Today coach Bobby Petrino welcomed two guys home. Kolby Smith will return to coach Running backs and LD Scott will coach the OLB’s.
Kolby Smith started his coaching career in 2012 as a GA for Arkansas. In 2013 he went to WKU to coach RB for Bobby Petrino. Kolby spent 3 seasons in the NFL for 3 different teams. At Louisville, Kolby led the team his Sophomore year at 9.4 yard per carry.
L.D. Scott spent two years on the staff at Arkansas. In 2011 he was an intern who was coaching DT’s and in 2012 he moved to GA coaching D line. In 2013 he took the job at WKU as Defensive Ends coach.
Welcome home guys!
(Full press release below)
This week…..on 55…..
Once again I figured on having a pretty uneventful week. Name a new coach, get our recruits lined up and on board with the new staff and carry on. Boy was I wrong. In this weeks 55 I have so much info I may not be able to put a lot of pictures in, or joke on Shawn during the monologue. (Sorry Pal) From Old friends to new ones and commitments given and taken away, this has been quite the week. So sit down and buckle up because this week’s episode is sure to take you on an emotional roller-coaster of a ride.
So once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This is….55
1) Poona Ford de-committed
2) Chris Nelson de-committed
3) BOTH are now considering Texas
4) Thanks Charlie…..glad you are not cut like that
6) Sorry Charlie……
7) George Rushing de-committed from the Cards also as well as Isaiah Ford….hopefully both can find their way back home to the ‘Ville
8) It has been rumored that current Purdue U (PU for short) RB Dalyn Dawkins may be trying to find his way back home. It was a shame that Charlie didn’t recruit the in-state kids more than he did. More on this later…
9) He stated in an interview after being hired at Texas that he was glad to be in a state that has talent to recruit….or something along those lines. Classy move Chuck
10) Almost as classy as what he says during the following interview…..
12) Yep you heard him right, he was job hunting before our bowl game….SMH Read the rest of this entry