Reggie Bonnafon, Charles Standberry, Chucky Williams and Vince Tyra all spoke with the media today to discuss the cardinal’s bid to the TaxSlayer Bowl and their opponent Mississippi State. Take a listen below.
I can finally breathe. We pull out a win vs a team we should’ve destroyed and it is all due to overconfidence imo. The things we did wrong are very fixable. They’ve been working all summer so why do they need to be fixed? You might say. Playing against another team is different from playing against your own in practice. I sat down to write this story and I was like crap, i am not good at breakdowns, that’s Mitch &JK thing. Since my entire team went to Indianapolis for the game & are probably passed out somewhere I decide to give it a shot. I would not call it a recap though but I will call it a summary. Here are my takeaways (Honorary Tax Boy) from tonight’s game…
- Lamar picked up where he left off amassing 485 yards & 2TD
- Center struggled hearing count but all in all not a bad night from the O-Line
- You can work on the penalties we had, most were due to inexperience
- There was no rushing game except from Lamar BUT he made the right decisions/reads on when to hand off or keep
- Lamar’s accuracy looks improved
- Special teams were a few blocks away from blowing this game open, that too can be worked on
- 1-0 is 1-0
- The Tax Boys came to collect on that a** tonight, Should’ve called them the IRS instead
- Defense Wins Championships
- Hopefully J’aire is out a week max and is back for Clemson
- D-Line got little to no penetration (giggety) until Purdue fatigued, this needs to change
- Need to secure the ball better. The turnovers were preventable and this game could’ve, should’ve been out of hand
- STOP FAVORING US BY LARGE MARGINS VEGAS!!!
- Dez is gonna be a star. They keep doubling Jaylen & Dez gonna make them pay…
- For the love of God Louisville Twitter stop overreacting, that is what use to set us apart from uk fans. Use to…..
- WR made a few erroes but looked like they were seeing the ball well and making effortless catches. As a former TE I like to see that.
- We marched into a difficult city & Stadium for us to win in and turned Indianapolis into Windianapolis
That is all for my account of tonight’s game. Thanks for reading.
Go Cards, Beat The Tar Heels
P.S.-Don’t Forget to check CSZ tomorrow for Photo Galleries from the staff! Jeff Nunn was on the field for this one.
Click on more below for Stats
Secondary coach, Lorenzo Ward and defensive backs Chucky Williams and Jaire Alexander addressed the media today. The Tax Boys, as they call themselves, are ready to make the rest of the ACC pay!
What is Chucky Williams’ favorite TV show? What is his hometown known for? What was Chucky’s first jersey number? These are just some of the questions we get answers today in today’s fast facts. Here is Fast Facts with Chucky Williams.
The 2016 All ACC football teams were announced today. The teams were voted upon by the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association (ACSMA). Louisville had one player voted to the first team offense ans one to the first team defense. “ Florida State junior Dalvin Cook, the ACC’s rushing leader with 1,620 yards, leads the overall voting with 139 points. He is joined on the first team by Louisville sophomore quarterback Lamar Jackson, who leads the conference in total offense with 410.7 yards per game and set a conference record for touchdown responsibility with 51 (30 passing, 21 rushing).” Check out the lists and see how much you agree or disagree with their selections.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – University of Louisville head coach Bobby Petrino brought his full football team together for the first time on Saturday afternoon after the team participated in split practices for the first three days.
After practicing with the rookies in the morning and the veterans in the afternoon, the whole team came together on Saturday after the team met with the media and took pictures during their Annual Media Day.
It was a little fun break for the team, who has been grinding through the first couple days of a hot and humid camp.