The Softball team will host Syracuse at Ulmer stadium on Saturday (DH) and Sunday. The times for Saturday (4/23) games are 12:00 and 2:00. Sunday (4/24) the game is at noon. Saturday is a Pink Out for breast cancer awareness. Admission is free and its the last home series of the season. Get out there and cheer on the ladies.
There will be one last home game but you need tickets for this one. It’s going to be a packed house as the Cards play their last home game of the season vs. #11 Kentucky Wildcats. The Battle of the Bluegrass is a Red Out. Click here to get your tickets… https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/uofl/EN/buy/quickbuy/397
— Louisville Softball (@UofLSoftball) April 20, 2016
- With the last victory over UNCC, Louisville moves to 30-9 marking the 13th straight season with 30 or more wins dating back to 2004. The Cards have posted at least 30 wins 15 times in the 17 year history of the program with a record 55 victories in 2012.
- Sophomore Sidney Melton is now 15-for-15 in stolen bases on the season
- Junior Maryssa Becker has reached via a hit or error in all but two of Louisville’s 39 games this season – she leads the team with 13 multi-hit games and 15 multi-RBI games.
- With 52 RBIs on the season Becker stands fifth on Louisville’s single season list. She needs one more to move into a tie for third (53), two more to tie for second (54) and three more to tie for first (55).
- Becker currently has 116 career RBIs and needs two more to move into Louisville’s all-time top 10 (118).
- Freshman Megan Hensley is now tied for fourth on Louisville’s single season list for home runs with 13. She needs three more to move into a tie for second (16).