This week…..on 55…..
In honor of MY beloved Steelers hiring former Steeler great Joey Porter…and because I couldn’t find any new 55 pics…I have dedicated the title pic to you Joey Porter. Congrats! On the job not being the header on 55, or both, whatever. This week on 55 we discuss long layoffs, an all seeing being in CardNation and much, much more. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) We shall start off this week with a little Football talk. Tae Thibodeaux signed with UofL on Wednesday. The 6’1 267 pound Defensive Tackle is a much needed addition to the 2014 recruiting class. Read more here
2) Also this past weekend the Cards had a ton of visitors. Headed by David Moala, Pio Vatuvei for officials and Emmitt Smith and compamy here for junior day. Read more about Pio and Moala here
3) It was announced that all of the Spring practices will be open to the public leading up to the annual Spring game on April 11. Here is the full schedule:
4) Henry Famurewa Tweeted this out on Saturday:
5) Straight Fire………..
6) On to Basketball
7) “This has been the longest wait ever between games! At least we get to play tomorrow.”
8) “No we don’t”
10) Snowmageddon, patent pending, probably not, pushed UofL’s game vs storied rival Temple over to Friday night AKA Valentines Day. No worries as the Cards dispatched their rivals 82-58. Montrezl Harrell had a career high 22 points and with his 6 dunks, pulled within one dunk of the single season dunk record set by Chane Behanan. Surely he would shatter that vs Rutgers….
12) Because he would only get one dunk Sunday night vs storied rival Rutgers during a 102-54 stomping of Rutgers at home in the YUM! Lead by Luke Hancock’s 25 points (6 threes), Rozier’s 4 threes which led to an overall season high 16 3 point baskets made, it gave very few opportunities for Trezl to be Trezl. Worry not as the very next dunk breaks the record.
13) Also evidentally ESPN likes to call every team we play a storied rival
This week…..on 55…..
We talk 2014 Football signing class, emoticons and emoji, The valiant effort of the Women’s Basketball team (Not Lady Cards, been trying to spread the word coach) to a surprise for the loyal readers of 55, and so much more. Here’s a little backstory on this week’s 55 pic. The above picture is a speed limit sign from the frigid snow engulfed areas of Northern Wisconsin. Their motto is drive under 55 and you may stay alive. I wish I was kidding, I am not at all. We are doing our next #CardFam Lunch this Sunday at noon at BW3′s on Dixie, all are welcome, just DM me and let me know for head count purposes. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
1) I am starting a promotion for my loyal and wonderful supporters of the #55movement (Just made that up). Starting next Monday I will let you guys write a portion of 55. Just tweet me #First15 and I will let you write the first 15 lines of 55. It’s that simple. Shoutout to @TurtleBITW for getting my brain turning and coming up with this idea. Everyone will get to do it. I will randomize the order. That easy.
3) I did NOT get the idea from this book
4) Speaking of
5) I posed a question on Twitter last night about whether or not dudes should send other dudes smiley faces or tongue sticking out faces or emojis or emoticons in general. I said RT for Yes and Fav for No. I had a few speak on it instead of following Twitter survey etiquette but here is the question and results.
7) No RT and all favorites…
9) Haha indeed
10) I had a friend tell me I needed emoji for dummies….But “he” uses them and knew the name of the book….
12) Moving forward
13) Today Greg Brown, an NFL coaching veteran and former collegiate defensive coordinator, has joined the University of Louisville football’s coaching staff as the safeties coach and recruiting coordinator. Brown spent 15 years in the NFL before going to Alabama in 2013 as secondary coach under Nick Saban.
14) Kelsi Jones was named the inaugural AAC Player of the Week as UofL Softball started the season with a tough 3-2 record on the weekend. It doesn’t get any easier this weekend heading to Jacksonville with games against #17 Mizzou, #36 Notre Dame & #39 North Carolina. Good Luck girls!
15) On Sunday the Women’s Tennis team annihilated Conference foe Cincy 7-0 at home. The Cards are on a 3 match winning streak and will head to Wisconsin Friday.
This week…..on 55…..
Additions, Subtractions, Super Bowl & JC Penneys? Yeah I try to cover it all. From people going crazy on me to signing day to the omission of a certain someone, it’s here. A powerful and swift campaign swept twitter last Tuesday and you know what? It worked. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
That is a pic of my Doss Jersey in case you were wondering, if you weren’t then I challenge your existence
2) Louisville First, Cards FOREVER….never forget
3) Hopefully some of the recruits out there who are still deciding pay attention to this
4) Speaking of recruits
5) Trumaine Washington
6) That’s how you show love guys! Click here for more on Trumaine
7) LuKayus Mcneil (click here for more)
Just committed to the university of Louisville. 🏈—
(@lukayus) February 02, 2014
8) Charles Standberry (click here for more) No tweets from today
9) Quincy McKinney
10) So for all of you guys that doubted coach P, we just jumped up into the top 35-40 when some of ya’ll said we would be 70th
12) I tried to tell them Shaq
Cardinal Catch-Up 1/17/14
My e-mail on my phone hadn’t been working right for a few days so today I went to find out why. I got to T-Mobile and just as I walked in to show them what was going on it started working right again. I know, typical. I looked in and seen there was some info in there that I wanted to share with you guys. Don’t worry, none was spam. So after talking it over with my teammates, Cardinal Catch-Up was born. I will also include this weeks CSZ Tweet of The Week (#CSZTOTW) winner. Enjoy.
55. Not just a random number to me. It’s a number that has followed me around my life. It was always my number in any sports I played. Whenever I create players on games they are always 55. It’s the number that comes after 54. One day I hope to live to see the age of 55. All valid points. Today I monitored twitter a little more than often and noticed that its getting as bad as Facebook there. So many things going down in one day. So many gripes, so many issues. So I decided to put down a list of 55 things I observed today. Here we go in no particular order.
One thing that I try to do with the members of CardNation is stay interactive. I follow everyone back on Twitter, answer every question and talk to everyone no matter what time of the day I get hit with a random DM on twitter. I feel like that’s important, and a part of what sets us apart from a majority of the other sites out there. Today I started reading your thoughts about it being game week and what I wanted to do this week was so simple, get your thoughts. So I DM’d several people that I converse with the most and asked for their thoughts about the game this week and what their favorite things about gameday was. I hope you guys enjoy reading what everyone thought. I will be releasing these every day this week so DM me if you want to be a part of it. First up: @TurtleBITW, @Damon_L1C4, @Beast502Mode, & @NotWhatchaThink