Highlights from the ACC Digital Network:
Head Coach Rick Pitino
Quentin Snider scored 22 points, Deng Adel added 18, Jaylen Johnson 14 & D-Mitch had 13 to lead the Cardinals to a 73-70 victory over Kentucky tonight. Q, Deng & Jaylen all had 6 rebounds. Ray Spalding led the team with 7 rebounds and was the only other player who scored with 6. Q also led the team with 5 assists and 2 steals. The Cards will face Virginia next one week from tonight at 7pm on ESPN2. Here are the highlights! The press conferences will be out later!
Today was the ACC Basketball Teleconference and here are a few takes from it:
- Coach said ” I would like to use the final six games to get more playing time for Donovan Mitchell, Anas Mahmoud and Deng Adel for next season.
- Rick Pitino said that his players were handling themselves well and relying on their team’s chemistry to carry their spirits through a tough time.
- “The guys played really hard the last two games, but you can see it’s weighing on them a little bit, emotionally, that they aren’t going to play in the tournament,we’re just trying to keep our perspective, keep working hard.”
Just a few nuggets for you. Seems like coach already has a battle plan for next year. Does this mean Rick believes he will be back? I for one hope so. The Cards (19-6, 8-4 ACC) play Syracuse (18-8, 8-5 ACC) Wednesday night at 7PM on ESPN.
If you didn’t or couldn’t listen to the CardinalSportsZone podcast live today, it’s available here! We go over subtractions and possible additions to the Basketball roster, spring Football and maybe who will be next years Top Gun? We have a new podcast tab where all episodes will be kept. You can also favorite CardinalSportsZonein your browser. The CardinalSportsZone podcast is available on iTunes! Click on the badge below to subscribe today! Call in to the show on Monday’s and Friday’s at our regular time of noon at (914) 338-0180.
As always we hope you enjoy todays episode of the CardinalSportsZone Podcast:
If you want to listen to the CardinalSportsZone podcast do the following:
This week on 55…..
We talk basketball, both men’s and Women’s. We talk players of the week in multiple sports. Podcast CSZ??? We talk commits and de-commits. I will bring you a podcast I did last night with the fine folks at All Sports Discussion ACC. From Clothing to draft projections we have you all covered here.
Without further adieu, here are the most ridiculous, outlandish, interesting or just downright obnoxious things I have heard this week. THIS is 55…..
This week on 55……….
We talk commitments……HUGE commitments. How the Cards are doing under Bobby P. Red-White scrimmage tickets go on sale. Hot dogs, Nelson, Intrastate rivals and more. Is there one more big commitment in the CARDS for UofL this week? I say L yeah! So strap in, here are the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is……55.
1) ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC………..I’m really not sure if I said it enough times but ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC. My bad, I know that was the same #1 as it was last week but so much more respect nationally just due to the conference switch. Much more fun league to be a part of as well. Got the following tweet right after the game….
3) Last year we would have “slipped by” or “escaped” This year we shut down a top ACC team. So proud of this team…..
4) Read my experience from my first ACC game here