This week on 55………….
Time to take a deep breath in and out. This week on 55 I had planned to do a Teddy’s top play version of 55 seeing that he declared and we thought for sure that he was the only guy we would have to mourn this week. Clearly we were wrong. It’s OK though, don’t fret, I have decided to dedicate half to Teddy and half to all the people we have said “He Gone” to this week. When I first started saying “He Gone” it was as a harmless little joke. It has since taken a bigger spotlight in the past 10 days and I will pay homage to that. So once again I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week.
1) Teddy Bridgewater declared for the NFL draft on Jan 1st. Teddy is projected to be the #1 pick in the NFL Draft and will be sorely missed
2) We thought we will be ok without Teddy, Coach and Will can get us through this rough time
5) Calvin Pryor declared for the NFL Draft last Monday. He is one of the hardest hitting guys I have ever seen here. He is projected to go late first, early second round in some publications. Congrats CP3
8) Damian Copeland bypassed his 6th year of eligibility to go pro on Jan 2. I do not see any projections with him in it, but he is a consummate pro talent-wise and I do expect him to be playing on Sundays.
11) Let’s go to basketball for our He Gone-a-thon for a moment. Chane Behanan was booted off the team for conduct detrimental to the team and is currently in Houston getting help and rehab from renowned basketball figure John Lucas. Chane, we at CardinalSportsZone.com as well as all of CardNation wish you the very best.
It is indeed a sad day in the land known as CardNation. We have lost our beloved leader to the dbags in cattle land. Here are my complete thoughts on the situation. I don’t blame coach for wanting to go to Texas, it’s a top 5 dream job for anyone who has been a coach. But the way he has treated the staff, players, recruits, and us the fans in the process is worse than anything I have ever seen. He was telling recruits, players, staff members, and even his own friends and family he was staying as late as yesterday. How do you do that to people you care about like that? I’m really not sure. In the end I really hope he succeeds and I wish him the best but as an example to young men you have to do things the right way and this was by no means done the right way. With that being said guys, we are gonna be just fine. ACC, Tom Jurich, our future is so bright. No worries or need to trash coach. Let’s just regroup, show these recruits our love for the school, and carry on. Go Cards!
P.S.- Just an example of what made me mad