This week on 55………………..
We talk big win at Boston College, Basketball looking much improved, Field Hockey gets a NCAA berth. Devante and Gerod take aim at the record books for the NCAA,UL & ACC. Injuries, returns, and a disgruntled player or two. The first #55Guest writer is announced and predictions on P.J. Dozier. So get ready for the ride. Without further interruption, here are the things from this week that stand out to me the most. The most ridiculous, interesting and factual things I came across. This is 55……….
This week…..on 55…..
We talk about huge basketball wins, Women’s Basketball advancing to the AAC tourney final, Sr night and the end of 55? And much, much more. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) For all that have been asking, Mom got out of the hospital this weekend, your prayers were appreciated and mine were answered. Thank you guys so much…..
2) Saturday was Sr night for the winningest Senior class in UofL Men’s Basketball history….Thanks go out to each and every one of you guys.
3) Here is a personal thanks to each of you individually
5) Tim Henderson: Wichita…the kid got a nickname! Without a doubt the 2nd biggest inspiration during the tourney run last year behind Kevin Ware. This guy was always underappreciated by the fanbase and always worked so hard.
He got in and extended our title run with 2 shots that will go down in Louisville history. Tim, as one of your biggest skeptics the first 2.5 years I wanna say thank you for all you have done. Maybe this year we can use some more Wichita magic!
7) Stephan Van Treese: SVT, SVB, VAN BEAST, Big Hustle. The man of many nicknames for many UL fans. One of the few guys that I can remember who gave his all every single play. Another key factor to our success. You need a hustle play and he will take care of it for you.
A member of one of the most troubled recruiting classes we have had along side of Swop, Marra & Buckles…Siva was fine as we know…SVT decided to come back this year and make it count and boy did we ever need him. Big Hustle, to you I salute you sir!
9) Luke Hancock: Lukeeeeeeeeeee (11 e’s because he is #11, duh) Luke is without a shadow of a doubt the most impactful transfer I can remember with Clifford Rozier being my #1 prior. The guy who single handedly turned around the NCAA title game after we got Spike’d (I still don’t believe it).
and just like that, and a Trezl dunk, in a blink of an eye Louisville came back to beat Michigan for it’s 3rd NCAA title. Thank you to the M.O.P. of the NCAA Final Four Luke Hancock. After losing his dad and playing for our country this past summer, Luke looks like he’s in Luke Tourney form from last year. Thanks again Luke….you will be remembered forever….