This week…..on 55…..
We talk 2014 Football signing class, emoticons and emoji, The valiant effort of the Women’s Basketball team (Not Lady Cards, been trying to spread the word coach) to a surprise for the loyal readers of 55, and so much more. Here’s a little backstory on this week’s 55 pic. The above picture is a speed limit sign from the frigid snow engulfed areas of Northern Wisconsin. Their motto is drive under 55 and you may stay alive. I wish I was kidding, I am not at all. We are doing our next #CardFam Lunch this Sunday at noon at BW3’s on Dixie, all are welcome, just DM me and let me know for head count purposes. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
1) I am starting a promotion for my loyal and wonderful supporters of the #55movement (Just made that up). Starting next Monday I will let you guys write a portion of 55. Just tweet me #First15 and I will let you write the first 15 lines of 55. It’s that simple. Shoutout to @TurtleBITW for getting my brain turning and coming up with this idea. Everyone will get to do it. I will randomize the order. That easy.
3) I did NOT get the idea from this book
4) Speaking of
5) I posed a question on Twitter last night about whether or not dudes should send other dudes smiley faces or tongue sticking out faces or emojis or emoticons in general. I said RT for Yes and Fav for No. I had a few speak on it instead of following Twitter survey etiquette but here is the question and results.
7) No RT and all favorites…
9) Haha indeed
10) I had a friend tell me I needed emoji for dummies….But “he” uses them and knew the name of the book….
12) Moving forward
13) Today Greg Brown, an NFL coaching veteran and former collegiate defensive coordinator, has joined the University of Louisville football’s coaching staff as the safeties coach and recruiting coordinator. Brown spent 15 years in the NFL before going to Alabama in 2013 as secondary coach under Nick Saban.
14) Kelsi Jones was named the inaugural AAC Player of the Week as UofL Softball started the season with a tough 3-2 record on the weekend. It doesn’t get any easier this weekend heading to Jacksonville with games against #17 Mizzou, #36 Notre Dame & #39 North Carolina. Good Luck girls!
15) On Sunday the Women’s Tennis team annihilated Conference foe Cincy 7-0 at home. The Cards are on a 3 match winning streak and will head to Wisconsin Friday.
When 6’4 350 lb Jimmy Terry committed to the Cards last week it had everyone left scratching their head. I got to be honest I wondered if it wasn’t a twitter hoax but folks it’s real and here’s a story on Jimmy Terry from 16 WAPT in Jackson Mississippi.
Jimmie Terry- Offensive Guard
6’4 350 lbs
Scout- Not Rated
ESPN- Not Rated
Terry was committed to Georgia Southern, but once the offer came from Louisville, he flipped his commitment. He was being shown interest (but not offered yet) from Alabama, Florida, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Southern Miss. If this one ends up being a steal for Petrino, it is a HUGE one!
Bobby Petrino is certainly making it known that offensive line is a need for this class. Jimmy Terry of Madison, Mississippi will become the 5th offensive lineman to commit to the Cards. Terry plays guard and is listed at 6’4 and 350 pounds! Scout.com shows that he was being shown interest from (but no offers yet): Alabama, Florida, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, and Southern Miss.
Terry committed to Georgia Southern last week, but the Cards just offered him. He talked to Howie Lindsey of CardinalSports.com and said “I’m signing with Louisville on Wednesday.” Howie has a good interview with him you can read.