This week…..on 55…..
In honor of the huge win yesterday vs #7 Cincy I thought I would go Throwback on you guys and honor one of my favorite 55’s (I can’t think of one other) Joseph N’Sima. This week on 55 is a little different as we have a guest writer. @LarleesWorld won the very first #First15 contest. I really hope you guys like the concept and if you don’t its all @LarleesWorld’s fault. That makes me feel better. This week we talk about big wins across the board for UofL Athletics. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
The first 15 lines are brought to you buy @LarleesWorld….give him a follow on Twitter
1) What an honor to be the first honorary participant in the writing of the “first 15.” Thanks Jeremy!
*Editors note…I did NOT pay him to say that
P.S.- Where do I send the totally unrelated electronic funds transfer
2) Giving credit where credit is do, Jeff Walz and the Cards. Are they not a special team? A certain guard hits 2,000 points, and the recruiting success continues.
3) One of my favorite plays in a long time happened this week. Terry Rozier’s fake behind the back, wow. Brought back memories of LaBradford Smith…we have come so far!!
4) Some key football decommits, followed by a flurry of offers by Petrino and staff.
5) USA! USA! USA! The women’s and men’s hockey games are still bothering me.
6) Cardinal Baseball has started, with some great wins. If you haven’t been to a game, go soon. Nothing more fun, and affordable, than Cardinal Baseball.
7) We played Cincy on Saturday, I can’t put into words how badly I wanted to beat them..and we did!
8) If you shaved this week, stop reading now. #NoShaveTilDallas
9) I emailed Jeremy so I had proof I called the win against Cincy…Haters.
10) Montrezl Harrell decided Cincy wasn’t going to push him around again. He played like a man against the Bearcats…what a win.
11) Terry Rozier…enough said.
12) Russ Smith…you have to love the kid. This team in general showed some heart in Saturday’s game…bring on March. #RiseAndRepeat
15) Been a pleasure writing the first 15, maybe I can do it again someday.
Follow me at @LarleesWorld, shameless self plug… GO CARDS!!!!!!
Read the rest of this entry
This week…..on 55…..
In honor of MY beloved Steelers hiring former Steeler great Joey Porter…and because I couldn’t find any new 55 pics…I have dedicated the title pic to you Joey Porter. Congrats! On the job not being the header on 55, or both, whatever. This week on 55 we discuss long layoffs, an all seeing being in CardNation and much, much more. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) We shall start off this week with a little Football talk. Tae Thibodeaux signed with UofL on Wednesday. The 6’1 267 pound Defensive Tackle is a much needed addition to the 2014 recruiting class. Read more here
2) Also this past weekend the Cards had a ton of visitors. Headed by David Moala, Pio Vatuvei for officials and Emmitt Smith and compamy here for junior day. Read more about Pio and Moala here
3) It was announced that all of the Spring practices will be open to the public leading up to the annual Spring game on April 11. Here is the full schedule:
4) Henry Famurewa Tweeted this out on Saturday:
5) Straight Fire………..
6) On to Basketball
7) “This has been the longest wait ever between games! At least we get to play tomorrow.”
8) “No we don’t”
10) Snowmageddon, patent pending, probably not, pushed UofL’s game vs storied rival Temple over to Friday night AKA Valentines Day. No worries as the Cards dispatched their rivals 82-58. Montrezl Harrell had a career high 22 points and with his 6 dunks, pulled within one dunk of the single season dunk record set by Chane Behanan. Surely he would shatter that vs Rutgers….
12) Because he would only get one dunk Sunday night vs storied rival Rutgers during a 102-54 stomping of Rutgers at home in the YUM! Lead by Luke Hancock’s 25 points (6 threes), Rozier’s 4 threes which led to an overall season high 16 3 point baskets made, it gave very few opportunities for Trezl to be Trezl. Worry not as the very next dunk breaks the record.
13) Also evidentally ESPN likes to call every team we play a storied rival