This week…..on 55…..
We talk 2014 Football signing class, emoticons and emoji, The valiant effort of the Women’s Basketball team (Not Lady Cards, been trying to spread the word coach) to a surprise for the loyal readers of 55, and so much more. Here’s a little backstory on this week’s 55 pic. The above picture is a speed limit sign from the frigid snow engulfed areas of Northern Wisconsin. Their motto is drive under 55 and you may stay alive. I wish I was kidding, I am not at all. We are doing our next #CardFam Lunch this Sunday at noon at BW3’s on Dixie, all are welcome, just DM me and let me know for head count purposes. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
1) I am starting a promotion for my loyal and wonderful supporters of the #55movement (Just made that up). Starting next Monday I will let you guys write a portion of 55. Just tweet me #First15 and I will let you write the first 15 lines of 55. It’s that simple. Shoutout to @TurtleBITW for getting my brain turning and coming up with this idea. Everyone will get to do it. I will randomize the order. That easy.
3) I did NOT get the idea from this book
4) Speaking of
5) I posed a question on Twitter last night about whether or not dudes should send other dudes smiley faces or tongue sticking out faces or emojis or emoticons in general. I said RT for Yes and Fav for No. I had a few speak on it instead of following Twitter survey etiquette but here is the question and results.
7) No RT and all favorites…
9) Haha indeed
10) I had a friend tell me I needed emoji for dummies….But “he” uses them and knew the name of the book….
12) Moving forward
13) Today Greg Brown, an NFL coaching veteran and former collegiate defensive coordinator, has joined the University of Louisville football’s coaching staff as the safeties coach and recruiting coordinator. Brown spent 15 years in the NFL before going to Alabama in 2013 as secondary coach under Nick Saban.
14) Kelsi Jones was named the inaugural AAC Player of the Week as UofL Softball started the season with a tough 3-2 record on the weekend. It doesn’t get any easier this weekend heading to Jacksonville with games against #17 Mizzou, #36 Notre Dame & #39 North Carolina. Good Luck girls!
15) On Sunday the Women’s Tennis team annihilated Conference foe Cincy 7-0 at home. The Cards are on a 3 match winning streak and will head to Wisconsin Friday.
Sharieff Rhaheed just chose to sign with Louisville over Arkansas, Missouri, and Michigan State.
This is a huge pickup for Bobby Petrino to begin National Signing Day. Rhaheed is a former LSU commit who has liked the Cards for quite a while. He really liked them when Charlie Strong was head coach, and that kind of cooled off after he left for Texas. The Cards kept recruiting Rhaheed and today it paid off in a big way. Great pickup!
Sharieff Rhaheed- Linebacker
6’2 202 lbs
Fort Pierce, Florida
Tomorrow is College Football National Signing Day and it is an important one for the Cards. Bobby Petrino hasn’t had much time but looks to sign a very strong class down the stretch. With the exception of WR DeSean Blair we expect all the Cards commits to sign tomorrow as planned.
While the commits seem firm there will be some more names and announcements to keep and eye on:
4* LB Sharieff Rhaheed will announce tomorrow at 8 a.m. between Louisville, Michigan St., Missouri, and Arkansas
3* DE Grant Harris will announce at 9 a.m. between Louisville and Mississippi St.
4* JUCO DT Dalvon Stuckey will announce at 9 a.m. between Louisville and ASU
3* WR Cornelius Sturghill (Wisconsin Commit) will announce at 9:30 p.m. between Louisville and Wisconsin
4* WR Isaiah Ford will announce at 2 p.m. between Louisville, Va. Tech, South Carolina, and Florida
3* WR DeSean Blair will announce at 9 a.m. between Louisville, Nebraska, and Missouri
3* LB Isaiah Riddle will announce at 12 p.m. between Louisville, Ok St, Memphis, Kansas St, and Hawaii
These aren’t the only names to watch tomorrow just the ones with timed announcements. We will update throughout the day if more times are announced.
This week…..on 55…..
Additions, Subtractions, Super Bowl & JC Penneys? Yeah I try to cover it all. From people going crazy on me to signing day to the omission of a certain someone, it’s here. A powerful and swift campaign swept twitter last Tuesday and you know what? It worked. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
That is a pic of my Doss Jersey in case you were wondering, if you weren’t then I challenge your existence
2) Louisville First, Cards FOREVER….never forget
3) Hopefully some of the recruits out there who are still deciding pay attention to this
4) Speaking of recruits
5) Trumaine Washington
6) That’s how you show love guys! Click here for more on Trumaine
7) LuKayus Mcneil (click here for more)
Just committed to the university of Louisville. 🏈—
(@lukayus) February 02, 2014
8) Charles Standberry (click here for more) No tweets from today
9) Quincy McKinney
10) So for all of you guys that doubted coach P, we just jumped up into the top 35-40 when some of ya’ll said we would be 70th
12) I tried to tell them Shaq
Here is the list of visitors for the University of Louisville football program this weekend. There are 12 total targets, including 3 Junior College players.
Cornelius Sturghill- 3* cornerback from Memphis, TN. Current Wisconsin commit. 5’11 167 lbs
Sean Bowens- 3* linebacker from Port St. Lucie, FL. 6’2 221 lbs
Lukayus McNeil- 3* offensive tackle from Indianapolis, IN. 6’7 270 lbs
Sharieff Rhaheed is a 6’3 210 lb linebacker from Fort Pierce, Florida and is currently committed to LSU. He recently visited UofL, and some think that he may now be interested in the Cards. He also holds offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, USC, Ole Miss, Michigan State, Penn State, Georgia Tech, Cincinnati, and many more!