Russ Smith is steadily climbing up the record books at UofL in a few different categories. He is currently 8th in total points, and could climb a couple more spots before the season is over. He is also threatening to take the career steals record from Peyton Siva. Here are some of the updated lists after Saturday’s game.
Career Scoring Leaders
1. Darrell Griffith – 2,333
2. DeJuan Wheat – 2,183
3. Pervis Ellison – 2,143
4. Reece Gaines – 1,945
5. Milt Wagner – 1,836
This week…..on 55…..
We talk 2014 Football signing class, emoticons and emoji, The valiant effort of the Women’s Basketball team (Not Lady Cards, been trying to spread the word coach) to a surprise for the loyal readers of 55, and so much more. Here’s a little backstory on this week’s 55 pic. The above picture is a speed limit sign from the frigid snow engulfed areas of Northern Wisconsin. Their motto is drive under 55 and you may stay alive. I wish I was kidding, I am not at all. We are doing our next #CardFam Lunch this Sunday at noon at BW3′s on Dixie, all are welcome, just DM me and let me know for head count purposes. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
1) I am starting a promotion for my loyal and wonderful supporters of the #55movement (Just made that up). Starting next Monday I will let you guys write a portion of 55. Just tweet me #First15 and I will let you write the first 15 lines of 55. It’s that simple. Shoutout to @TurtleBITW for getting my brain turning and coming up with this idea. Everyone will get to do it. I will randomize the order. That easy.
3) I did NOT get the idea from this book
4) Speaking of
5) I posed a question on Twitter last night about whether or not dudes should send other dudes smiley faces or tongue sticking out faces or emojis or emoticons in general. I said RT for Yes and Fav for No. I had a few speak on it instead of following Twitter survey etiquette but here is the question and results.
7) No RT and all favorites…
9) Haha indeed
10) I had a friend tell me I needed emoji for dummies….But “he” uses them and knew the name of the book….
12) Moving forward
13) Today Greg Brown, an NFL coaching veteran and former collegiate defensive coordinator, has joined the University of Louisville football’s coaching staff as the safeties coach and recruiting coordinator. Brown spent 15 years in the NFL before going to Alabama in 2013 as secondary coach under Nick Saban.
14) Kelsi Jones was named the inaugural AAC Player of the Week as UofL Softball started the season with a tough 3-2 record on the weekend. It doesn’t get any easier this weekend heading to Jacksonville with games against #17 Mizzou, #36 Notre Dame & #39 North Carolina. Good Luck girls!
15) On Sunday the Women’s Tennis team annihilated Conference foe Cincy 7-0 at home. The Cards are on a 3 match winning streak and will head to Wisconsin Friday.
Official press release from UofL:
LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The University of Louisville Athletics Hall of Fame will welcome five new members next month when Sean Green, Tara McClure Isable, Chris Redman, Pip Sanders and DeJuan Wheat are inducted as the Class of 2014.
The five newest members of the UofL Athletics Hall of Fame will be honored during a ceremony on Saturday, Jan. 11, 2014 at 6 p.m., ET at the Brown & Williamson Club inside Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. Tickets for the event are on sale for $45 each and can be purchased by completing this form and faxing it to (502) 852-0968. More information on the event is available by contacting Ronee Baxter at (502) 852-2015 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Class of 2014 will be the first additions to the UofL Athletics Hall of Fame since 2011.
The Cards play their 2nd and final exhibition game tonight against the Bellarmine Knights. Here are some game notes from UofL’s website. Go Cards!
This Saturday, former UofL great DeJuan Wheat will be hosting a shoot-out for kids ages 6-16. The event is free and open to the public, and will be held at St. Stephen Family Life Center on Kentucky St. For your kids to participate, they must be registered at www.dejuanwheatsports32.com or www.ssflc.org. Another option is to call (502) 583-6873 Ext 0. The first 100 kids to sign up will get to compete.
Each kid will get 35 seconds to make as many shots as possible from about 8-10 spots on the floor. Each spot will be numbered accordingly for what that shot is worth. After each round, kids with the highest scores advance to the next round. Trophies will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each age group. The age groups are 6-8, 9-12, and 13-16.
Not only is this a busy weekend for UofL teams, but a lot of the action will be taking place in the ‘Ville. There are plenty of opportunities to get out there and support the Cards! Here is what the teams have coming up for this weekend…