Three weeks down, three spots gained for the Louisville Cardinals. Starting the season ranked 9th in the country, the Cards now find themselves ranked 6th in the USA Today Coaches Poll, which is the poll that figures into the BCS formula. As I have been doing each week so far, I am going to show you the schedule for the teams in the top 10, just so you know what the chances are of a top team falling and the Cards moving up once again. Let’s take a look.
(1) Alabama (2-0) vs Colorado State (1-2) 7:00 ESPN2
(2) Oregon (3-0) is off this week
(3) Ohio State (3-0) vs Florida A&M (1-2) 12:00 BTN
(4) Clemson (2-0) @ NC State (2-0) Thursday 7:30 ESPN
(5) Stanford (2-0) vs (23) Arizona State (2-0) 7:00 FOX
(6) Louisville (3-0) vs FIU (0-3) 12:00 WHAS
(7) LSU (3-0) vs Auburn (3-0) 7:45 ESPN
(8) Florida State (2-0) vs Bethune-Cookman (3-0) 6:00 ESPN3
(9) Texas A&M (2-1) vs SMU (1-1) 7:00 ESPNU
(10) Georgia (1-1) vs North Texas (2-1) 12:21 ESPN3
The best chances we have for upsets here are (4) Clemson playing on the road at NC State on Thursday night and (5) Stanford facing a decent (23) Arizona State team. Auburn could possibly play (7) LSU tough, but we will see on that one.
If you take a look at the poll, you will notice that there is a pretty large gap between (5) Stanford and (6) Louisville. However, (7) LSU and (8) Florida State are right on our heels. If LSU looks impressive against Auburn on Saturday, it would not surprise me if the Tigers leap us and take the 6th spot.
|USA Today Poll|