Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh CardNation, Don’t you Dare be sour, CLAP your hands for the podcast champ and feeeeeeeeeeeeel the POWERRRRRRRRRRRR! Sorry. If you don’t watch wrestling then you probably didn’t get that. My bad. But as you can tell I am super pumped to bring back the award-winning (I printed it out) longest running episodic post on CardinalSportsZone.com…..55. It is kind of a throwback Thursday edition of 55. Without further adieu here are the most ridiculous, outlandish, interesting or just downright obnoxious things I have heard this week. THIS is 55…..
Quarter 1: What’s been up?
This week on 55………..
Todd Grantham gets PAIDDDDDDDDDDDD. Guys commit, de-commit then re-commit. The Football schedule is out and a plethora of pics from our resident photog Tim Haag. Marquee matchup tonight on big Monday and a wrap-up from Saturdays epic comeback vs UNC and much much more…
Without further adieu, here are the most ridiculous, outlandish, interesting or just downright obnoxious things I have heard this week. THIS is 55…..
Here we are for the final installment of Hungry and Driven….for now. First things first. (Don’t Iggy me) Most of you know I have a column I do during peak sports season called 55. That column will be making its debut right before the UL/Miami football game Monday night September 1st. No set time as of now but starting the next week it will be back to its usual time, 7:55. We will be more interactive, more fun and bring you more info than ever. Also plan on having a few guest writers of 55 during the season. Stay tuned. Also here is a sneak peek at the brand new logo for 55 designed by CSZ’s good friend Tim of @UofLBirdsNest. If you aren’t following him on Twitter, do so now. He is awesome.
This week…..on 55…..
In honor of the huge win yesterday vs #7 Cincy I thought I would go Throwback on you guys and honor one of my favorite 55’s (I can’t think of one other) Joseph N’Sima. This week on 55 is a little different as we have a guest writer. @LarleesWorld won the very first #First15 contest. I really hope you guys like the concept and if you don’t its all @LarleesWorld’s fault. That makes me feel better. This week we talk about big wins across the board for UofL Athletics. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
The first 15 lines are brought to you buy @LarleesWorld….give him a follow on Twitter
1) What an honor to be the first honorary participant in the writing of the “first 15.” Thanks Jeremy!
*Editors note…I did NOT pay him to say that
P.S.- Where do I send the totally unrelated electronic funds transfer
2) Giving credit where credit is do, Jeff Walz and the Cards. Are they not a special team? A certain guard hits 2,000 points, and the recruiting success continues.
3) One of my favorite plays in a long time happened this week. Terry Rozier’s fake behind the back, wow. Brought back memories of LaBradford Smith…we have come so far!!
4) Some key football decommits, followed by a flurry of offers by Petrino and staff.
5) USA! USA! USA! The women’s and men’s hockey games are still bothering me.
6) Cardinal Baseball has started, with some great wins. If you haven’t been to a game, go soon. Nothing more fun, and affordable, than Cardinal Baseball.
7) We played Cincy on Saturday, I can’t put into words how badly I wanted to beat them..and we did!
8) If you shaved this week, stop reading now. #NoShaveTilDallas
9) I emailed Jeremy so I had proof I called the win against Cincy…Haters.
10) Montrezl Harrell decided Cincy wasn’t going to push him around again. He played like a man against the Bearcats…what a win.
11) Terry Rozier…enough said.
12) Russ Smith…you have to love the kid. This team in general showed some heart in Saturday’s game…bring on March. #RiseAndRepeat
15) Been a pleasure writing the first 15, maybe I can do it again someday.
Follow me at @LarleesWorld, shameless self plug… GO CARDS!!!!!!
Read the rest of this entry
This week…..on 55…..
In honor of MY beloved Steelers hiring former Steeler great Joey Porter…and because I couldn’t find any new 55 pics…I have dedicated the title pic to you Joey Porter. Congrats! On the job not being the header on 55, or both, whatever. This week on 55 we discuss long layoffs, an all seeing being in CardNation and much, much more. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) We shall start off this week with a little Football talk. Tae Thibodeaux signed with UofL on Wednesday. The 6’1 267 pound Defensive Tackle is a much needed addition to the 2014 recruiting class. Read more here
2) Also this past weekend the Cards had a ton of visitors. Headed by David Moala, Pio Vatuvei for officials and Emmitt Smith and compamy here for junior day. Read more about Pio and Moala here
3) It was announced that all of the Spring practices will be open to the public leading up to the annual Spring game on April 11. Here is the full schedule:
4) Henry Famurewa Tweeted this out on Saturday:
5) Straight Fire………..
6) On to Basketball
7) “This has been the longest wait ever between games! At least we get to play tomorrow.”
8) “No we don’t”
10) Snowmageddon, patent pending, probably not, pushed UofL’s game vs storied rival Temple over to Friday night AKA Valentines Day. No worries as the Cards dispatched their rivals 82-58. Montrezl Harrell had a career high 22 points and with his 6 dunks, pulled within one dunk of the single season dunk record set by Chane Behanan. Surely he would shatter that vs Rutgers….
12) Because he would only get one dunk Sunday night vs storied rival Rutgers during a 102-54 stomping of Rutgers at home in the YUM! Lead by Luke Hancock’s 25 points (6 threes), Rozier’s 4 threes which led to an overall season high 16 3 point baskets made, it gave very few opportunities for Trezl to be Trezl. Worry not as the very next dunk breaks the record.
13) Also evidentally ESPN likes to call every team we play a storied rival
As seen in Mondays episode of 55 (click here), cheap pop, I announced a contest for the loyal, faithful and beautiful followers of the journey, nay the odyssey I call 55…That comes out every Monday at 7:55 on CardinalSportsZone.com or I tweet it out on Twitter at @Jeremy_CSZ. (Getting really good at cheap pops) DM me on Twitter, Private message me on Facebook or just comment on this story the hashtag #First15. You will be put in a drawing to be able to write the first 15 bulletpoints of 55 this week. Only need to enter once and since I will be doing these drawings the third Sunday of each month, everyone will have a chance to take part in the phenomenon called 55. Ok, sometimes I get carried away. Just thought this would be cool to give you guys something back for supporting the site and our work. If you have to ask me what is 55, CSZ or who I am you will probably get disqualified. Just kidding….not really.
This week…..on 55…..
55 is not a state of mind or a way to live life your life…yet. It is a place to state facts and shoot down gripes. I have logged a ton of hours in this week at the factory. (I don’t really work in a….nevermind) Once again I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. Hope you enjoy. Or not…it’s cool.
1) The football team had a bye week, we did not lose however did not win
2) we still dropped in the poll 2 spots
3) We dropped 2 spots after beating USF by 31
4) UCF barely defeated USF this past week and jumped 2 spots
5) I despise UCF
6) The Men’s Basketball team looked to get back on track by defeating previously undefeated Southern Miss 69-38
7) Yes we held a grown mans team to 38 points for an entire game
8) We had 34 at halftime
9) Thx Kev. The Volleyball Cards have been on a roll as well going 18-0 in conference. Despite this the Cards are not even receiving votes in the AVCA Poll.
10) Four of their seven losses were to the number 3,11,13 & 17th ranked teams in the country early on in the season.
This week…..on 55…..
Ok so it’s not an actual show, yet a place to state facts and shoot down gripes. I don’t get angry, I express. Once again I shall share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. Hope you enjoy. Or not…it’s cool.
1) Me and Raashaan do NOT have sunshine shooting out of our rear ends. Nothing shoots out of there. Kinda wish money would. Nevertheless just because I don’t complain 24/7 doesn’t mean I’m too positive.
2) The Football team moved up one spot in the BCS to 20 this week…great progress for a season of dropping every week when we win.
3) The Men’s Basketball team lost a game……the world is over.
4) or not
5) The Women’s Basketball team showed once again that they are the BOOM girls by withstanding a 19-4 start to come back and defeat FSU. Hats off ladies.
6) Men’s Soccer lost in the NCAA tournament. This signifies that Cardinal Park is now finished. Twas a great venue for soccer, we bid you adieu.
7) Matz rhymes with dots.
8) Turtle almost paid for not coming over last night by watching his Patriots sweat out a victory…..he deserved it.
9) I want pizza.
10) It was real cold outside Saturday but we finally got to see Charlie win a Senior day game.
11) It was not a great turnout.
12) He noticed.
13) Stay until the clock hits 0:00.
14) BeastMode screamed and booed the fans that left early….I swear.
15) We allowed a ton of run outs yesterday vs UNC.
16) Fouls are only called one way all of the time, sometimes.
16) We are getting better at free throws.
18) Yeah I know I put 16 twice, just being a little negative to the number 17.
19) Told you it’s not all sunshine.
20) People will make fun of your dead relatives just to deflect negative vibes from their team.
55. Not just a random number to me. It’s a number that has followed me around my life. It was always my number in any sports I played. Whenever I create players on games they are always 55. It’s the number that comes after 54. One day I hope to live to see the age of 55. All valid points. Today I monitored twitter a little more than often and noticed that its getting as bad as Facebook there. So many things going down in one day. So many gripes, so many issues. So I decided to put down a list of 55 things I observed today. Here we go in no particular order.