Two weeks down, two spots gained in the polls for the Cards so far. Starting the season ranked 9th, Louisville has climbed up to 7th after losses by Georgia and then South Carolina (thanks to Georgia). So what are the chances that the Cards move up another spot with a win in Lexington? Pretty good if you ask me. Let’s take a look. (Using the USA Today poll since that counts in the BCS formula)
1) Alabama (1-0) @ 6) Texas A&M (2-0) 3:30 CBS
2) Oregon (2-0) vs Tennessee (2-0) 3:30 ABC
3) Ohio State (2-0) @ California (1-1) 7:00 FOX
4) Stanford (1-0) @ Army (1-1) 12:00 CBS Sports Network
5) Clemson (2-0) is off this week
6) Texas A&M (2-0) vs 1) Alabama (1-0) 3:30 CBS
7) Louisville (2-0) @ Kentucky (1-1) 12:00 ESPN
8) LSU (2-0) vs Kent State (1-1) 7:00 ESPNU
9) Florida State (1-0) vs Nevada (1-1) 3:30 ESPN
10) Georgia (1-1) is off this week
Ok the biggest game of the week (besides of course the Cards vs Cats!) is obviously #1 Alabama visiting #6 Texas A&M. I am not going to do a big in-depth preview of that game. I will just say that I think Alabama wins, and easily. So needless to say, they will “roll”. They have the loss from last season to think about, plus a bye week last week??? I honestly think they dominate Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M. If that happens, and the Cards win of course, there is that #6 spot for us to take.
Another game to keep your eye on is #3 Ohio State @ California. I am not saying it is a sure thing, but just keep your eye on that one. QB Braxton Miller is day-to-day right now with a sprained MCL. Urban Meyer expects him to play, but if he isn’t 100%, look out. You have the Buckeyes traveling across the country to face a team that is 1st in the nation in passing at 470 yards per game.
The Ohio State game is just a potential loss to me. But of course we all know that for sure, a top 6 team will be losing in the other big match-up. Just another chance to move up in the rankings. Let’s go take care of business in Lexington!