Todays game was an odd one. You thought on one hand it should be easy but then on the other hand you know we don’t make anything easy. The Cards pull off the 47-35 victory in Chapel Hill over a terrible UNC team that put up 400 yards of offense. That would be one of the only negatives but here at quick hitt5r5 we tackle both the positive and negatives. Here we go:
(Stats provided by Chris Mull because I cannot Multi-task)
- This is the first edition of Quick Hitt5r5, kind of like a mini version of 55………..You.Are.Welcome.
- Lamar went Super Saiyan on their @$$, He threw for 393 yards through the air & put up 132 on the ground. Amazing!
- We asked for the O-Line to improve and boy did they. 1 infraction as opposed to the plethora last week. 6 penalties this week as opposed to 16 last week.
- We asked for a rushing game last week and we got it this week. 132 for Lamar, 149 for Malik & 22 for Reggie
- Lamar’s accuracy is the difference between 47 points and 60 this week. That is saying a bunch
- The Cards did not turn the ball over. That’s good football.
- Seth Dawkins played a live action version of Mortal Kombat today:
- Looking forward to seeing #10 back on the sidelines this week
- The WR’s came up big today! Jalen with 9 for 183 & a TD & Dez has 4 for 78 & 2 TD’s
- Defense wins championships. Our defense gave up 400 to UNC but when you have Action Jackson you may be able to get away with it
- The Defense played inconsistent. Had some key stops, gave up some key plays. It’s still earl though in the season.
- Get out and tailgate and hang out with CardNation before the kick next week. These big games are special and coming more often
- Gameday looks like it is heading to the Ville
- As good as special teams played last week they played equally as poor this week. Not too worried about this unless it becomes a trend.
- We had 2 drives end in FG’s that started near mid-field then had 2 drives that were 90+yards long.
- Last year we were a first half team & this year we are a 2nd half team. Imagine if we could do a little of both???
- D-Line got little to no penetration again. That has to be fixed now.
- Our Db’s look like lost little puppies out there
- Higgys girlfriend is not fictional as we all suspected. Plus, he does own shirts that fit. This has nothing to do with the game but I had to throw it in. Oh yeah, he also likes boneless wings and bleu cheese. Everyone follow suit & block & unfollow him.
- Thank Goodness somebody else had a lineman inexplicably fall down out their stance. Im looking at you Kiona.
- Repeat, I repeat: Dez is gonna be a star. Call him 6Patrick from this day forward
- Creque was automatic today
- Lamar set a bunch of records today and threw the longest passing TD of his career:
- Had a great time at Diorio’s with the CSZ crew, Sam, Marissa & even Boombox Mike showed up to secure the victory.
- *Penalty Flag Thrown* Boombox called into Mark Ennis’s show on 93.9 The Ville & told him he had fun with the Crunch Zone guys. I’m not even mad. Those dudes are good people.
That is all for my account of tonight’s game. Thanks for reading.
Go Cards, Beat Clemson
Click on more below for some stats from todays victory over UNC:
Tonight the Cards traveled to the very hostile Joan & dominated Marshall 59-28. Despite it taking awhile to get in hand, the Cards took control and imposed their will. Lamar accounted for 7 more touchdowns tonight putting him at 25 total. The #3 Cards next face #5 Clemson Saturday night in Death Valley. Here are today’s highlights.
The fine folks at The ACC Digital Network are at it again. The accolades are piling up for Sophomore QB Lamar Jackson. If you watch TV or listen to the radio you may think this is a one man team. Lamar would not want it that way. Very humble, classy and easy going, Lamar has indeed been the spark the Cards need this year. But it brings up the question: Is this a one man team? The answer is a very resounding no. The Cards have a smothering Defense, great O-line (That felt good to say), great special teams and a balanced rushing stable and it seems like just about every wide receiver has a TD. That is balance. In this video The ACC DN gives you the video evidence to back up my claims. (facts) Enjoy!
In case you missed it….Lamar Jackson is good. The entire team is. Here is Lamar’s highlight reel from today’s historic win over #2 FSU. The highest attended game in PJCS history.
Here is the third of the Spring Football breakdowns by the fine folks at @UofLFootball. This one is for the Wide receiver position. Returning everyone in a corp that was young last year makes things exciting as this year we have some second year studs with great Senior leadership like a cherry on top of our WR Ice Cream Sundae. We will have a position by position breakdown here on the site leading up to the start of the regular season but for now let’s feast on this video! (Click on More)