The Cards beat Kentucky Wesleyan 77-68 on Monday night in their second and final exhibition game of the season. Rick Pitino, Quentin Snider, David Levitch, and Damion Lee gave their comments after the game.
The regular season begins this Friday at home against Samford at 7:00.
ESPN’s Jeff Goodman is reporting that the Louisville Cardinals appear to be one of the teams that will be playing in the Battle for Atlantis in the 2016-17 season.
That is a great start to the field that will battle it out in the Bahamas. The first thing that sticks out to me is a possible matchup against Michigan State. As you know, the Cards will play the Spartans this coming season in the ACC/Big10 Challenge. So there is a chance that they could meet for the third consecutive year in the Battle for Atlantis.
Rick Pitino held an impromptu Q & A (question & answer…you’re welcome) on Friday night with Jeff Greer of the Courier-Journal. I will post just a little bit of that and then give you the link to read the rest.
Q: You said you were considering a change at center. Have you thought about going small?
Pitino: Well, we’ve done that before with Kyle Kuric. The only thing when you go small is it’s probably (freshman forward Jaylen Johnson) and Montrezl (Harrell). If you go small — you know, (freshman wing Shaqquan Aaron) and (sophomore guard Anton Gill) aren’t playing very well. I’ve gone long enough with Anton, trying my best to be patient … I’ve gotten to the point that I’ll go with David Levitch.
Check out these photos from the North Carolina game on Saturday. These were taken by Tim Haag. Follow him on twitter for more great pictures @UofLBirdsNest.
Photos by Tim Haag (@UofLBirdsNest)
I’m not going to say Anas Osama is my favorite Louisville Cardinal……but then again I’m not saying he isn’t either.
This week…..on 55…..
55 is not a state of mind or a way to live life your life…yet. It is a place to state facts and shoot down gripes. I have logged a ton of hours in this week at the factory. (I don’t really work in a….nevermind) Once again I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. Hope you enjoy. Or not…it’s cool.
1) The football team had a bye week, we did not lose however did not win
2) we still dropped in the poll 2 spots
3) We dropped 2 spots after beating USF by 31
4) UCF barely defeated USF this past week and jumped 2 spots
5) I despise UCF
6) The Men’s Basketball team looked to get back on track by defeating previously undefeated Southern Miss 69-38
7) Yes we held a grown mans team to 38 points for an entire game
8) We had 34 at halftime
9) Thx Kev. The Volleyball Cards have been on a roll as well going 18-0 in conference. Despite this the Cards are not even receiving votes in the AVCA Poll.
10) Four of their seven losses were to the number 3,11,13 & 17th ranked teams in the country early on in the season.