It seems like it is taking forever for the next game to get here. Anytime your team loses, you just want them to get back on the field as soon as possible to get the nasty taste of defeat out of your mouth. Florida International just happens to be that unfortunate team that has to play the Cards on Saturday. Although there is nothing they can do to get the win back at Virginia, you can bet that Bobby Petrino and the Louisville Cardinals will come out and play like they are trying to win two games on Saturday, not just one.
According to quarterback Will Gardner, and offensive coordinator Garrick McGee, Tuesday’s practice, the first since that loss, was a solid start to the week of preparation for FIU. “We had a really great practice,” Gardner said. “The guys were flying around making plays. I was very accurate. Things were going great today. The offensive line was finishing blocks. It was a great practice out there today.”
Myles Washington, a running back from New Orleans (John Curtis High School) visited UofL on Tuesday and came away very impressed. “The visit was great,” Washington told CSZ. “They (Louisville) are definitely at the top.” Although Washington is only rated as a 2-star player, that is thought to be a little misleading because he plays two positions. In high school, he plays running back and quarterback. If he played only running back, he may be considered a 3-star.
This week…..on 55…..
Additions, Subtractions, Super Bowl & JC Penneys? Yeah I try to cover it all. From people going crazy on me to signing day to the omission of a certain someone, it’s here. A powerful and swift campaign swept twitter last Tuesday and you know what? It worked. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
That is a pic of my Doss Jersey in case you were wondering, if you weren’t then I challenge your existence
2) Louisville First, Cards FOREVER….never forget
3) Hopefully some of the recruits out there who are still deciding pay attention to this
4) Speaking of recruits
5) Trumaine Washington
6) That’s how you show love guys! Click here for more on Trumaine
7) LuKayus Mcneil (click here for more)
8) Charles Standberry (click here for more) No tweets from today
9) Quincy McKinney
10) So for all of you guys that doubted coach P, we just jumped up into the top 35-40 when some of ya’ll said we would be 70th
12) I tried to tell them Shaq
At halftime of the basketball game against UCF, the football team was brought out and the new coaching staff was announced. The ovations were great, and it doesn’t hurt that the Cards had some recruits in the house to witness it as well.
Video was posted on CardinalSports.com by Steve Ludden and Howie Lindsey.
One of the most important things when a new coach is brought in is who he will bring with him. The coaching staff he hires is a huge part of what kind of success that will hopefully follow. Bobby Petrino seems to have put together a great staff here at the University of Louisville. While we were all pretty attached to the former staff, this one seems to be solid as well.
Garrick McGee, a key component in Arkansas’ offensive success during head coach Bobby Petrino’s tenure at Arkansas, is joining the University of Louisville’s football staff as the assistant head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, Petrino announced Monday.
McGee, who served recently as the UAB head coach for the last two seasons, was the offensive coordinator in 2010-11 for Petrino at Arkansas.
Before re-uniting with Petrino, McGee was a finalist for the 2011 prestigious Broyles Award that is presented to the nation’s top assistant coach.
An innovative coach and regarded as one of the nation’s finest offensive minds, McGee was responsible for Arkansas becoming one of the country’s most prolific offenses in school history, scoring 30 or more points 19 times in 36 games. As the offensive coordinator in 2010, the Razorbacks went 10-3 and earned the school’s first BCS appearance in program history as the season culminated with a loss to Ohio State at the Allstate Sugar Bowl in New Orleans.
This week…..on 55…..
Once again I figured on having a pretty uneventful week. Name a new coach, get our recruits lined up and on board with the new staff and carry on. Boy was I wrong. In this weeks 55 I have so much info I may not be able to put a lot of pictures in, or joke on Shawn during the monologue. (Sorry Pal) From Old friends to new ones and commitments given and taken away, this has been quite the week. So sit down and buckle up because this week’s episode is sure to take you on an emotional roller-coaster of a ride.
So once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This is….55
1) Poona Ford de-committed
2) Chris Nelson de-committed
3) BOTH are now considering Texas
4) Thanks Charlie…..glad you are not cut like that
6) Sorry Charlie……
7) George Rushing de-committed from the Cards also as well as Isaiah Ford….hopefully both can find their way back home to the ‘Ville
8) It has been rumored that current Purdue U (PU for short) RB Dalyn Dawkins may be trying to find his way back home. It was a shame that Charlie didn’t recruit the in-state kids more than he did. More on this later…
9) He stated in an interview after being hired at Texas that he was glad to be in a state that has talent to recruit….or something along those lines. Classy move Chuck
10) Almost as classy as what he says during the following interview…..
12) Yep you heard him right, he was job hunting before our bowl game….SMH Read the rest of this entry
Here are the Twitter handles for the Football staff at the University of Louisville:
* All links will take you to their pages
HC- Bobby Petrino:
OC- Garrick McGee:
WR- Lamar Thomas: @LamarCoachT
OL- Chris Klenakis:
DB- Terrell Buckley
DC- Todd Grantham: @CoachTGUGA
As we find more we will add them to this list!