSZ thinks the final score will be and how Heisman hopeful Teddy Bridgewater will fair against UCONN:
Daryl (@Darylfoust4): 378 yards 4 TD 39-10 UL win
Jeremy (@Jeremy_CSZ): 437 yards 4 TD 55-3 UL win
Justin (@JRVille25): 323 yards 3 TD 38-0 UL win
Steve (@Stiz_CSZ): 410 yards 4 TD 48-7 UL win
P.S. This is how excited I was earlier since we hadn’t played forever:
One thing that I try to do with the members of CardNation is stay interactive. I follow everyone back on Twitter, answer every question and talk to everyone no matter what time of the day I get hit with a random DM on twitter. I feel like that’s important, and a part of what sets us apart from a majority of the other sites out there. Today I started reading your thoughts about it being game week and what I wanted to do this week was so simple, get your thoughts. So I DM’d several people that I converse with the most and asked for their thoughts about the game this week and what their favorite things about gameday was. I hope you guys enjoy reading what everyone thought. I will be releasing these every day this week so DM me if you want to be a part of it. First up: @TurtleBITW, @Damon_L1C4, @Beast502Mode, & @NotWhatchaThink