If you want to listen to the LiveWith55 podcast do the following:
This week…..on 55…..We come to an end of an era. No more Luuuuuuuuuuuuke, Russ, Wichita or Van Beast. No more of this 4 year version of Boom. We will miss you and cherish this class like no other. We did get another NCAA title this week and the girls of boom are still rolling so there’s that. So here we go, here are the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) On Friday night, which seems like a week ago, UL Men’s basketball team lost to a team none of us like….
2) This happened though….
4) Yeah I know scoreboard…
6) All jokes aside….Thank you to the following guys
7) Russ Smith
9) Tim Henderson
11) Seriously, from the bottom of our hearts…Thank you!
12) I also expect this guy to leave:
13) If he leaves I wanna thank you too Montrezl “MegaTrezl” Harrell for bringing massive monster dunks back to the school synonymous for dunking
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Single game tickets for four of the six remaining University of Louisville men’s basketball home games in the KFC Yum! Center are now available at a special price. Two games — the Cardinals’ next game on Thursday against Cincinnati and home finale against Connecticut on March 8 — are sold out.
Thursday’s game against Cincinnati has been labeled as “Throwback Thursday,” with fans encouraged to wear their vintage gear to the game. UofL is celebrating its 100th season of collegiate basketball competition this year.
Tickets for two of the Cardinals’ next three home games — Feb. 1 vs. UCF and Feb. 16 vs. Rutgers — are now on sale for $18 each for the limited number that remains available. Tickets for home games on Feb. 18 vs. USF and Feb. 27 vs. Temple are available for $15 each.
Tickets, which are located in the upper corners and end court areas of the KFC Yum! Center, are on sale at the UofL Ticket Office, located near Gate 2 of Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium at 2800 South Floyd Street. The ticket office is open weekdays from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Cardinal fans may also purchase tickets by visiting Ticketmaster online, calling 1-800-745-3000 or by visiting any Ticketmaster Ticket Center, including statewide Kroger locations. Convenience fees are applied with Ticketmaster orders.
This week…..on 55…..
The tenth episode of 55. Oh how time flies. It seems like it was just yesterday that you were nothing more than just an idea in my head. I just can’t believe how fast you have grown. Before long we will celebrate your 21st. I can’t talk about this right now. Sorry. Moving on. I know what you are saying…Jeremy has finally lost it, or dude it’s just a story. You would be right either way. I am just glad that this week it was not as eventful as last week and that I will be able to take time out to make fun of Shawn once again….I feel like I neglected him. Poor lil guy. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
1) Mark Schlabach has once again released his “Way too early Top 25” for college football this upcoming season. Check out where he ranks the Cards here
2) He also ranked Texas…..there goes his credibility with me
3) Sorry Charlie
4) Still a little salty………
5) Saturday Preston Brown & Hakeem Smith played in the East-West Shrine game. Both played well but evidently nobody cared enough to post tackling stats on any site anywhere….
7) Oh great SpongeBob is back…..anyways
8) The University of Louisville has purchased the Cardinal Club, an 18-hole championship golf course and 212-acre complex in Simpsonville, Ky. which serves as home to the U of L men’s and women’s golf teams. The facility will be rebranded as the University of Louisville Golf Club
9) It really was long overdue….great purchase by the University
10) Louisville midfielder Charlyn Corral was selected to the National Soccer Coaches Association of America Scholar All-America Team the NSCAA announced on Wednesday
11) Sources tell me…..Shawn wears Underroos……Finally a Shawn joke!!!!!!!
12) Sorry bud…I felt I had neglected you. Moving forward
Cardinal Catch-Up 1/17/14
My e-mail on my phone hadn’t been working right for a few days so today I went to find out why. I got to T-Mobile and just as I walked in to show them what was going on it started working right again. I know, typical. I looked in and seen there was some info in there that I wanted to share with you guys. Don’t worry, none was spam. So after talking it over with my teammates, Cardinal Catch-Up was born. I will also include this weeks CSZ Tweet of The Week (#CSZTOTW) winner. Enjoy.
Here are both the AP & Coaches Poll for the week starting 11/18: The Cards stay at 3rd in the AP and ris eto 2nd in the Coaches Poll. Click on more for full Polls.
Here is what happened the weekend of Friday November 15th through Sunday November 17th around CardNation
Friday November 15th
Men’s Cross Country: Tyler Byrne and Ernest Kibet each ran to top-15 finishes to lead the University of Louisville men’s cross country team to a 10th-place showing at the NCAA Southeast Regional on Friday afternoon in Earlysville, Va. Byrne and Kibet each earned USTFCCCA All-Region honors for the first time in their respective careers after finishing in the top 30. Byrne finished 10th and clocked a school-record 29:16.1 in the 10K. It’s the second-consecutive meet that Byrne has broken a Louisville school record after he set the 8K mark en route to winning the American Athletic Conference title.
*University of Louisville cross country’s Tyler Byrne and Ernest Kibet received at-large bids to compete at the NCAA Cross Country Championships, the NCAA Division I Men’s and Women’s Track and Field Committee announced on Saturday.
Women’s Cross Country: Louisville was without two of its top runners in freshmen Adair Gennocro and Agnes Chepchumba, who missed their first races of the year with an injury. Each has registered a pair of top-10 finishes and the duo earned all-conference honors at the AAC Championships in early November. Michelle Molodynia, Kelsey Cramsey, and Megan Klein completed the Cardinals’ five scoring runners.
Here is what happened the weekend of Friday November 8th through Sunday November 10th around CardNation:
Friday November 8th
Women’s Volleyball: Senior outside hitter Emily Juhl had 17 kills to help the University of Louisville remain unbeaten at 12-0 in the American Athletic Conference as they held off a determined University of Houston in five sets, 25-17, 25-18, 13-25, 23-25, 15-6. Brooke Mattingly added 10 kills and Janelle Jenkins pitching in 11 kills. Maya McClendon and Katie George each had double-doubles for Louisville with 10 kills and 20 digs and 34 assists and 18 digs, respectively. Caitlin Welch led the Cards with 25 digs, including her 2,000th career dig, becoming the first player in school history to accomplish that feat.