After my 3 mile walk to my car after a long day at the stadium, sipping tea was the only thing I could do without enduring any pain. My back, my feet, my heart….This was a new experience in more ways than one yesterday. I went out and tailgated with my guys Turtle (@TurtleBITW), Matt (@CoachBourbonUSA on Twitter) and Justin (@JustinRenck) from CardinalSportsZone.com (Cheap Plug). Me and Turts got to old Cardinal Stadium about noonish. Justin got there shortly after and he set up shop right next to THE Red Rage tailgate. A literal museum to all things Cardinal, The Red Rage is what most people would consider, the mecca of the Tailgate world. As seen on Wave3 Sunrise (Cheap plug for WAVE) those guys throw DOWN!!! They got there before 5am and partied the whole day. It was pretty awesome. Thanks to Lauren Jones from Wave3 for getting this together for those guys! Follow the Red Rage on Twitter at @TheRed_Rage so you know when and where to meet on game days!
This week on 55……….
We talk Cardinal Camo…….YES…..Cardinal Camo. We go over huge upsets and letdown. We go over the wet, wet, win in South Florida and a slew of other great but random things that have happened this week. Glad to have 55 back for you guys after the hiatus last week. Without further adieu, here are the 55 greatest, most ridiculous or random things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is……55.
1) First off I want to wish my mom a speedy recovery. She means the world to me and normally I don’t talk about personal issues on 55 but if you get a moment, say a prayer. I put her for #1 because she is my number 1….mushy I know (Don’t care)
2) Speaking of #1’s
4) On that shot by Becca Maddock, the #14 University of Louisville Field Hockey team defeated #1 UNC 3-2 Saturday. Congratulations for defending Trager!
5) Will be interesting to see where the Cards will be ranked when the new polls come out tomorrow…..
6) I got a tip a few weeks ago that we would be unveiling a new uni combo vs FSU in football. Me and Steve went through all the possible combos and ideas we could think of but nothing…..and the 55 means NOTHING could prepare us for this…………………….
8) First off, I’m sorry for referring to myself as the 55. Secondly may I say……….WOW! Here are a few more pics Adidas released this morning
10) Thank you Adidas for everything you do for us……
11) On Saturday the Football Cards defeated FIU 34-3 despite QB Will Gardner leaving the game with injury. The Cards O-Line looked very sloppy but this game was played on a sloppy field. The Cards line will have to improve if we want to have any shot at the big boys on our schedule.
12) A few highlights of the FIU game were Gerod Holliman taking the lead in INT’s in the country with 2 including this:
14) Once only thought of as a heavy hitter, Holliman has shown an evolution into a complete corner this year. It’s been a long time coming!
15) Also James Quick had this amazing catch:
17) Quick finished the day with 174 yards and 2 TD’s. Quick scored those 2 TD’s within :45 seconds. Amazing!
18) Also Keith Kelsey continued to impress after a 4 tackle day that included a sack for a 24 yard loss
19) I still think this should have counted
21) Oh well….I am sure we will plenty of Keith Kelsey highlights this season
22) It still should have counted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23) Moving on….
24) Speaking of our beloved Football Cardinals, UL is a 21 point favorite this week vs Wake Forest
25) I didn’t notice it during the Virginia game but did anyone else see Burgess hit their RB so hard his sweat exploded?
26) I wish I could’ve found that video….I tried but it kept taking me to clips that made me sad
27) I want to send out my condolences to the Bonnafon family since I was unable to last week…
28) When Reggie comes back there is no doubt in my mind that he will be starting for the time being. He is a tremendous talent and will thrive in Coach Petrino’s system. If that O line doesn’t improve we could put Jameis back there and it wouldn’t matter
29) Jameis get off that table! never mind….you know what I’m saying though
31) Ahhhhhh……….he stiff-armed him right in the….helmet
32) Glad we don’t have any more distractions like that at UL anymore (Insert Chane Smiley face)
33) On a different note, This weekend CSZ surpassed the 1 Million view mark lifetime. We want to thank each and every one of you for supporting this little thing we do. On my part I would like to say we were blessed to have such an amazing team. I want to thank Justin and Steve for everything they do let them know I appreciate them and we are lucky to have such a great team. We have some great Part timers too…Shout out to the princess of CSZ and her hat, Daryl Foust
34) Yesterday Matt Cassel broke some bones in his foot or something which prompted the Minnesota Vikings head coach to name him the starter going forward! Congrats to Teddy time and here’s hoping you show them what you showed us at the Ville!
36) Great, great moment….Class Act right there
37) Lets go to the week in review for Cardinal Athletics!
38) Women’s Golf won the Cardinal Cup on Tuesday! great start to the season by the ladies. Emily Haas finished the day at -1 for a 4th place finish overall. The Women travel to Colorado for the GolfWeek Challenge which starts today
39) The Men’s golf team helped take the victory for the ACC in the ACC/SEC challenge. The Cards did fall to Georgia in match play but J.D. Lehman and Robin Sciot-Siegrist picked up singles victories. The team is off until next Monday
40) Louisville Volleyball traveled to Texas for the Rice Invitational this past weekend. The Cards did not drop one set the entire weekend (3-0) and improved to 8-4 overall. Janelle Jenkins, Maya McClendon and Tess Clark were named to the All Tourney team with Jenkins landing MVP honors.
42) The Cards kick off their ACC Conference slate at home with games Friday vs BC at 7p and Sunday vs Georgia Tech at 2p. Get out and support our Cards!
43) The #9 Men’s Soccer team had a tough battle this week as they traveled to BC and escaped with a 3-2 victory in OT. Nolan Moore hit the game winner. The Cards travel to Lexington Tuesday for a game vs uk. I wish I was making this up but uk is holding an ABE-Out…..This will explain it all. SMH
46) Trying to move past that, the Cards host PITT on Friday at the LYNN……
47) Women’s Soccer went 2-0 this week at home after wins over Kent State and Syracuse! This week they will travel to FSU and Miami…. I suddenly hate them
48) From GoCards.com: University of Louisville junior Jeffrey Brown claimed the Indiana University Hoosier Classic Singles title Sunday afternoon. Coach Rex Ecarma is doing a phenominal job, Here are the full results
Louisville Men’s Tennis Results
IU Hoosier Classic
Sept. 21, 2014
Jeffrey Brown (UL) d. Matthew McCoy (IU) 7-6, 6-4
Brown d. Carsten fisher 6-4, 6-3
Santiago Salazar (UL) d. Baseem Mekawi (YSU) 6-4, 7-6
Courtney Lock (UL) d. Freddy Abunku (Xavier) 6-3,6-3
Remi Chancerel (Youngstown State) d. Pally Ray (UL) 6-3, 6-0
49) Other than knocking off little ol #1 UNC, the Filed Hockey team was in chill mode last week. This week they have 3 games! They host Ohio State tomorrow then travel to Wake on Friday then will play at Liberty on Sunday
Good job girls…good job!
50) Guessing with the de-commitment from Blakeney that the CSZ recruiting notebook will make a return soon…IMO it’s Dozier or bust for the last slot in this class. Here’s what Steve thinks..
51) Looks like the PGA is going to have a nice pair of Cards in the mix….I’m sorry for the pun
52) Gorgui Deing is predicted to have a breakout year this year in the NBA because….well because he’s great and our Gorgui!
54) Jeff Walz is on fire as if I even needed to tell you. Check out his loaded class here and let me know who you want to see as the final piece. Tweet me at @Jeremy_CSZ and let your voice be heard! My vote is for Arike Ogunbowale….
55) Finally, Thank goodness that Brock Lesnar left the arena with the title last night and my Steelers smoked the Panthers. at least one little guy I know wasn’t too sad last night. I wont say any names though. Matt Wesley. Until next time CardNation, this was 55………
You can find all previous episodes of 55 by typing 55 in thesearch bar and clicking search
P.S.-Here are videos of the Men’s basketball coaches that are excellent, enjoy!
P.S.S.- here’s the Football Intro
*some info taken from press releases, most from CSZ and my brain
**none taken from other people’s thoughts, NONE
This week on 55……….
We talk commitments……HUGE commitments. How the Cards are doing under Bobby P. Red-White scrimmage tickets go on sale. Hot dogs, Nelson, Intrastate rivals and more. Is there one more big commitment in the CARDS for UofL this week? I say L yeah! So strap in, here are the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is……55.
1) ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC………..I’m really not sure if I said it enough times but ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC. My bad, I know that was the same #1 as it was last week but so much more respect nationally just due to the conference switch. Much more fun league to be a part of as well. Got the following tweet right after the game….
3) Last year we would have “slipped by” or “escaped” This year we shut down a top ACC team. So proud of this team…..
4) Read my experience from my first ACC game here
By Justin Renck and Steve Rummage:
In our basketball recruiting notebook, we fill you in on where the Cards stand with their top targets in the class of 2015. The Cards gained their third commit for 2015 this week, and possibly have one more target in mind. Enjoy this week’s notebook!
Donovan Mitchell (Commit) – Rick Pitino got his guy when PG Donovon Mitchell announced he had committed to Louisville. Mitchell gave his commitment to the Cards this past weekend while on campus for his official visit. While Mitchell cut his list to 5 last week, the 6’3 PG told Steve Jones of the Courier Journal he “had been set on committing to U of L for about the last two weeks”. In the same article, Mitchell told Jones, “I had a dream I was playing in front of 22,000 (at the KFC Yum! Center), and that’s when I told my parents that I want to commit to Louisville.” Mitchell’s commitment to Louisville drew high praise from people around the country, including the ACC Sports Journal who tweeted this about the Cards 2015 class, “With Deng Adel, Raymond Spalding, and Donovan Mitchell locked in, Louisville may have the top 2015 class in the ACC. Pitino getting it done”. This week Donovan Mitchell was also named to the Elite 24 game held on August 23rd in Brooklyn. Look for Mitchell to vault up the updated rankings in the coming weeks. -Steve Rummage
So far your University of Louisville Cardinals have done very well in the NFL draft. 3 first round selections for the Cards are the most ever in one year. No more than 1 had ever been taken in round one in the history of the program. Calvin Pryor (18) Marcus Smith (26) and Teddy Bridgewater (32) now give the Cards 11 players to be drafted during the first round. Preston Brown was taken on day 2 as the ninth pick of the third round. So as historic and successful as this draft has already been for UofL, will we hear any names on day 3? I say yes. Who is still available to be selected? Will they be drafted? I will update this all day during the draft to tell you just who made it. Here are the guys still available for selection. Good luck and Go Cards!
After a long hiatus I am back to bring you the week n review. Thanks for all that helped by praying for my family in a time of need. With that being said here is you Cardinal week in review from 4/28 through 5/6
University of Louisville freshman Robert Geibel of the men’s golf team finished in a tie for fourth place at American Athletic Conference Men’s Golf Championship on Tuesday in Palm Harbor. Louisville finished in a tie for 5th for the team title finishing 12 shots off of the lead. This finish has landed them a spot in the NCAA tournament for just the 7th time in team history in team competition. They will be the 9th seed in the Auburn regional which runs from May 15th-17th at the Auburn University club. This is the first team appearance for the team since 2009.
This is the Cardinal week in review 4/14/14:
First off, this is the first week without 55 in several months but we had a ton of news. We did see our first edition of 4YourInfo by Daryl though. From TrezL to the road sweep of then #7 Houston, here is the week in review.
MontrezL HarreLL has decided to come back for his Junior year. That makes us happy. Wayne Blackshear wiLL NOT leave and both wiLL be captains for next season. I beLieve once Chris announces his intentions that he wiLL aLso be named captain. Here’s every dunk from trezL this year…P.S. I know aLL the L’s don’t need to be capitaLized but who’s gonna stop meL?
Read what Steve had to say here
Tonight at 8pm on ESPN2, then from 9-10:30 on ESPNU the 2014 WNBA Draft will be held. Shoni Schimmel was one of only 12 people to be invited to the draft meaning she should be a first rounder. All Seniors from this class are eligible for the draft.
This week…..on 55…..We come to an end of an era. No more Luuuuuuuuuuuuke, Russ, Wichita or Van Beast. No more of this 4 year version of Boom. We will miss you and cherish this class like no other. We did get another NCAA title this week and the girls of boom are still rolling so there’s that. So here we go, here are the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) On Friday night, which seems like a week ago, UL Men’s basketball team lost to a team none of us like….
2) This happened though….
4) Yeah I know scoreboard…
6) All jokes aside….Thank you to the following guys
7) Russ Smith
9) Tim Henderson
11) Seriously, from the bottom of our hearts…Thank you!
12) I also expect this guy to leave:
13) If he leaves I wanna thank you too Montrezl “MegaTrezl” Harrell for bringing massive monster dunks back to the school synonymous for dunking
This week…..on 55…..
As we come down to the last few episodes of 55, it’s only fitting that the end of the basketball season is near too. I just wish there was something to talk about. Oh yeah…we get uk again! So in the spirit of revenge on those we despise more than Digger Phelps (I may have went too far) here are the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) On Thursday night we opened up our defense of the National Championship with a tough game vs the Manhattan Jaspers, coached by former Louisville asst coach Steve Masiello. I like to believe we played the basketball version of a game called chess. Rick didn’t want to embarrass Mass so we played tit-for-tat (lol) and won the game when we needed to. Played smothering defense as well.
3) Well that had the opposite effect than I intended
4) Nevertheless, we move onto our next conquest which are the mighty Billikens of Saint Louis. Top 10 team at times this year, former conference foes…what could scare us about the Billikens?
6) Oh yeah..That was creepy….in more ways then one
7) I digress
This week…..on 55…..
You know I normally start out the opening paragraph to 55 with a preview of what im going to talk about then end it with: Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55. But this week there is ONE ridiculous thing I have heard this week and it’s our UofL Men’s Basketball team being shafted with a 4 seed. So in that spirit…blah blah blah…this is 55.
1) I am going to start off 55 this week with Men’s tournament atrocity. Louisville is a 2, Wichita is in the toughest region and #25 SMU doesn’t even get in? Who is running this thing?
3) Oh….well, that..um, makes a little more sense then…Carry on
4) I digress
5) They placed us in a region with Duke, Michigan, uk and the undefeated Wichita State Shockers……This has got to be the biggest group of idiots since
7) They knew what they were talking about last year though…..smu
8) Yes I have decided to insert smu for smh in opposition of them being omitted from the NCAA Tourney….sure glad FU didn’t get left out.
9) Wordplay is FUn
10) Moving forward
This week…..on 55…..
I have decided instead of searching for different pics of the number 55, I would make this the official pic of 55 week in and week out. I would be up to viewer suggested pics also. If you see a pic that you would want included just private message it to me and it will be under consideration. This week has been an up and down week in the world of UofL Athletics, we will go into detail in a few. So this week we will talk ridiculous statements, wins, losses and Vince McMahon…maybe. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) First off I want to wish my mom the speediest of recoveries. I almost didn’t write 55 this week due to the fact I had been at the hospital a ton and my mind had been on overload. But in the end, my mom needs something to read tonight! lol. Get well soon mom….love you!
3) Oh well
4) Moving forward
5) This week I purchased the WWE Network, now I know what some of you will say…that’s stupid…I don’t call your Breaking Bad and Dexter and Walking Dead stupid so don’t rain on my parade. I pay $9.99 a month and can watch unlimited VOD and I get every $60 ppv included in my monthly fee. So get over it….I’m saving money. Vince DM me so I can give you the details for compensation for promoting your product.
7) Well…..that’s not nice. And to think, I supported the XFL
9) Yeah you’re right Kobe…that was a lie
10) This week the Boy’s High School 6th & 7th Regional Tourney draw was decided
12) Good Luck young men and do the city proud!
13) Shout out to CSZ’s Justin Renck whose Holy Cross team had a great season and made some noise this year. It’s a building block for the future and next season they will make Regionals
15) My brother from another mother Terrance Farley’s (@VilleBlessed43) PRP team is still in the hunt for a state crown and we found out last week his Center Lamontrey Harris won 6th region Player of the Year. I know T has worked very hard with him since he joined the PRP staff this year. Congrats and good luck…until you play my alma-mater that is. lol
17) This week started off as a decent week in Cardinal Athletics. It was almost a tale of 2 months. Here’s what happened at the end of February…
18) On Tuesday the Baseball team won 6-0 over Eastern Illinois
19) The Men’s team whipped Temple 88-66 on Thursday
20) On Friday: Women’s Tennis beat EKU 6-1
21) Men’s Baseball defeated Toledo 6-2
22) Men’s Tennis beat Northwestern 5-2
23) Lastly on Friday the Men’s Track and Field team were in 1st in the AAC Championships after day 1 while the Women were 2nd….
24) Great week…until the Calendar turned to March Saturday as a different kind of March madness ensued
25) UL Baseball loses 6-2 to #17 IU on Saturday
26) Even though there was a very valiant effort by Montrezl and the Basketball Cards, late mistakes and lack of focus lead to a 72-66 loss to #21 Memphis team
27) The Men’s track team finished 2nd and women finished 5th
28) Sunday Men’s Tennis fell 5-2 to #2 Oklahoma
29) Can we go back to February?
30) There were a few bright spots on Saturday though
31) @UofLBaseball did follow the loss to IU with a 8-2 win over Toledo and Women’s Lacrosse upset #18 Denver and the #3 Women’s basketball team slapped Cincy 75-51
32) I guess we can’t win everything…
33) Wait….we can’t win everything?
34) I would hate to cheer for a team who thought they should win everything
36) I had a very interesting text convo today:
37) Me: What’s up man….Yall gonna get much snow?
38) Anonymous: We may have been swept by a non tourney team but you all got swept by a bubble team.
39) Me: What? You must have got your convos mixed up, I asked about the weather
40) Anonymous: Memphis won’t even make the NCAA Tourney
41) Me: So that’s a no on the snow?
42) Needless to say reality escapes some people….FYI this is the same guy who texted me after I tweeted out great win by UL tonight after the Temple game and said “Must suck to celebrate beating a team that has less than 12 wins” yeah karma sucks bro
43) I still refuse to treat him the way he treats me because I have friends and family who are rational that do cheer for uk and any statement I made would bunch them into that group
44) Speaking of one of my friends
47) I have it on good authority Corey used that same razor later in the evening
48) The new Women’s Basketball AP Poll came out today and the Cards remained steady at #3 (full poll here)
49) The Women have a huge Basketball game tonight vs #1 UConn. Good luck to the Women’s Basketball team. The score is currently 43-31 at the half
50) The Men’s AP Poll come out today and the Cards drop to 11 (full poll here)
51) The Men’s coaches Poll come out today and the Cards fell to 9 (full poll here)
52) Don’t forget to tune into the hottest Louisville sports show on the radio @TalkinNOIZ serving it up live from the Wendy’s studios. Hosted by Lloyd Spence, TalkinNOIZ comes on from 12:06-1 on 1080 am on the radio or access it from your iHeart app. CSZ’s own Steve Rummage is on every Monday and Thursday and the rest of us sprinkle in from time to time.
53) Russ is attacking the record books at UofL read the full story here
54) If the AAC Tourney started today, Steve shows us what that would look like here
55) Next week I will have much, much more….Thanks for all your prayers and concerns regarding my mom.
You can find the previous 15 Episodes of 55 by typing 55 in the CardinalSportszone.com search bar and clicking search
P.S.-Old Chicago Pizza is awesome!
P.S.S.-Congrats to my guy Raashaan on killing it on his road to completing his goals
P.S.S.S.S.- Everytime I feel down about Memphis I just go back to this….
Works every time….
Shoni Schimmel talks about her final season here
*some info taken from press releases, most from CSZ and my brain
This week…..on 55…..
In honor of the huge win yesterday vs #7 Cincy I thought I would go Throwback on you guys and honor one of my favorite 55’s (I can’t think of one other) Joseph N’Sima. This week on 55 is a little different as we have a guest writer. @LarleesWorld won the very first #First15 contest. I really hope you guys like the concept and if you don’t its all @LarleesWorld’s fault. That makes me feel better. This week we talk about big wins across the board for UofL Athletics. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
The first 15 lines are brought to you buy @LarleesWorld….give him a follow on Twitter
1) What an honor to be the first honorary participant in the writing of the “first 15.” Thanks Jeremy!
*Editors note…I did NOT pay him to say that
P.S.- Where do I send the totally unrelated electronic funds transfer
2) Giving credit where credit is do, Jeff Walz and the Cards. Are they not a special team? A certain guard hits 2,000 points, and the recruiting success continues.
3) One of my favorite plays in a long time happened this week. Terry Rozier’s fake behind the back, wow. Brought back memories of LaBradford Smith…we have come so far!!
4) Some key football decommits, followed by a flurry of offers by Petrino and staff.
5) USA! USA! USA! The women’s and men’s hockey games are still bothering me.
6) Cardinal Baseball has started, with some great wins. If you haven’t been to a game, go soon. Nothing more fun, and affordable, than Cardinal Baseball.
7) We played Cincy on Saturday, I can’t put into words how badly I wanted to beat them..and we did!
8) If you shaved this week, stop reading now. #NoShaveTilDallas
9) I emailed Jeremy so I had proof I called the win against Cincy…Haters.
10) Montrezl Harrell decided Cincy wasn’t going to push him around again. He played like a man against the Bearcats…what a win.
11) Terry Rozier…enough said.
12) Russ Smith…you have to love the kid. This team in general showed some heart in Saturday’s game…bring on March. #RiseAndRepeat
15) Been a pleasure writing the first 15, maybe I can do it again someday.
Follow me at @LarleesWorld, shameless self plug… GO CARDS!!!!!!
Read the rest of this entry
This week…..on 55…..
In honor of MY beloved Steelers hiring former Steeler great Joey Porter…and because I couldn’t find any new 55 pics…I have dedicated the title pic to you Joey Porter. Congrats! On the job not being the header on 55, or both, whatever. This week on 55 we discuss long layoffs, an all seeing being in CardNation and much, much more. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) We shall start off this week with a little Football talk. Tae Thibodeaux signed with UofL on Wednesday. The 6’1 267 pound Defensive Tackle is a much needed addition to the 2014 recruiting class. Read more here
2) Also this past weekend the Cards had a ton of visitors. Headed by David Moala, Pio Vatuvei for officials and Emmitt Smith and compamy here for junior day. Read more about Pio and Moala here
3) It was announced that all of the Spring practices will be open to the public leading up to the annual Spring game on April 11. Here is the full schedule:
4) Henry Famurewa Tweeted this out on Saturday:
5) Straight Fire………..
6) On to Basketball
7) “This has been the longest wait ever between games! At least we get to play tomorrow.”
8) “No we don’t”
10) Snowmageddon, patent pending, probably not, pushed UofL’s game vs storied rival Temple over to Friday night AKA Valentines Day. No worries as the Cards dispatched their rivals 82-58. Montrezl Harrell had a career high 22 points and with his 6 dunks, pulled within one dunk of the single season dunk record set by Chane Behanan. Surely he would shatter that vs Rutgers….
12) Because he would only get one dunk Sunday night vs storied rival Rutgers during a 102-54 stomping of Rutgers at home in the YUM! Lead by Luke Hancock’s 25 points (6 threes), Rozier’s 4 threes which led to an overall season high 16 3 point baskets made, it gave very few opportunities for Trezl to be Trezl. Worry not as the very next dunk breaks the record.
13) Also evidentally ESPN likes to call every team we play a storied rival
This week…..on 55…..
Additions, Subtractions, Super Bowl & JC Penneys? Yeah I try to cover it all. From people going crazy on me to signing day to the omission of a certain someone, it’s here. A powerful and swift campaign swept twitter last Tuesday and you know what? It worked. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
That is a pic of my Doss Jersey in case you were wondering, if you weren’t then I challenge your existence
2) Louisville First, Cards FOREVER….never forget
3) Hopefully some of the recruits out there who are still deciding pay attention to this
4) Speaking of recruits
5) Trumaine Washington
6) That’s how you show love guys! Click here for more on Trumaine
7) LuKayus Mcneil (click here for more)
8) Charles Standberry (click here for more) No tweets from today
9) Quincy McKinney
10) So for all of you guys that doubted coach P, we just jumped up into the top 35-40 when some of ya’ll said we would be 70th
12) I tried to tell them Shaq
This week…..on 55…..
The tenth episode of 55. Oh how time flies. It seems like it was just yesterday that you were nothing more than just an idea in my head. I just can’t believe how fast you have grown. Before long we will celebrate your 21st. I can’t talk about this right now. Sorry. Moving on. I know what you are saying…Jeremy has finally lost it, or dude it’s just a story. You would be right either way. I am just glad that this week it was not as eventful as last week and that I will be able to take time out to make fun of Shawn once again….I feel like I neglected him. Poor lil guy. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
1) Mark Schlabach has once again released his “Way too early Top 25″ for college football this upcoming season. Check out where he ranks the Cards here
2) He also ranked Texas…..there goes his credibility with me
3) Sorry Charlie
4) Still a little salty………
5) Saturday Preston Brown & Hakeem Smith played in the East-West Shrine game. Both played well but evidently nobody cared enough to post tackling stats on any site anywhere….
7) Oh great SpongeBob is back…..anyways
8) The University of Louisville has purchased the Cardinal Club, an 18-hole championship golf course and 212-acre complex in Simpsonville, Ky. which serves as home to the U of L men’s and women’s golf teams. The facility will be rebranded as the University of Louisville Golf Club
9) It really was long overdue….great purchase by the University
10) Louisville midfielder Charlyn Corral was selected to the National Soccer Coaches Association of America Scholar All-America Team the NSCAA announced on Wednesday
11) Sources tell me…..Shawn wears Underroos……Finally a Shawn joke!!!!!!!
12) Sorry bud…I felt I had neglected you. Moving forward
This week…..on 55…..
Once again I figured on having a pretty uneventful week. Name a new coach, get our recruits lined up and on board with the new staff and carry on. Boy was I wrong. In this weeks 55 I have so much info I may not be able to put a lot of pictures in, or joke on Shawn during the monologue. (Sorry Pal) From Old friends to new ones and commitments given and taken away, this has been quite the week. So sit down and buckle up because this week’s episode is sure to take you on an emotional roller-coaster of a ride.
So once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This is….55
1) Poona Ford de-committed
2) Chris Nelson de-committed
3) BOTH are now considering Texas
4) Thanks Charlie…..glad you are not cut like that
6) Sorry Charlie……
7) George Rushing de-committed from the Cards also as well as Isaiah Ford….hopefully both can find their way back home to the ‘Ville
8) It has been rumored that current Purdue U (PU for short) RB Dalyn Dawkins may be trying to find his way back home. It was a shame that Charlie didn’t recruit the in-state kids more than he did. More on this later…
9) He stated in an interview after being hired at Texas that he was glad to be in a state that has talent to recruit….or something along those lines. Classy move Chuck
10) Almost as classy as what he says during the following interview…..
12) Yep you heard him right, he was job hunting before our bowl game….SMH Read the rest of this entry