Louisville’s win over rival Kentucky help them move up to 6th in the latest AP poll. Upcoming games include #12 Virginia, #16 Indiana and #24 Notre Dame. Not to mention conference games still on the schedule vs #5 Duke, #9 North Carolina and #20 Florida State. Read the rest of this entry
Here’s where the Cards are ranked in the AP poll just released reflecting the victory over Duke:
Click here for the full poll:
The FIRST AP College Football Poll of the season was released this morning. Where did the Cards and the rest of the ACC show up? Check it out below….
We know that these polls don’t mean a whole lot now that there is a playoff. But like it or not, they are still a measuring stick on where your team is viewed nationally. Louisville is still receiving votes in both polls. Take care of business on the field over these next couple of weeks, and the Cards will find themselves in the Top 25 again.
The new polls were released today and the Cards are now 16th in the AP Poll and 14th in the USA Today Coaches Poll. Louisville hosts Notre Dame and Virginia this week.
The latest AP and Coaches Polls were released on Monday afternoon, and the Cards did not suffer a big drop after the 1 point loss in Chapel Hill. They also beat Clemson during the week, and other big teams lost. Plus it was a 1 point loss on the road, in a game where the Tar Heels were favored anyway, so there shouldn’t have been a big drop.
Last week, Louisville was 5th in both polls. This week they are 6th in the AP and 7th in the USA Today Coaches Poll. This week they host two ACC games: Virginia Tech on Tuesday and Duke on Saturday.
The Louisville Cardinals stay at #5 in this week’s AP Poll. This week they host Clemson and then hit the road to face North Carolina on Saturday.
|AP Top 25|
This week’s AP and USA Today Coaches polls were released on Monday, and the Louisville Cardinals climbed up to #4 in both.
|AP Top 25|
|18||San Diego St||6-2||390|
The first AP Basketball poll of the season came out today and the Cards are sitting pretty at #8. With a great schedule this year the Cards will have plenty of opportunities to shine. The Cards play their first exhibition game of the season tomorrow vs Barry College at the KFC Yum! Center tomorrow at 12:30p. If you can’t watch the game live it will be broadcast on WAVE 3 TV.
|AP Top 25|
|16||San Diego St||31-5||560|
Louisville finds themselves 35th in the latest AP poll. They are not receiving votes in the USA Today Coaches Poll. Florida State (2) and Clemson (24) are the only ACC teams ranked in the AP poll. Another UofL opponent, Notre Dame, checks in at #5.
The ACC is represented in the “others receiving votes” category, so a few teams are just outside being ranked. Those teams are Duke (28), Georgia Tech (33), Louisville (35), and Virginia (41).
The Cards picked up a win on Friday night, and by the way things went on Saturday, that was a big accomplishment. There was so much chaos in the top 25 with top teams losing. If your team was able to survive and just pick up a win, you should be happy. Louisville now turns their attention to Clemson, who are ranked 26th in the AP Poll and 25th in the USA Today Coaches Poll. Louisville comes in at 29 on both polls.
The new polls came out on Sunday for the college football season. The Louisville Cardinals still are not ranked, but find themselves in a better spot than last week by moving up in the “others receiving votes” category. We knew a win at home over Wake Forest wouldn’t vault the Cards into the top 25, but they are still hanging around and can make some noise in the next couple weeks with games on the road.
In the AP Poll, Louisville is the 10th team outside of the rankings, so pretty much ranked 35th. In the USA Today Coaches Poll, they are essentially ranked 33rd.
The AP and USA Today Coaches Poll were released on Sunday. The Cards still aren’t ranked on either, and actually dropped off all together from the AP poll’s “others receiving votes” section. As we know, in the grand scheme of things, the only poll that really matters this season is the College Football Playoff poll that will be released in October. Other than that, rankings are just something for people to talk about. The most important thing for Louisville is to get better on the field, and the rankings will take care of themselves.
This week…..on 55…..
You know I normally start out the opening paragraph to 55 with a preview of what im going to talk about then end it with: Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55. But this week there is ONE ridiculous thing I have heard this week and it’s our UofL Men’s Basketball team being shafted with a 4 seed. So in that spirit…blah blah blah…this is 55.
1) I am going to start off 55 this week with Men’s tournament atrocity. Louisville is a 2, Wichita is in the toughest region and #25 SMU doesn’t even get in? Who is running this thing?
3) Oh….well, that..um, makes a little more sense then…Carry on
4) I digress
5) They placed us in a region with Duke, Michigan, uk and the undefeated Wichita State Shockers……This has got to be the biggest group of idiots since
7) They knew what they were talking about last year though…..smu
8) Yes I have decided to insert smu for smh in opposition of them being omitted from the NCAA Tourney….sure glad FU didn’t get left out.
9) Wordplay is FUn
10) Moving forward
The last basketball polls of the regular season are out. In the USA Today Coaches Poll, the Louisville Cardinals are ranked 3rd. The 3rd ranked team in the country is a 4 seed. Right in the middle of the four #1 seeds. Just saying. In the AP Poll, the Cards are 5th. Remember this next year when worrying about either poll during the season.
|USA Today Coaches Poll|
|2||Wichita State (6)||34-0||774|
|11||San Diego State||29-4||482|
- Others receiving votes: Memphis 61, Gonzaga 50, Baylor 41, Pittsburgh 26, Texas 15, Stephen F. Austin 13, Saint Joseph’s 10, Southern Methodist 8, Nebraska 6, Providence 3, Southern Miss 2, Harvard 2, George Washington 1, Tulsa 1, Iowa 1
- Dropped from rankings: Memphis 19, Southern Methodist 23
|AP Top 25|
|2||Wichita State (15)||34-0||1,571|
|13||San Diego State||29-4||890|
- Others receiving votes: Memphis 101, Gonzaga 83, Kentucky 77, Stephen F. Austin 46, Harvard 30, Saint Joseph’s 14, Texas 13, Oregon 8, Providence 6, Massachusetts 3, Tennessee 2, Western Michigan 1, North Carolina Central 1
- Dropped from rankings: Memphis 19, Southern Methodist 25
This week…..on 55…..
We talk about huge basketball wins, Women’s Basketball advancing to the AAC tourney final, Sr night and the end of 55? And much, much more. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) For all that have been asking, Mom got out of the hospital this weekend, your prayers were appreciated and mine were answered. Thank you guys so much…..
2) Saturday was Sr night for the winningest Senior class in UofL Men’s Basketball history….Thanks go out to each and every one of you guys.
3) Here is a personal thanks to each of you individually
5) Tim Henderson: Wichita…the kid got a nickname! Without a doubt the 2nd biggest inspiration during the tourney run last year behind Kevin Ware. This guy was always underappreciated by the fanbase and always worked so hard.
He got in and extended our title run with 2 shots that will go down in Louisville history. Tim, as one of your biggest skeptics the first 2.5 years I wanna say thank you for all you have done. Maybe this year we can use some more Wichita magic!
7) Stephan Van Treese: SVT, SVB, VAN BEAST, Big Hustle. The man of many nicknames for many UL fans. One of the few guys that I can remember who gave his all every single play. Another key factor to our success. You need a hustle play and he will take care of it for you.
A member of one of the most troubled recruiting classes we have had along side of Swop, Marra & Buckles…Siva was fine as we know…SVT decided to come back this year and make it count and boy did we ever need him. Big Hustle, to you I salute you sir!
9) Luke Hancock: Lukeeeeeeeeeee (11 e’s because he is #11, duh) Luke is without a shadow of a doubt the most impactful transfer I can remember with Clifford Rozier being my #1 prior. The guy who single handedly turned around the NCAA title game after we got Spike’d (I still don’t believe it).
and just like that, and a Trezl dunk, in a blink of an eye Louisville came back to beat Michigan for it’s 3rd NCAA title. Thank you to the M.O.P. of the NCAA Final Four Luke Hancock. After losing his dad and playing for our country this past summer, Luke looks like he’s in Luke Tourney form from last year. Thanks again Luke….you will be remembered forever….