It’s uk game week and of course the anticipation is never greater than for the day when we get to play uk and have a shot to destroy them in any sport. The people in Vegas have this contest being fairly close with the line ranging between 13-15.5 points depending on which site you look at. Well they forgot to ask our opinion, lol. Had they asked they would realize that this contest is going to be no contest at all. I will admit, in the heat of the moment, walking back to the car after EKU, I felt like it would be much closer than I do now. Several things have changed since Saturday. For one I have had time to sort everything out. For two, I heard tons of kentucky fans state they were going to win by 7-10 points. They are a cute bunch. Well here are CSZ staff members predictions, enjoy!
Go Cards! (Click on more for predictions)
It’s UL/uk game week, so every morning I will update you on the betting odds for this weekends Governors Cup matchup. The spread opened Sunday with Louisville + 7.5. The spread has been updated on multiple sites but the odds show it will be a closer game than most expected it to be. Here are the current odds as of 8:15 A.M. on Tuesday September 12th 2013
OK well I am a big numbers guy when it comes to anything, sports included. I decided to break down the wins and losses, PPG, etc. for The Battle For The Governors Cup this Saturday at noon.
- 11-14: This is the all-time series record going into this weekend. 4-6 at home for UL and 7-8 away
- 565/682: These are the amount of points that UL/uk have scored in this series. An average of 22.6 ppg for UL and 27.2 ppg for uk. A mere 4.6 ppg differential which is even more impressive seeing that UL was shutout the first 6 times the two schools played between 1912-1924
- 22.4/28.7: This represents the ppg when the game is held in Lexington with UL’s numbers being first and uk’s second, almost a full TD better points wise. UL is -3 ppg vs uk in Louisville
- Record in September: There have been 15 out of the 25 games in the month of September with the overall record at 9-6. In Louisville the Cards outscore uk 32.2-27 in the month of September. In Lexington the Cards outscore the cats once again 29.3-25.7. The Cards scoring more points in Lexington vs the Cats in September
- 2-1 Record vs uk since Coach Charlie Strong came to Louisville with a 72-54 advantage in points scored (24-18 avg)
Well I hope you have enjoyed my breakdown by the numbers for this game as I enjoyed bringing it to you. Lets hope that the Cards widen the September margin a little more and even this series up at 8 a piece overall in commonwealth stadium. Good luck to our young men and Go Cards!