This week…..on 55…..
As we come down to the last few episodes of 55, it’s only fitting that the end of the basketball season is near too. I just wish there was something to talk about. Oh yeah…we get uk again! So in the spirit of revenge on those we despise more than Digger Phelps (I may have went too far) here are the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) On Thursday night we opened up our defense of the National Championship with a tough game vs the Manhattan Jaspers, coached by former Louisville asst coach Steve Masiello. I like to believe we played the basketball version of a game called chess. Rick didn’t want to embarrass Mass so we played tit-for-tat (lol) and won the game when we needed to. Played smothering defense as well.
3) Well that had the opposite effect than I intended
4) Nevertheless, we move onto our next conquest which are the mighty Billikens of Saint Louis. Top 10 team at times this year, former conference foes…what could scare us about the Billikens?
6) Oh yeah..That was creepy….in more ways then one
7) I digress
This week…..on 55…..
We talk 2014 Football signing class, emoticons and emoji, The valiant effort of the Women’s Basketball team (Not Lady Cards, been trying to spread the word coach) to a surprise for the loyal readers of 55, and so much more. Here’s a little backstory on this week’s 55 pic. The above picture is a speed limit sign from the frigid snow engulfed areas of Northern Wisconsin. Their motto is drive under 55 and you may stay alive. I wish I was kidding, I am not at all. We are doing our next #CardFam Lunch this Sunday at noon at BW3′s on Dixie, all are welcome, just DM me and let me know for head count purposes. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
1) I am starting a promotion for my loyal and wonderful supporters of the #55movement (Just made that up). Starting next Monday I will let you guys write a portion of 55. Just tweet me #First15 and I will let you write the first 15 lines of 55. It’s that simple. Shoutout to @TurtleBITW for getting my brain turning and coming up with this idea. Everyone will get to do it. I will randomize the order. That easy.
3) I did NOT get the idea from this book
4) Speaking of
5) I posed a question on Twitter last night about whether or not dudes should send other dudes smiley faces or tongue sticking out faces or emojis or emoticons in general. I said RT for Yes and Fav for No. I had a few speak on it instead of following Twitter survey etiquette but here is the question and results.
7) No RT and all favorites…
9) Haha indeed
10) I had a friend tell me I needed emoji for dummies….But “he” uses them and knew the name of the book….
12) Moving forward
13) Today Greg Brown, an NFL coaching veteran and former collegiate defensive coordinator, has joined the University of Louisville football’s coaching staff as the safeties coach and recruiting coordinator. Brown spent 15 years in the NFL before going to Alabama in 2013 as secondary coach under Nick Saban.
14) Kelsi Jones was named the inaugural AAC Player of the Week as UofL Softball started the season with a tough 3-2 record on the weekend. It doesn’t get any easier this weekend heading to Jacksonville with games against #17 Mizzou, #36 Notre Dame & #39 North Carolina. Good Luck girls!
15) On Sunday the Women’s Tennis team annihilated Conference foe Cincy 7-0 at home. The Cards are on a 3 match winning streak and will head to Wisconsin Friday.
This week…..on 55…..
Additions, Subtractions, Super Bowl & JC Penneys? Yeah I try to cover it all. From people going crazy on me to signing day to the omission of a certain someone, it’s here. A powerful and swift campaign swept twitter last Tuesday and you know what? It worked. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
That is a pic of my Doss Jersey in case you were wondering, if you weren’t then I challenge your existence
2) Louisville First, Cards FOREVER….never forget
3) Hopefully some of the recruits out there who are still deciding pay attention to this
4) Speaking of recruits
5) Trumaine Washington
6) That’s how you show love guys! Click here for more on Trumaine
7) LuKayus Mcneil (click here for more)
Just committed to the university of Louisville. 🏈—
(@lukayus) February 02, 2014
8) Charles Standberry (click here for more) No tweets from today
9) Quincy McKinney
10) So for all of you guys that doubted coach P, we just jumped up into the top 35-40 when some of ya’ll said we would be 70th
12) I tried to tell them Shaq
This week…..on 55…..
Once again I figured on having a pretty uneventful week. Name a new coach, get our recruits lined up and on board with the new staff and carry on. Boy was I wrong. In this weeks 55 I have so much info I may not be able to put a lot of pictures in, or joke on Shawn during the monologue. (Sorry Pal) From Old friends to new ones and commitments given and taken away, this has been quite the week. So sit down and buckle up because this week’s episode is sure to take you on an emotional roller-coaster of a ride.
So once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This is….55
1) Poona Ford de-committed
2) Chris Nelson de-committed
3) BOTH are now considering Texas
4) Thanks Charlie…..glad you are not cut like that
6) Sorry Charlie……
7) George Rushing de-committed from the Cards also as well as Isaiah Ford….hopefully both can find their way back home to the ‘Ville
8) It has been rumored that current Purdue U (PU for short) RB Dalyn Dawkins may be trying to find his way back home. It was a shame that Charlie didn’t recruit the in-state kids more than he did. More on this later…
9) He stated in an interview after being hired at Texas that he was glad to be in a state that has talent to recruit….or something along those lines. Classy move Chuck
10) Almost as classy as what he says during the following interview…..
12) Yep you heard him right, he was job hunting before our bowl game….SMH Read the rest of this entry
Photo courtesy of sportsillustrated.cnn.com
By Lloyd Spence:
As Head Coach Charlie Strong walked out the door last weekend to The University of Texas, the search for the next coach began in one of the strangest possible places.
University of Louisville Athletic Director aka “The Card-Father”, Tom Jurich, decided to start his search (despite major personal reservations) in Bowling Green, KY with the man that lead the Football program to places it had only reached under Hall of Fame Coach Howard Schnellenberger. As that search evolved, Bobby Petrino, who led the Cardinals from 2003 to 2007 and was the current Head Coach of Western Kentucky University, quickly became the “target coach” to lead the program into its new conference home, The ACC.
This week…..on 55…..
We celebrated our birthday at CSZ (got 0 cake) and watched the Cards dominate their bowl game after falling a little flat during the basketball game. I really hope you guys love this feature. I really do do (hehe) this for you guys. If it’s a hit then awesome and if only 10 people see it (yeah right) then so be it. But alas, it is the time of the week I love, 55 time. As we say goodbye to 2013: The Year Of The Card and say hello to 2014, YOTC pt 2. Once again I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week.
1) CardinalSportszone.com turned 2 years old on Wednesday. Once again I couldn’t begin to tell Steve, Justin, & Daryl what this site means to me and how proud I am to call them teammates…..what a way to go out…..sorry Teddy flashbacks
2) 1 more year! 1 more year!
3) Hopefully CardinalSportszone.com will have many, many more years
4) I am gonna tackle football first. Saturday evening the Cards disposed of the Miami Hurricanes 36-9. Teddy Bridgewater threw three touchdown passes and ran for another score on Saturday night in the Russell Athletic Bowl. He threw for a career high 447 yards
5) Teddy come back…..
7) He gone
8) I digress
9) Junior wideout DeVante Parker had 9 catches for 142 yards and a TD. His 12th TD of the season ties Ibn Green’s 1998 mark and puts him just 5 away from Ibn’s career mark
10) DeVante come back…..
11) Kicker John Wallace outscored Miami by himself, threw a punch and laid the wood in a very eventful game for the kicker
12) Switching gears this also happened Saturday:
13) OK back to football
Our guys Lloyd Spence (Talkin Noiz) and Howie Lindsey (CardinalSports.com) Will be having a live pre and post game for both Louisville games today. The guys will be live from Lexington and Orlando with many guests!! Be sure to check it out. Link is in the tweet below: