LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The University of Louisville football team is becoming less and less a fan of the ‘two is better than one’ mantra.
For the second-consecutive week to begin the season, the Cardinals’ defense is facing a familiar challenge: preparing to see potentially two different quarterbacks in a game. Louisville opens its ACC schedule on Saturday at North Carolina, which trotted out Chazz Surratt and Brandon Harris as its signal callers in a season-opening loss to Cal.
The Tar Heels’ duo combined to go 25 for 44 in the air, with one touchdown, while rushing 21 times for 71 yards and one score.
Fortunately, Louisville understands the importance of film study for this type of situation and it worked to the Cardinals’ advantage last week. Louisville beat Purdue 35-28 to improve to 1-0, with the defense recording four sacks and three interceptions. Not to mention, the Cardinals’ unit tallied seven quarterback hits.
After practice today the media got a chance to talk to coach, L.D. Scott, and redshirt sophomores, Jonathan Greenard and G.G.Robinson. L.D talks about the return of Trevon Young and some of the younger guys. Jonathan talks about the leaders on defense and his redshirt year. G.G. talks about going against the much improved offensive line in practice. Read the rest of this entry
Video of Coach LD Scott & DC Todd Grantham speaking after practice today.
From the fine folks at University of Louisville Football. Enjoy!
This is a pretty cool little video with LD Scott, Kolby Smith, and James Burgess.
Today coach Bobby Petrino welcomed two guys home. Kolby Smith will return to coach Running backs and LD Scott will coach the OLB’s.
Kolby Smith started his coaching career in 2012 as a GA for Arkansas. In 2013 he went to WKU to coach RB for Bobby Petrino. Kolby spent 3 seasons in the NFL for 3 different teams. At Louisville, Kolby led the team his Sophomore year at 9.4 yard per carry.
L.D. Scott spent two years on the staff at Arkansas. In 2011 he was an intern who was coaching DT’s and in 2012 he moved to GA coaching D line. In 2013 he took the job at WKU as Defensive Ends coach.
Welcome home guys!
(Full press release below)
This week…..on 55…..
Once again I figured on having a pretty uneventful week. Name a new coach, get our recruits lined up and on board with the new staff and carry on. Boy was I wrong. In this weeks 55 I have so much info I may not be able to put a lot of pictures in, or joke on Shawn during the monologue. (Sorry Pal) From Old friends to new ones and commitments given and taken away, this has been quite the week. So sit down and buckle up because this week’s episode is sure to take you on an emotional roller-coaster of a ride.
So once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This is….55
1) Poona Ford de-committed
2) Chris Nelson de-committed
3) BOTH are now considering Texas
4) Thanks Charlie…..glad you are not cut like that
6) Sorry Charlie……
7) George Rushing de-committed from the Cards also as well as Isaiah Ford….hopefully both can find their way back home to the ‘Ville
8) It has been rumored that current Purdue U (PU for short) RB Dalyn Dawkins may be trying to find his way back home. It was a shame that Charlie didn’t recruit the in-state kids more than he did. More on this later…
9) He stated in an interview after being hired at Texas that he was glad to be in a state that has talent to recruit….or something along those lines. Classy move Chuck
10) Almost as classy as what he says during the following interview…..
12) Yep you heard him right, he was job hunting before our bowl game….SMH Read the rest of this entry