Well, I put off writing this as long as I could but here it is. Even after a full day to let what took place on Thursday fully sink in, I still am dumbfounded at what I watched happen. In my lifetime as a Louisville fan, I have never seen a performance like the one on Thursday, regardless of sport. Everything was right there for this team to take and make an undeniable case for their inclusion in the College Football Playoff, and the lack of preparation, execution, and adjustment is just unacceptable. Lamar Jackson has every right to personally put the Offensive Line through sprints and I sincerely hope he voiced his frustrations (in a leadership way, of course). 11 sacks allowed (a school record for most allowed) against the most elusive quarterback in college football (possibly in the history of college football) is impressive for all the wrong reasons.
Here is my game by game predictions for the 2016 football season. Las Vegas has set the regular season win total at 9.5 games. I believe it’s a wise bet to take the over. Usually when I say to take the over it’s my heart talking but after looking at each game I believe the Cards can very realistically win eleven games but my head says that there might be one game that we slip up that we shouldn’t so ten wins is a safer bet. It’s still over the Vegas total. I pride myself in not getting caught up in the hype and I always keep it real with you even though you might not always like me for it. So here is the ugly truth. Since Petrino returned to Louisville they are 0-4 vs Clemson and Florida State. They are 0-6 vs ranked teams (No, Notre Dame was not ranked and we were ranked 24th). I believe this is the year that all changes. As of now we have 3 chances to beat a ranked team. I think we win 2 of them. I truly believe Louisville wins 11 regular season games this year. That look that Petrino has in his eye, that grin he carries with him at every media appearance and that slightly elevated happy tone in his voice reminds me of Rick Pitino just before the start of the 2013 year and we all know how that turned out (No I don’t think Louisville will win a championship but it could be one of the best years ever). Just like Pitino, Petrino knows he has something special with this team.
Here are my predictions, Read the rest of this entry
I know you all are itching intensely for some Louisville Football. I intend to scratch that itch today. Well not me per say but I bring you something to scratch that itch. Does that make me a back scratcher? WHERE AM I GOING WITH THIS??? Sorry, Let’s get back on track. Today Athlon Sports released a list of Louisville’s toughest games and ranks them in such order. Who is the toughest on the schedule? What does Athlons think about UofL Football? Here is an excerpt from the story.
For the last five seasons, the ACC champion has either been the Clemson Tigers or the Florida State Seminoles. If there’s one team that could change that, it is the Louisville Cardinals. After beginning the 2015 season just 2-4, head coach Bobby Petrino‘s Cardinals won six out of their last seven games to finish 8-5. With 16 returning starters, Louisville is a dark horse pick to win the ACC championship this fall. The road through the ACC won’t be an easy one as the Cardinals will have to play both Florida State and Clemson since all three are in the Atlantic Division. Louisville also has a tough non-conference slate with road games to Houston and Marshall on tap.
Our good friends at Campus Insiders have done something pretty great. I am not saying others do not do this. I am just saying I haven’t seen this done before. They took on the task of ranking every single division 1 team. I am going to list for you the opponents on Louisville’s schedule so that you can see what we are up against this season. It is a schedule with 3 top 25 teams on it, 2 within the first 5 games. I am also going to show you Louisville’s rank as well the entire list will be at your fingertips at the end. Let’s start off with:
This week…..on 55…..
We talk Season Finale. Great season by Shoni as the Women’s Basketball run came to an end. Another era ended. We asked you what your Top 25 moments were of this season and you tweeted them to us. In a 2 week time frame that has felt like the worst time frame in our lives, was there a bright spot? Were there 2? Were there 3? (Shoni may agree) The Year Of The Cardinal may have some to an end but it’s not the end. It also wasn’t the only streak that ended this weekend. So here we go, here are the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is the season finale of……55.
Here we go……….
1) On Tuesday night, the amazing career of Shoni Schimmel and the unforgettable season of the University of Louisville Women’s basketball team came to an end when they lost to Maryland 76-73 at home in the KFC YUM! Center. Shoni scored 31 points and added 5 steals and 4 assists while playing the entire 40 minutes. After a slow start to the 2nd half, Shoni erupted with back to back 3’s in the final 30 seconds and had a chance to tie it with one of the best drawn up and executed plays I have seen in my life. It didn’t go in. Asia Taylor added 12 points, 6 assists and 8 rebounds. Antonita Slaughter scored 16. Thank you Seniors for the great ride and thank you Shoni as I am sure that your jersey will hang from the rafters one day, and this next picture that I’ve used several times this season will forever remind CardNation of what you are all about.
3) If only there was something Shoni could do within those next few days to lift her spirits and the spirits of CardNation…..
4) Oh Yeah
6) Shoni beat all of the ladies to win the women’s title, then beat men’s winner Brady Heslip to win the overall championship. Great day had by all…well except Oddysey
8) As @Slaughter_4 said……You mad?
10) Moving forward
11) On Thursday I asked you guys to send me your 2013-14 moment of the year so I could include them in this season finale. I got a lot of responses and I can’t include the duplicates but here are your top moments of the year.
Tonight marks a coming home party of a different kind. A long road home with several different twists. It looked like all was lost when he committed to Houston, then conference realignment struck and the basketball gods decided….it will be. Tonight people will cry out Chicken, Chicken, Chicken and not mean it as an answer to what they want for dinner. Tonight Danrad “Chicken” Knowles will step foot into the KFC Yum! Center and play a game versus the Louisville Cardinals that will be like no other he will ever play. We sat down with him last night to see what his thoughts were. We very rarely profile a visiting player but this is one we just couldn’t miss. So excited that #ChickenWillBeInTheBucketTonight. Hope you enjoy.