Here is the fourth of the Spring Football breakdowns by the fine folks at @UofLFootball. This one is for the Offensive Line position. A position that was young last year becomes a strength this year with 4 starters returning on the line. So you are telling me that Lamar was running behind a young, unexperienced line & this year they will be way better? I’m in. Let’s Go. We will have a position by position breakdown here on the site leading up to the start of the regular season but for now let’s feast on this video! (Click on More)
This week…..on 55…..
We talk 2014 Football signing class, emoticons and emoji, The valiant effort of the Women’s Basketball team (Not Lady Cards, been trying to spread the word coach) to a surprise for the loyal readers of 55, and so much more. Here’s a little backstory on this week’s 55 pic. The above picture is a speed limit sign from the frigid snow engulfed areas of Northern Wisconsin. Their motto is drive under 55 and you may stay alive. I wish I was kidding, I am not at all. We are doing our next #CardFam Lunch this Sunday at noon at BW3’s on Dixie, all are welcome, just DM me and let me know for head count purposes. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
1) I am starting a promotion for my loyal and wonderful supporters of the #55movement (Just made that up). Starting next Monday I will let you guys write a portion of 55. Just tweet me #First15 and I will let you write the first 15 lines of 55. It’s that simple. Shoutout to @TurtleBITW for getting my brain turning and coming up with this idea. Everyone will get to do it. I will randomize the order. That easy.
3) I did NOT get the idea from this book
4) Speaking of
5) I posed a question on Twitter last night about whether or not dudes should send other dudes smiley faces or tongue sticking out faces or emojis or emoticons in general. I said RT for Yes and Fav for No. I had a few speak on it instead of following Twitter survey etiquette but here is the question and results.
7) No RT and all favorites…
9) Haha indeed
10) I had a friend tell me I needed emoji for dummies….But “he” uses them and knew the name of the book….
12) Moving forward
13) Today Greg Brown, an NFL coaching veteran and former collegiate defensive coordinator, has joined the University of Louisville football’s coaching staff as the safeties coach and recruiting coordinator. Brown spent 15 years in the NFL before going to Alabama in 2013 as secondary coach under Nick Saban.
14) Kelsi Jones was named the inaugural AAC Player of the Week as UofL Softball started the season with a tough 3-2 record on the weekend. It doesn’t get any easier this weekend heading to Jacksonville with games against #17 Mizzou, #36 Notre Dame & #39 North Carolina. Good Luck girls!
15) On Sunday the Women’s Tennis team annihilated Conference foe Cincy 7-0 at home. The Cards are on a 3 match winning streak and will head to Wisconsin Friday.
A big part of this year’s signing class was bringing in 4 offensive linemen. Danny Burns, Kelby Johnson, Jimmie Terry, and Lukayus McNeil make up a pretty good class at this position. Johnson is a JUCO transfer so that means he will be expected to come in and compete right away for playing time. Of course the expectation from the staff is that EVERY player come in and compete right away, but we know that on the offensive line, that is a little bit more difficult.
Here is some more information about each of the new offensive line signees. This information is from UofL’s website, GoCards.com.
Lukayus McNeil- Offensive Tackle
6’7 270 lbs
McNeil was a Louisville commit until Charlie Strong left for Texas. He then opened up his recruitment, but the Cards never faded out of the picture, and they were able to get him back. He also held offers from Oklahoma, Michigan State, Nebraska, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin, N.C. St., Cincinnati, Kentucky, Indiana, Purdue, and many more. In the end, he chose the Cards over Oklahoma and Indiana.
Joe Namath because…well why not?
There has been a lot going on in Louisville sports lately, highlighted by football commitments every 5 minutes (seems like it). So I figured I would get you all caught up here on what has been going on. Consider this your one-stop shop for recent Louisville news. But come back and check out the site later if you want to of course. There will be a lot of links in this post so if you haven’t been able to keep up with news lately, it is all laid out for you.
*National Signing Day is this Wednesday February 5. We will keep you updated on what players become official members of the Louisville football team. Always an exciting day. The day of the fax machine!
*Some people started to get worried about this year’s football recruiting class. Some of us laughed at those people, and for good reason. Petrino and his staff have been getting commitments left and right lately, and here they are (as of now)…
This week…..on 55…..
Additions, Subtractions, Super Bowl & JC Penneys? Yeah I try to cover it all. From people going crazy on me to signing day to the omission of a certain someone, it’s here. A powerful and swift campaign swept twitter last Tuesday and you know what? It worked. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
That is a pic of my Doss Jersey in case you were wondering, if you weren’t then I challenge your existence
2) Louisville First, Cards FOREVER….never forget
3) Hopefully some of the recruits out there who are still deciding pay attention to this
4) Speaking of recruits
5) Trumaine Washington
6) That’s how you show love guys! Click here for more on Trumaine
7) LuKayus Mcneil (click here for more)
8) Charles Standberry (click here for more) No tweets from today
9) Quincy McKinney
10) So for all of you guys that doubted coach P, we just jumped up into the top 35-40 when some of ya’ll said we would be 70th
12) I tried to tell them Shaq
Bobby Petrino and his staff are finishing off this recruiting season in great fashion. According to Ryan Bartow and Mike Hughes of InsideTheVille.com, the latest commitment comes from 3-star JUCO offensive tackle Quincy McKinney, who is listed at 6’4 and 310 lbs. He currently attends Hutchinson Community College in Hutchinson, Kansas. He is originally from Columbus, Georgia. McKinney chose the Cards over N.C. State and East Carolina. He also had offers from Kansas State and Arizona State.
McKinney joins Danny Burns, Kelby Johnson, and Lukayus McNeil as offensive linemen commits. Since Friday night, the Cards have gotten commitments from Lukayus McNeil, Trumaine Washington, Charles Standberry, and now Quincy McKinney. Pretty nice weekend.
Bobby Petrino and his staff are hosting 12 visitors this weekend and they got their first commit from that group on Saturday when 6’7 270 pound offensive tackle Lukayus McNeil (Indianapolis, IN) committed to the Cards. McNeil was committed to Louisville until Charlie Strong took the Texas job, then he decommitted to keep his options open. The Cards stayed in the mix and it paid off. He is rated as a 3-star player and is a big pickup for Petrino.
McNeil also holds offers from Oklahoma, Michigan State, Nebraska, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin, N.C. St., Cincinnati, Kentucky, Indiana, Purdue, and many more. In the end, he chose the Cards over Oklahoma and Indiana.
Here is the list of visitors for the University of Louisville football program this weekend. There are 12 total targets, including 3 Junior College players.
Cornelius Sturghill– 3* cornerback from Memphis, TN. Current Wisconsin commit. 5’11 167 lbs
Sean Bowens– 3* linebacker from Port St. Lucie, FL. 6’2 221 lbs
Lukayus McNeil– 3* offensive tackle from Indianapolis, IN. 6’7 270 lbs
It may be Boom time in Basketball but in Football season it’s TrainHorn time. Today the Cards recruiting train kept rolling as the cards picked up a commitment from 6’7 272 pound OT Lukayus McNeil. The pick up is crucial for the Cards Offensive line. Lukayus picked the Cards over Indiana, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Michigan State among a host of others. Lukayus is another multi-sport phenom as he plays basketball and even won the Indiana State Championship in shot put his Senior year. The crystal Ball Forecasts were way off on this one having Mich St at 72%, IU at 20% and UL at 8%.