Relive some of the best moments of ESPN’s College GameDay from Saturday’s visit to the University of Louisville.
Bobby Petrino, Lamar Jackson, Stacy Thomas, Jon Greenard, Jaylen Smith, Charles Standberry all met with the media after Saturday’s loss to Clemson. You can hear the frustration in their voices as they replay the game in their minds. Take a look at what they had to say below.
Lamar Jackson is a once in a lifetime player. There is nothing he can’t do. Here are just some of the highlights from him this past Saturday courtesy of Louisville Athletics and ESPN.
For the second year in a row, Lee Corso puts on the Cardinal bird head!
The celebrity guest picker for today’s ESPN College Gameday is the University of Louisville’s men’s basketball coach, Rick Pitino!
Junior wide receiver, Jaylen Smith, sat down with Marty Smith this week to talk about how the team has prepped for the big game against Clemson. He also talks about the tragedy he experienced his freshman year that lead him to wear the number 9. Check out the videos below.
ESPN’s College Gameday’s hosts, Rece Davis and Lee Corso sat down with the media on Friday before the big match up on Saturday. See what they had to say in the video below.
Dick Vitale has made it clear that he believes Lamar Jackson is the spark that the Cards need to beat Clemson tomorrow evening! You can see the full video below. It’s gonna be awesome babyyyyy!
Relive last year’s Gameday vs Florida State. It was one for the ages as Louisville curb stomped #2 Florida State by 43 points. It was the most electric crowd in PJCS history (until tomorrow). Watch Lamar ” spin in for another” and Jaire return a punt for a touchdown to put the nail in the Seminoles coffin.
2 more sleeps until game day. Until then, here is an awesome video by Mark Powell with 12UP to help you get through the end of the work week.
Few things can get Clemson fans riled up more than saying how Lamar Jackson deserved the Heisman last year. Not Deshaun Watson. Dabo Swinney on the other hand, thinks Lamar is unbelievable. We most certainly do not disagree. Listen to the full press conference below and hear all of the praises Coach Swinney gave to UofL.
Saturday is almost here. Are you ready for it? The fine folks at the University of Louisville have prepared a highlight video to get you ready for the Blackout!
93.9 The Ville, has announced they will be doing another 37 hour marathon leading up to the UofL vs Clemson game. Coverage starts at 7 AM Friday morning and will continue until kick off at 8 PM Saturday night. We will have a lineup for you when available.
Since Louisville joined the ACC, they have squared off with Clemson 3 times. Twice in Death Valley and once at PJCS. Clemson has come out on top in all 3 of these games by a combined total of 15 points. Each game has come down to the final possession – And so a rivalry is born. Read the rest of this entry
The clear bag policy at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium will go into effect starting at the Saturday’s game vs Clemson. Patrons will also be wanded so expect delays. Stadium gates open 2 hours prior to kickoff and fans are encouraged to get in early. I’ve been told that you want to be in your seat by 7:30. I assume that Gameday will be broadcast live on the video board. Kickoff is officially set for 8:12 pm.
For more details click below,
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – It’s week three of football season, and the national spotlight is shining on Louisville for the second-consecutive season.
ESPN College GameDay is returning to Louisville to showcase a top-15 matchup between reigning national champion and No. 3 Clemson and the No. 14 Cardinals on Saturday. The programs will square off in primetime on ABC at 8 p.m.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Saturday’s football game between a pair of top-15 teams Louisville and Clemson is being moved to primetime, the Atlantic Coast Conference announced on Sunday.
Louisville is ranked No. 14 in the latest Associated Press poll and faces a top-five opponent for the second-straight season at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. In 2016, the Cardinals defeated No. 2 Florida State 63-20.
Clemson, the 2016 national champion, is ranked No. 3 after a 14-6 win over Auburn on Saturday.
ESPN’s College GameDay is broadcasting from the oval in front Grawemeyer Hall, on the UofL campus. Additional details will be announced later in the week.
It’s bacccckkkkk. For the second year in a row, College Game Day will be making its way to Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium for week 3 of the college football season. The defending national champions, Clemson will be taking on Louisville and Lamar Jackson, the reigning Heisman Trophy winner in the 330 PM game. There’s still a strong chance it could get moved to prime time. Stay tuned to CSZ as more details are available. It’s gonna be another fun week around the Ville!
UPDATE-Kickoff at 812
ESPN’s College GameDay Built by the Home Depot is broadcasting from the University of Louisville for the second time in as many seasons on Saturday, showcasing a top-15 matchup between Louisville and defending national champion Clemson.
The Cardinals, currently ranked No. 17 in the latest Associated Press poll, welcome No. 3 Clemson for a 3:30 p.m. kick on Sept. 16 in Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.
Todays game was an odd one. You thought on one hand it should be easy but then on the other hand you know we don’t make anything easy. The Cards pull off the 47-35 victory in Chapel Hill over a terrible UNC team that put up 400 yards of offense. That would be one of the only negatives but here at quick hitt5r5 we tackle both the positive and negatives. Here we go:
(Stats provided by Chris Mull because I cannot Multi-task)
- This is the first edition of Quick Hitt5r5, kind of like a mini version of 55………..You.Are.Welcome.
- Lamar went Super Saiyan on their @$$, He threw for 393 yards through the air & put up 132 on the ground. Amazing!
- We asked for the O-Line to improve and boy did they. 1 infraction as opposed to the plethora last week. 6 penalties this week as opposed to 16 last week.
- We asked for a rushing game last week and we got it this week. 132 for Lamar, 149 for Malik & 22 for Reggie
- Lamar’s accuracy is the difference between 47 points and 60 this week. That is saying a bunch
- The Cards did not turn the ball over. That’s good football.
- Seth Dawkins played a live action version of Mortal Kombat today:
- Looking forward to seeing #10 back on the sidelines this week
- The WR’s came up big today! Jalen with 9 for 183 & a TD & Dez has 4 for 78 & 2 TD’s
- Defense wins championships. Our defense gave up 400 to UNC but when you have Action Jackson you may be able to get away with it
- The Defense played inconsistent. Had some key stops, gave up some key plays. It’s still earl though in the season.
- Get out and tailgate and hang out with CardNation before the kick next week. These big games are special and coming more often
- Gameday looks like it is heading to the Ville
- As good as special teams played last week they played equally as poor this week. Not too worried about this unless it becomes a trend.
- We had 2 drives end in FG’s that started near mid-field then had 2 drives that were 90+yards long.
- Last year we were a first half team & this year we are a 2nd half team. Imagine if we could do a little of both???
- D-Line got little to no penetration again. That has to be fixed now.
- Our Db’s look like lost little puppies out there
- Higgys girlfriend is not fictional as we all suspected. Plus, he does own shirts that fit. This has nothing to do with the game but I had to throw it in. Oh yeah, he also likes boneless wings and bleu cheese. Everyone follow suit & block & unfollow him.
- Thank Goodness somebody else had a lineman inexplicably fall down out their stance. Im looking at you Kiona.
- Repeat, I repeat: Dez is gonna be a star. Call him 6Patrick from this day forward
- Creque was automatic today
- Lamar set a bunch of records today and threw the longest passing TD of his career:
- Had a great time at Diorio’s with the CSZ crew, Sam, Marissa & even Boombox Mike showed up to secure the victory.
- *Penalty Flag Thrown* Boombox called into Mark Ennis’s show on 93.9 The Ville & told him he had fun with the Crunch Zone guys. I’m not even mad. Those dudes are good people.
That is all for my account of tonight’s game. Thanks for reading.
Go Cards, Beat Clemson
Click on more below for some stats from todays victory over UNC: