This week on 55……….
We talk commitments……HUGE commitments. How the Cards are doing under Bobby P. Red-White scrimmage tickets go on sale. Hot dogs, Nelson, Intrastate rivals and more. Is there one more big commitment in the CARDS for UofL this week? I say L yeah! So strap in, here are the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is……55.
1) ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC………..I’m really not sure if I said it enough times but ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC. My bad, I know that was the same #1 as it was last week but so much more respect nationally just due to the conference switch. Much more fun league to be a part of as well. Got the following tweet right after the game….
3) Last year we would have “slipped by” or “escaped” This year we shut down a top ACC team. So proud of this team…..
4) Read my experience from my first ACC game here
This week…..on 55…..
We talk 2014 Football signing class, emoticons and emoji, The valiant effort of the Women’s Basketball team (Not Lady Cards, been trying to spread the word coach) to a surprise for the loyal readers of 55, and so much more. Here’s a little backstory on this week’s 55 pic. The above picture is a speed limit sign from the frigid snow engulfed areas of Northern Wisconsin. Their motto is drive under 55 and you may stay alive. I wish I was kidding, I am not at all. We are doing our next #CardFam Lunch this Sunday at noon at BW3’s on Dixie, all are welcome, just DM me and let me know for head count purposes. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
1) I am starting a promotion for my loyal and wonderful supporters of the #55movement (Just made that up). Starting next Monday I will let you guys write a portion of 55. Just tweet me #First15 and I will let you write the first 15 lines of 55. It’s that simple. Shoutout to @TurtleBITW for getting my brain turning and coming up with this idea. Everyone will get to do it. I will randomize the order. That easy.
3) I did NOT get the idea from this book
4) Speaking of
5) I posed a question on Twitter last night about whether or not dudes should send other dudes smiley faces or tongue sticking out faces or emojis or emoticons in general. I said RT for Yes and Fav for No. I had a few speak on it instead of following Twitter survey etiquette but here is the question and results.
7) No RT and all favorites…
9) Haha indeed
10) I had a friend tell me I needed emoji for dummies….But “he” uses them and knew the name of the book….
12) Moving forward
13) Today Greg Brown, an NFL coaching veteran and former collegiate defensive coordinator, has joined the University of Louisville football’s coaching staff as the safeties coach and recruiting coordinator. Brown spent 15 years in the NFL before going to Alabama in 2013 as secondary coach under Nick Saban.
14) Kelsi Jones was named the inaugural AAC Player of the Week as UofL Softball started the season with a tough 3-2 record on the weekend. It doesn’t get any easier this weekend heading to Jacksonville with games against #17 Mizzou, #36 Notre Dame & #39 North Carolina. Good Luck girls!
15) On Sunday the Women’s Tennis team annihilated Conference foe Cincy 7-0 at home. The Cards are on a 3 match winning streak and will head to Wisconsin Friday.
The football Cards will have some important Visitors on campus this weekend. The Cards will have four current Commits in town as well as one big time level Junior College player. Among the commits this weekend will be 4* WR Isaiah Ford, 3* OL Kavaris Harkless, 3* RB LJ Scott, and 3* WR Cameron Polk. Scott and Polk are both looking to possibly enroll early in January while Ford and Harkless are getting a last look at the Louisville campus before decided whether to stick with the Cards or listen to other offers. While it looks as both Ford and Harkless will stick with the Cards Virginia Tech (Ford) and Florida (Harkless) have made strong moves in the last few months to sway the Louisville Commits, so this visit is key.
Along with the Commits the Cards will host the #1 rated weak side DE Trevon Young. The 6’4 225 lbs Young is playing his JUCO ball at Iowa Wesleyan where last season he recorded 44 tackles and 13 sacks. Young recently took a visit to Ole Miss and after this weekend will make his decision between the Cards, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Iowa.
Every night on SportsCenter, the top 10 plays from around the country are played. Every day America submits what they think should be the ten best plays in America. Being #1 is something CardNation is getting use to and on this night it wouldn’t be any different. L.J. Scott, a 5-10 224 pound RB out of Marion Harding High School in Marion, Ohio leaped over a defender and rumbled to the end zone for what appeared to be a 50 yard TD. Scott, a Louisville commit, was flagged for the play because hurdling is illegal in High School football in Ohio. I asked LJ what it meant to him being on SportsCenter Top 10. “ It meant more to me that kids who look up to me were happy more than my own happiness if that makes sense. Marion is a great town but unfortunately its been out shadowed by negative light lately. It was a team effort though, but I’m just more excited kids who look up to me know that great things are possible with God and hard work!!” said LJ. When I asked his thoughts about everyone who helped to get the video on he said “to everyone who helped it go viral I can’t thank them enough… to the city of Marion, to Cardnation!! I cant explain the appreciation of everything! I cant wait to be a cardinal but im not in a hurry to leave my beloved Marion!!!
This kid is a special kid and that’s become the standard of what Coach Strong recruits. A very humble and Outstanding young man. CardNation we are lucky. I told him we will hopefully see him make more Top 10’s as a Card. Below is the clip, Enjoy!