This week on 55……….
We talk commitments……HUGE commitments. How the Cards are doing under Bobby P. Red-White scrimmage tickets go on sale. Hot dogs, Nelson, Intrastate rivals and more. Is there one more big commitment in the CARDS for UofL this week? I say L yeah! So strap in, here are the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is……55.
1) ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC………..I’m really not sure if I said it enough times but ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC. My bad, I know that was the same #1 as it was last week but so much more respect nationally just due to the conference switch. Much more fun league to be a part of as well. Got the following tweet right after the game….
— ESPN CollegeFootball (@ESPNCFB) September 2, 2014
3) Last year we would have “slipped by” or “escaped” This year we shut down a top ACC team. So proud of this team…..
4) Read my experience from my first ACC game here
5) Oh yeah….This also happened
7) That was amazing…..putting a little mustard on the hot dog I see…..
9) Not that kind of hot dog…..SMH
10) Moving forward
11) Former Card Harry Douglas had a gift for former Miami U player Devin Hester after Louisville’s 31-13 victory……..
13) That was very nice of you Harry….I would have just told him something very different
15) Probably not the first or last time you’ve seen that guy
16) This week was a very rare week in Cardinal Football. 2 games in a 5 day span. Awesome for those of us who love the game, probably tiring for those who play it.
— UL Flying Card (@ULFlyingCard) September 7, 2014
18) You read that right, a 66-21 drumming of Murray State in a game where 3rd and 4th string guys got in to play. It was the debut of Hometown QB Reggie Bonnafon who ran for 2 TD’s and threw for 1 once the starting QB Will Gardner came out. Also impressive was Freshman RB L.J. Scott who rushed for 126 yards and a TD and RB Brandon Radcliff with 97 yards and 2 TD’s of his own. Glad to see everyone get good playing time and take advantage of it. The performance was good enough to get Scott named ACC rookie of the week!
19) LJ Scotts’ first rush down the field was great, but not as impressive as this SportsCenter top 10 play by LJ though
22) #CardTime (BSIMM Voice)
23) The past week has had a slew of great pickups by the Cardinals as a whole. Coach Petrino picked up Lamar Jackson last weekend. I know I talked a little bit about him last week but seeing more and more of his game film has me more and more excited to see this kid on campus. Here are a few reasons why.
26) This kid will be special…..speaking of special……
28) Yes CardNation….that is him…..Antonio Blakeney. One of the most sought after recruits in recent memory. If you had been paying attention to CSZ and Justin and Steve’s recruiting notebook s you would have known that Blakeney has been in love with Louisville for a while. On Thursday Justin posted an update on Blakeneys’ recruitment after Monday nights visit. I had also been told earlier in the week that his commitment was impending. We weren’t sure when but it would happen but found out quickly after his update that it was sooner than later. Welcome to CardNation Antonio!
29) The addition of Blakeney to the class of Adel, Spalding and Mitchell gave the Cards a boost to #1 in the recruiting rankings. Check here for the breakdown of the numbers and highlights of each of the recruits.
30) I am genuinely excited to see these guys added in with the remaining guys on the roster do work on the court in 2015
32) You know what….yes…yes I am THIS excited…..
33) On the Womens Basketball front the Cards land 6’5 Center Erin DeGrate who is the nation’s #36 player in the class and 8th best Center in the country.
34) Was Erin the last big commitment of the week? I say NO……the #1 player in the country PG Asia Durr will choose in the morning where she will attend. The 55PI (55 prediction Index) is saying Louisville will be her selection at a 99% chance. Go Cards!
35) It’s so good….to be….a Louisville Cardinal…..
36) I digress
37) Lets run through this week in Cardinal Athletics
38) @UofLVolleyball beat Tennessee St and Cincy 3-0 on Friday but fall 3-1 to Appalachian State on Saturday. Katie George and Maya McClendon were named to the All Active Ankle Challenge team. The Cards will battle tomorrow night at 7 at the YUM vs the kentucky wildcats
39) Yep Still refuse too….
40) In Soccer on Friday night, the Men’s team battled to a 0-0 tie vs Cornell. They have yet to give up a goal at Lynn Stadium. The Cardinals (1-0-1) outshot Cornell 18 shots to six. Draws suck. The Men return to action tomorrow night in a trip to Saint Louis to face the #15 ranked Billikens.
41) Women’s soccer fell twice at home this week. uk beat them 2-0 and Miami (OH) beat them 2-1. The Ladies can get back in the right column on Friday at Morehead State.
42) # 15 Field Hockey had a great week as they defeated Dartmouth 2-0 and #14 Northwestern 1-0 in Evanston, Il. The Cards will face off with Virginia Friday away from Lynnsanity…..
43) Women’s Golf opened up their season winning the Cardinal Kickoff. Laura Restrepo shot a 1 under to win the individual title. Their next match is on 9-15
44) That about wraps up this week….get the Women’s soccer team on track and we will be steamrolling through ALL of our opposition
45) BTW Here is a pic of your 2014-15 University of Louisville Basketball team
— Jonathan Blue (@1CardsFan) September 8, 2014
46) Tickets for the Red-WHite scrimmage went on sale Friday morning. Get more details on the scrimmages here
47) This weeks Justin Time takes you through 6-0? and a challenge to the fans…..read it here
48) This weeks Stemmys from Steve Rummage are way better than last weeks, mostly because he doesn’t take a crack at me….lol. Read them here
49) Don’t forget tomorrow morning at 10:50 you can catch Coach Petrinos ACC presser at http://www.theacc.com/#!/page/2014-ACC-Football-Coaches-Teleconference
50) Speaking of the ACC Football, the ACC went 11-0 on Saturday…..Perfect
51) Louisville Football moved up in one poll and stayed unranked in the other…..see which one here
52) The Cards picked up a huge commitment from Paul Harris, a 6’4 WR who formerly attended Tennessee. He was a 4* recruit out of High School. (Full story)
53) In case you cared, the guys from CanesShades did apologize this week….you didn’t care? I didn’t think you would…not even a little.
55) And finally Lamar Thomas had a little fun at his former teams expense Tuesday morning:
I love this guy…..Go Cards!
You can find all previous episodes of 55 by typing 55 in the CardinalSportszone.com search bar and clicking search
P.S.- Check out this amazing time-lapse video of the new floor going in at the YUM!
P.S.S.-Remember when Bobby said he was gonna use the lights in the scoreboard?
P.S.S.S.-UL RB Commit James Allen went nuts this week!
*some info taken from press releases, most from CSZ and my brain
**none taken from other people’s thoughts, NONE