Another video from the new Mic’d up series. This time it is the O-Line Coach Chris Klenakis. Enjoy!
Here is the official announcement from UofL Football regarding the hiring of new coach Lonnie Galloway and the additional responsibilities of Nick Petrino & Coach Klenakis.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Lonnie Galloway, considered one of the nation’s top developer of wide receiver talent and one of the top recruiters, has been named co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach at the University of Louisville, head coach Bobby Petrino announced Monday.
Galloway joins the Cardinals from West Virginia, where he served as the associate head coach and wide receivers coach for three seasons.
6’4 300 lbs
Eastern Arizona Junior College
247 Sports: 3-star player. 9th best offensive tackle in the country.
Rivals: 3-star player.
Scout: 3-star player.
Offensive tackle Khalil Hunter is currently playing his football at Eastern Arizona Junior College in Thatcher, Arizona. The big man, listed at 6’4 and 300 lbs, recently updated CSZ on his recruitment status. “To be honest with you, Louisville and Georgia are my top two,” Hunter said. “I love talking to Coach K (offensive line coach Chris Klenakis).” The Cards offered a scholarship to Hunter back in early April.
One of the most important things when a new coach is brought in is who he will bring with him. The coaching staff he hires is a huge part of what kind of success that will hopefully follow. Bobby Petrino seems to have put together a great staff here at the University of Louisville. While we were all pretty attached to the former staff, this one seems to be solid as well.
We know that on Friday, Coach Petrino and his staff reached out to some of the commits for the 2014 class. With some guys decommitting, it is important that the staff try to hang on to as many guys as they can. Desean Blair said that he talked to Petrino, Kolby Smith, and Lamar Thomas and said that “They’re all cool to me!” When asked if his recruitment was open or if he was still with Louisville, he said “I’m still there (Louisville).”
But not everyone has heard from the staff just yet. Four-star safety Nilijah Ballew (Cincinnati, OH) has not gotten that call yet. Now of course I think the reason is that Petrino is just trying to figure out how to say his name first, but anyways…
This week…..on 55…..
Once again I figured on having a pretty uneventful week. Name a new coach, get our recruits lined up and on board with the new staff and carry on. Boy was I wrong. In this weeks 55 I have so much info I may not be able to put a lot of pictures in, or joke on Shawn during the monologue. (Sorry Pal) From Old friends to new ones and commitments given and taken away, this has been quite the week. So sit down and buckle up because this week’s episode is sure to take you on an emotional roller-coaster of a ride.
So once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This is….55
1) Poona Ford de-committed
2) Chris Nelson de-committed
3) BOTH are now considering Texas
4) Thanks Charlie…..glad you are not cut like that
6) Sorry Charlie……
7) George Rushing de-committed from the Cards also as well as Isaiah Ford….hopefully both can find their way back home to the ‘Ville
8) It has been rumored that current Purdue U (PU for short) RB Dalyn Dawkins may be trying to find his way back home. It was a shame that Charlie didn’t recruit the in-state kids more than he did. More on this later…
9) He stated in an interview after being hired at Texas that he was glad to be in a state that has talent to recruit….or something along those lines. Classy move Chuck
10) Almost as classy as what he says during the following interview…..
12) Yep you heard him right, he was job hunting before our bowl game….SMH Read the rest of this entry
Here are the Twitter handles for the Football staff at the University of Louisville:
* All links will take you to their pages
HC- Bobby Petrino:
OC- Garrick McGee:
WR- Lamar Thomas: @LamarCoachT
OL- Chris Klenakis:
DB- Terrell Buckley
DC- Todd Grantham: @CoachTGUGA
As we find more we will add them to this list!