Welcome to a special Memorial Day edition of Cardinal Catch-Up. We will go over just a few things this morning to catch you up on the state of the Cardinal Athletic World. Also showing the patriotic jerseys in the pick above give us another chance to take a shot at uk. Lol. JK, BNR. I digress.
We at CardinalSportsZone.com extend a huge thanks to all of the people, here and gone, that fought for our country.
The Cards had a rough ACC Tournament falling to both Clemson and Virginia behind abnormally bad efforts by aces Brendan McKay & Drew Harrington. Yesterday for Harrington, 6 straight hits to open up the 5th and the highest amount of runs allowed in a single inning by Louisville all season was just too much to overcome. The Cards will officially find out tonight at 8:30 that they are a national seed. Tomorrow at noon on ESPNU the entire field will be announced. To catch a full recap of yesterdays game, click here. So cheer up Baseball fans, the Cards return to the nest this weekend and will play at Jim Patterson the rest of the way until the goal. Next stop: Omaha. Stay tuned to @UofLBaseball, @CardSportsZone and @Jeremy_CSZ for updates over the next few days including opponents, times and days and ticket prices!
This week…..on 55…..
We talk 2014 Football signing class, emoticons and emoji, The valiant effort of the Women’s Basketball team (Not Lady Cards, been trying to spread the word coach) to a surprise for the loyal readers of 55, and so much more. Here’s a little backstory on this week’s 55 pic. The above picture is a speed limit sign from the frigid snow engulfed areas of Northern Wisconsin. Their motto is drive under 55 and you may stay alive. I wish I was kidding, I am not at all. We are doing our next #CardFam Lunch this Sunday at noon at BW3’s on Dixie, all are welcome, just DM me and let me know for head count purposes. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
1) I am starting a promotion for my loyal and wonderful supporters of the #55movement (Just made that up). Starting next Monday I will let you guys write a portion of 55. Just tweet me #First15 and I will let you write the first 15 lines of 55. It’s that simple. Shoutout to @TurtleBITW for getting my brain turning and coming up with this idea. Everyone will get to do it. I will randomize the order. That easy.
3) I did NOT get the idea from this book
4) Speaking of
5) I posed a question on Twitter last night about whether or not dudes should send other dudes smiley faces or tongue sticking out faces or emojis or emoticons in general. I said RT for Yes and Fav for No. I had a few speak on it instead of following Twitter survey etiquette but here is the question and results.
7) No RT and all favorites…
9) Haha indeed
10) I had a friend tell me I needed emoji for dummies….But “he” uses them and knew the name of the book….
12) Moving forward
13) Today Greg Brown, an NFL coaching veteran and former collegiate defensive coordinator, has joined the University of Louisville football’s coaching staff as the safeties coach and recruiting coordinator. Brown spent 15 years in the NFL before going to Alabama in 2013 as secondary coach under Nick Saban.
14) Kelsi Jones was named the inaugural AAC Player of the Week as UofL Softball started the season with a tough 3-2 record on the weekend. It doesn’t get any easier this weekend heading to Jacksonville with games against #17 Mizzou, #36 Notre Dame & #39 North Carolina. Good Luck girls!
15) On Sunday the Women’s Tennis team annihilated Conference foe Cincy 7-0 at home. The Cards are on a 3 match winning streak and will head to Wisconsin Friday.