This week…..on 55…..
We talk 2014 Football signing class, emoticons and emoji, The valiant effort of the Women’s Basketball team (Not Lady Cards, been trying to spread the word coach) to a surprise for the loyal readers of 55, and so much more. Here’s a little backstory on this week’s 55 pic. The above picture is a speed limit sign from the frigid snow engulfed areas of Northern Wisconsin. Their motto is drive under 55 and you may stay alive. I wish I was kidding, I am not at all. We are doing our next #CardFam Lunch this Sunday at noon at BW3′s on Dixie, all are welcome, just DM me and let me know for head count purposes. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
1) I am starting a promotion for my loyal and wonderful supporters of the #55movement (Just made that up). Starting next Monday I will let you guys write a portion of 55. Just tweet me #First15 and I will let you write the first 15 lines of 55. It’s that simple. Shoutout to @TurtleBITW for getting my brain turning and coming up with this idea. Everyone will get to do it. I will randomize the order. That easy.
3) I did NOT get the idea from this book
4) Speaking of
5) I posed a question on Twitter last night about whether or not dudes should send other dudes smiley faces or tongue sticking out faces or emojis or emoticons in general. I said RT for Yes and Fav for No. I had a few speak on it instead of following Twitter survey etiquette but here is the question and results.
7) No RT and all favorites…
9) Haha indeed
10) I had a friend tell me I needed emoji for dummies….But “he” uses them and knew the name of the book….
12) Moving forward
13) Today Greg Brown, an NFL coaching veteran and former collegiate defensive coordinator, has joined the University of Louisville football’s coaching staff as the safeties coach and recruiting coordinator. Brown spent 15 years in the NFL before going to Alabama in 2013 as secondary coach under Nick Saban.
14) Kelsi Jones was named the inaugural AAC Player of the Week as UofL Softball started the season with a tough 3-2 record on the weekend. It doesn’t get any easier this weekend heading to Jacksonville with games against #17 Mizzou, #36 Notre Dame & #39 North Carolina. Good Luck girls!
15) On Sunday the Women’s Tennis team annihilated Conference foe Cincy 7-0 at home. The Cards are on a 3 match winning streak and will head to Wisconsin Friday.
Javonte Bagley- Wide Receiver
6’3 180 lbs
Vero Beach, Florida
Bagley has only been playing football for 2 years, and at 6’3 he brings great size to the wide receiver position. If you watch his highlight video on the link below, I think you will see that Petrino found another gem with Bagley. He could end up being a steal.
Photo courtesy of 247sports.com
Joe Namath because…well why not?
There has been a lot going on in Louisville sports lately, highlighted by football commitments every 5 minutes (seems like it). So I figured I would get you all caught up here on what has been going on. Consider this your one-stop shop for recent Louisville news. But come back and check out the site later if you want to of course. There will be a lot of links in this post so if you haven’t been able to keep up with news lately, it is all laid out for you.
*National Signing Day is this Wednesday February 5. We will keep you updated on what players become official members of the Louisville football team. Always an exciting day. The day of the fax machine!
*Some people started to get worried about this year’s football recruiting class. Some of us laughed at those people, and for good reason. Petrino and his staff have been getting commitments left and right lately, and here they are (as of now)…
Javonte Bagley announced via twitter that he has officially committed to the Louisville Cardinals. Bagley is a wide receiver from Vero Beach, Florida and was committed to Bowling Green. He is listed at 6’3 and 180 lbs, so he brings good size to the position. He also holds offers from Kentucky, South Florida, Wake Forest, Marshall, and more.