At halftime of the basketball game against UCF, the football team was brought out and the new coaching staff was announced. The ovations were great, and it doesn’t hurt that the Cards had some recruits in the house to witness it as well.
Video was posted on CardinalSports.com by Steve Ludden and Howie Lindsey.
One of the most important things when a new coach is brought in is who he will bring with him. The coaching staff he hires is a huge part of what kind of success that will hopefully follow. Bobby Petrino seems to have put together a great staff here at the University of Louisville. While we were all pretty attached to the former staff, this one seems to be solid as well.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Widely regarded as one of the best defensive coordinators in the country, Todd Grantham was tabbed by University of Louisville head football coach Bobby Petrino to become the school’s defensive coordinator and safeties coach on Thursday.
Todd comes to Louisville after four seasons as Georgia’s defensive coordinator, including two seasons as the associate head coach. During his time with Georgia, the Bulldogs advanced to four-consecutive bowl games and compiled a 36-18-1 record with Grantham at the helm of the defense.
“To get a coach like Todd Grantham on our staff says a lot about our program,” Petrino said. “I’ve had the opportunity to compete against Todd’s defenses over the years and have been very impressed with his scheme and how hard his players compete. Todd will be a great addition to lead our defense.”
This week…..on 55…..
Once again I figured on having a pretty uneventful week. Name a new coach, get our recruits lined up and on board with the new staff and carry on. Boy was I wrong. In this weeks 55 I have so much info I may not be able to put a lot of pictures in, or joke on Shawn during the monologue. (Sorry Pal) From Old friends to new ones and commitments given and taken away, this has been quite the week. So sit down and buckle up because this week’s episode is sure to take you on an emotional roller-coaster of a ride.
So once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This is….55
1) Poona Ford de-committed
2) Chris Nelson de-committed
3) BOTH are now considering Texas
4) Thanks Charlie…..glad you are not cut like that
6) Sorry Charlie……
7) George Rushing de-committed from the Cards also as well as Isaiah Ford….hopefully both can find their way back home to the ‘Ville
8) It has been rumored that current Purdue U (PU for short) RB Dalyn Dawkins may be trying to find his way back home. It was a shame that Charlie didn’t recruit the in-state kids more than he did. More on this later…
9) He stated in an interview after being hired at Texas that he was glad to be in a state that has talent to recruit….or something along those lines. Classy move Chuck
10) Almost as classy as what he says during the following interview…..
12) Yep you heard him right, he was job hunting before our bowl game….SMH Read the rest of this entry
According to multiple sources Louisville hired Georgia DC Todd Grantham to the same position here…………………..Yes you read that right. So now that we know who the DC will be, just who is Todd Grantham? Well here is your answer: