This week…..on 55…..
We talk 2014 Football signing class, emoticons and emoji, The valiant effort of the Women’s Basketball team (Not Lady Cards, been trying to spread the word coach) to a surprise for the loyal readers of 55, and so much more. Here’s a little backstory on this week’s 55 pic. The above picture is a speed limit sign from the frigid snow engulfed areas of Northern Wisconsin. Their motto is drive under 55 and you may stay alive. I wish I was kidding, I am not at all. We are doing our next #CardFam Lunch this Sunday at noon at BW3′s on Dixie, all are welcome, just DM me and let me know for head count purposes. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
1) I am starting a promotion for my loyal and wonderful supporters of the #55movement (Just made that up). Starting next Monday I will let you guys write a portion of 55. Just tweet me #First15 and I will let you write the first 15 lines of 55. It’s that simple. Shoutout to @TurtleBITW for getting my brain turning and coming up with this idea. Everyone will get to do it. I will randomize the order. That easy.
3) I did NOT get the idea from this book
4) Speaking of
5) I posed a question on Twitter last night about whether or not dudes should send other dudes smiley faces or tongue sticking out faces or emojis or emoticons in general. I said RT for Yes and Fav for No. I had a few speak on it instead of following Twitter survey etiquette but here is the question and results.
7) No RT and all favorites…
9) Haha indeed
10) I had a friend tell me I needed emoji for dummies….But “he” uses them and knew the name of the book….
12) Moving forward
13) Today Greg Brown, an NFL coaching veteran and former collegiate defensive coordinator, has joined the University of Louisville football’s coaching staff as the safeties coach and recruiting coordinator. Brown spent 15 years in the NFL before going to Alabama in 2013 as secondary coach under Nick Saban.
14) Kelsi Jones was named the inaugural AAC Player of the Week as UofL Softball started the season with a tough 3-2 record on the weekend. It doesn’t get any easier this weekend heading to Jacksonville with games against #17 Mizzou, #36 Notre Dame & #39 North Carolina. Good Luck girls!
15) On Sunday the Women’s Tennis team annihilated Conference foe Cincy 7-0 at home. The Cards are on a 3 match winning streak and will head to Wisconsin Friday.
Here is what the recruits were tweeting about while on Louisville’s campus this weekend. There were 10 total visitors. National Signing Day is Wednesday February 5.
Coach Petrino and his staff are hosting another group of recruits this weekend. These “official visit” weekends are huge for the staff since the coaching change and because National Signing Day is just a couple of weeks away. They have to lock down the guys who were committed to the previous staff as well as impress the targets. Here is the list of visitors this weekend for the Cards.
Desean Blair- 4* wide receiver from Jacksonville, FL. 6’4 185 lbs
*According to our own post here, Blair said that Nebraska was his favorite after visiting them last weekend. However, after Coach Petrino visited his school this week, the Cards pulled even, making this weekend a big one for the Cards with Blair.
Michael Johnson- 4* safety from Hialeah, FL. 6’2 190 lbs
Year in and year out, some of the best high school football players in the country come from the state of Florida. So when you are selected for an All-Star game in that state, that says a lot about the kind of talent you have. The Louisville Cardinals have 3 players committed for the class of 2014 that will play in the Nike Miami-Dade vs Broward football All-Star game.
Wide receiver George Rushing (Cardinal Gibbons High School) and defensive end Rashawn Shaw (Fort Pierce Central High School) will play on Team Florida, and safety Michael Johnson (Champagnat Catholic of Hialeah) will play on the Miami-Dade team. Rushing said that “I feel honored. I can’t wait to play in the game…I’m honored to played with two of my future teammates. It should be fun and competitive.”
The game will be played in Miramar, FL on December 28.
Currently the Cards have 14 verbal commits for the class of 2014. Of those 14 players, 8 are from the state of Florida. Coach Strong and staff continue to be a big time presence in the sunshine state when it comes to recruiting. Here is the list of commits so far, as well as their ranking on certain sites. Go Cards!
2014 UofL Football Commits (verbal)
Team recruiting rankings (May 22, 10:00 p.m.)
By: Steven Rummage
Charlie Strong and company landed their 2nd commitment of the 2014 class today when 6’3 Safety Michael Johnson said he would be a Cardinal. Johnson was a teammate of current Louisville signee Chucky Williams. Johnson recently measured in at 6’3 190 lbs and ran a 4.49 40, Charlie continues to bring in the large DB’s that will be needed in the ACC. Johnson forced seven fumbles in his JR year so I think we can expect a big physical Safety here. Johnson had offers from WVU and Nebraska along with others. On a side note Johnson recently told Deep South Recruiting that Miami was his dream school and now he’s a Card, Think on that Canes fans.