Live With 55 4-22-15 Alvin Sims, Rex Ecarma, Courtney Dinkins
This week…..on 55…..
In honor of MY beloved Steelers hiring former Steeler great Joey Porter…and because I couldn’t find any new 55 pics…I have dedicated the title pic to you Joey Porter. Congrats! On the job not being the header on 55, or both, whatever. This week on 55 we discuss long layoffs, an all seeing being in CardNation and much, much more. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) We shall start off this week with a little Football talk. Tae Thibodeaux signed with UofL on Wednesday. The 6’1 267 pound Defensive Tackle is a much needed addition to the 2014 recruiting class. Read more here
2) Also this past weekend the Cards had a ton of visitors. Headed by David Moala, Pio Vatuvei for officials and Emmitt Smith and compamy here for junior day. Read more about Pio and Moala here
3) It was announced that all of the Spring practices will be open to the public leading up to the annual Spring game on April 11. Here is the full schedule:
4) Henry Famurewa Tweeted this out on Saturday:
5) Straight Fire………..
6) On to Basketball
7) “This has been the longest wait ever between games! At least we get to play tomorrow.”
8) “No we don’t”
10) Snowmageddon, patent pending, probably not, pushed UofL’s game vs storied rival Temple over to Friday night AKA Valentines Day. No worries as the Cards dispatched their rivals 82-58. Montrezl Harrell had a career high 22 points and with his 6 dunks, pulled within one dunk of the single season dunk record set by Chane Behanan. Surely he would shatter that vs Rutgers….
12) Because he would only get one dunk Sunday night vs storied rival Rutgers during a 102-54 stomping of Rutgers at home in the YUM! Lead by Luke Hancock’s 25 points (6 threes), Rozier’s 4 threes which led to an overall season high 16 3 point baskets made, it gave very few opportunities for Trezl to be Trezl. Worry not as the very next dunk breaks the record.
13) Also evidentally ESPN likes to call every team we play a storied rival
This week…..on 55…..
The tenth episode of 55. Oh how time flies. It seems like it was just yesterday that you were nothing more than just an idea in my head. I just can’t believe how fast you have grown. Before long we will celebrate your 21st. I can’t talk about this right now. Sorry. Moving on. I know what you are saying…Jeremy has finally lost it, or dude it’s just a story. You would be right either way. I am just glad that this week it was not as eventful as last week and that I will be able to take time out to make fun of Shawn once again….I feel like I neglected him. Poor lil guy. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
1) Mark Schlabach has once again released his “Way too early Top 25″ for college football this upcoming season. Check out where he ranks the Cards here
2) He also ranked Texas…..there goes his credibility with me
3) Sorry Charlie
4) Still a little salty………
5) Saturday Preston Brown & Hakeem Smith played in the East-West Shrine game. Both played well but evidently nobody cared enough to post tackling stats on any site anywhere….
7) Oh great SpongeBob is back…..anyways
8) The University of Louisville has purchased the Cardinal Club, an 18-hole championship golf course and 212-acre complex in Simpsonville, Ky. which serves as home to the U of L men’s and women’s golf teams. The facility will be rebranded as the University of Louisville Golf Club
9) It really was long overdue….great purchase by the University
10) Louisville midfielder Charlyn Corral was selected to the National Soccer Coaches Association of America Scholar All-America Team the NSCAA announced on Wednesday
11) Sources tell me…..Shawn wears Underroos……Finally a Shawn joke!!!!!!!
12) Sorry bud…I felt I had neglected you. Moving forward
This week on 55………….
Time to take a deep breath in and out. This week on 55 I had planned to do a Teddy’s top play version of 55 seeing that he declared and we thought for sure that he was the only guy we would have to mourn this week. Clearly we were wrong. It’s OK though, don’t fret, I have decided to dedicate half to Teddy and half to all the people we have said “He Gone” to this week. When I first started saying “He Gone” it was as a harmless little joke. It has since taken a bigger spotlight in the past 10 days and I will pay homage to that. So once again I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week.
1) Teddy Bridgewater declared for the NFL draft on Jan 1st. Teddy is projected to be the #1 pick in the NFL Draft and will be sorely missed
2) We thought we will be ok without Teddy, Coach and Will can get us through this rough time
5) Calvin Pryor declared for the NFL Draft last Monday. He is one of the hardest hitting guys I have ever seen here. He is projected to go late first, early second round in some publications. Congrats CP3
8) Damian Copeland bypassed his 6th year of eligibility to go pro on Jan 2. I do not see any projections with him in it, but he is a consummate pro talent-wise and I do expect him to be playing on Sundays.
11) Let’s go to basketball for our He Gone-a-thon for a moment. Chane Behanan was booted off the team for conduct detrimental to the team and is currently in Houston getting help and rehab from renowned basketball figure John Lucas. Chane, we at CardinalSportsZone.com as well as all of CardNation wish you the very best.
This week…..on 55…..
We celebrated our birthday at CSZ (got 0 cake) and watched the Cards dominate their bowl game after falling a little flat during the basketball game. I really hope you guys love this feature. I really do do (hehe) this for you guys. If it’s a hit then awesome and if only 10 people see it (yeah right) then so be it. But alas, it is the time of the week I love, 55 time. As we say goodbye to 2013: The Year Of The Card and say hello to 2014, YOTC pt 2. Once again I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week.
1) CardinalSportszone.com turned 2 years old on Wednesday. Once again I couldn’t begin to tell Steve, Justin, & Daryl what this site means to me and how proud I am to call them teammates…..what a way to go out…..sorry Teddy flashbacks
2) 1 more year! 1 more year!
3) Hopefully CardinalSportszone.com will have many, many more years
4) I am gonna tackle football first. Saturday evening the Cards disposed of the Miami Hurricanes 36-9. Teddy Bridgewater threw three touchdown passes and ran for another score on Saturday night in the Russell Athletic Bowl. He threw for a career high 447 yards
5) Teddy come back…..
7) He gone
8) I digress
9) Junior wideout DeVante Parker had 9 catches for 142 yards and a TD. His 12th TD of the season ties Ibn Green’s 1998 mark and puts him just 5 away from Ibn’s career mark
10) DeVante come back…..
11) Kicker John Wallace outscored Miami by himself, threw a punch and laid the wood in a very eventful game for the kicker
12) Switching gears this also happened Saturday:
13) OK back to football
This week…..on 55…..
We prepare for what is a very special week here at CSZ, our two year anniversary on Wednesday. We have went through highs and lows, team members and a little adversity. One thing that hasn’t changed is the core of this group and that we are awesome. We added rising star Daryl Foust in mid 2013 and expect a huge 2014 out of her. We have a lot of things to be proud of at CSZ and I’m proud we made it to 2014. I promise that we will continue to entertain you and that I will continue to write 55 until I have nothing left to say……..Sorry waiting for pigs to fly. Once again I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week.
1) On Saturday students at FIU dressed in crew wear and shouted Teddy sucks before tipoff……
2) They know this is basketball…
3) and that Teddy doesn’t suck….
4) And that they are not Miami?
6) prolly not…heres the photo though
8) yeah I don’t see Gilligan but I do see the Skipper
9) Card fans, I implore you to go check out our guy Lloyd Spence on @TalkinNoiz. The crew from CSZ are on every Thursday in our attempt to bring the NOIZ. Justin and Steve both represented for us last week. Steve will be on for the Monday, December 30th show to talk Russell Athletic and how the Basketball team fared in Lexington….Can’t wait….I hate that I immediately thought about Bart Scott
11) Shoni Schimmel rose to the occasion on Saturday leading the way against No. 11 Colorado and wound up with a season-high 30 points, including 13 on 16 free throws, in No. 7 Louisville’s 69-62 win over the Buffaloes.
12) You guys, Coach Walz said we had something special here at the ‘Ville and I believe him
55. Not just a random number to me. It’s a number that has followed me around my life. It was always my number in any sports I played. Whenever I create players on games they are always 55. It’s the number that comes after 54. One day I hope to live to see the age of 55. All valid points. Today I monitored twitter a little more than often and noticed that its getting as bad as Facebook there. So many things going down in one day. So many gripes, so many issues. So I decided to put down a list of 55 things I observed today. Here we go in no particular order.
I told you guys yesterday that one thing that I try to do with the members of CardNation is stay interactive. I follow everyone back on Twitter, answer every question and talk to everyone no matter what time of the day I get hit with a random DM on twitter. I feel like that’s important, and a part of what sets us apart from a majority of the other sites out there. I wanted to do a game week story about what you all were feeling about Sunday and what was your favorite gameday rituals or things to do. I DM’d several people that I converse with the most and asked for their input. I hope you guys enjoy reading what everyone thought. I will be releasing these every day this week so email me at @JSWahman723@aol.com if you want to be a part of it. Todays participants include Twitter favorites: @BricksDF, @CrumsRevenge from TheCrunchZone.com, @HollyGirl88, @C_Evans41 and last but not least @Lvilleshawn…enjoy!
P.S. We aren’t responsible for what Bricks says…lol