Per GoCards.com –
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – University of Louisville tight ends Micky Crum and Jordan Davis have been named to the John Mackey Award Watch List, the Friends of John Mackey announced on Tuesday morning.
The Louisville Twitter-verse exploded after the CFP Poll was released. We just want a rhyme or reason. We still don’t have it. The CFPP Chairman said Michigan having three top 10 wins was the reason they didn’t move after losing to 5-4 Iowa at the time. They have three top 10 wins because the committee put Penn State, Wisconsin & Colorado a lot higher than they deserve to be solely to validate this ranking. Michigan lost their starting QB, that should be a factor. It was not. There are other problems too. It’s not just Michigan. Penalizing us for close wins & vindicating other teams positions for the same reasons. Get out of here. That awful Duke loss looks better by the week too. Don’t get me started. Whew. These guys are warriors & deserve the committee’s respect. Joey Galloway gets paid to talk about college football also. Let that sink in. Nevertheless I wanted to put up a quick post showing you the teams reactions. Think the disrespect caught their eyes?
I think they noticed. Houston….YOU have a problem….
We all have been waiting for Bobby to come back to Louisville so that we can see the 50’s and 60’s on the scoreboard. Even here he said what he would do to the scoreboards the day he talked to the fans the week he got re-hired. At every other stop year 3 is when things come together so it is not crazy to expect the same thing here…again. Coach Petrino had a ton of issues last year with injuries as well. 3 starting QB’s & an OLine that was pretty much a patchwork job. An O-Line however by the time we get to Orlando against Alabama that could be very, very good. Andrea Adelson had an opinion this morning on this topic as well. She talked about the only times a Bobby offense had averaged fewer than 30 ppg.
The way too early Football Hype video. It’s short but I hope I threw enough clips together to give you some positivity to hold you over till the Spring game. Read the rest of this entry
This week…..on 55…..
We talk 2014 Football signing class, emoticons and emoji, The valiant effort of the Women’s Basketball team (Not Lady Cards, been trying to spread the word coach) to a surprise for the loyal readers of 55, and so much more. Here’s a little backstory on this week’s 55 pic. The above picture is a speed limit sign from the frigid snow engulfed areas of Northern Wisconsin. Their motto is drive under 55 and you may stay alive. I wish I was kidding, I am not at all. We are doing our next #CardFam Lunch this Sunday at noon at BW3’s on Dixie, all are welcome, just DM me and let me know for head count purposes. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
1) I am starting a promotion for my loyal and wonderful supporters of the #55movement (Just made that up). Starting next Monday I will let you guys write a portion of 55. Just tweet me #First15 and I will let you write the first 15 lines of 55. It’s that simple. Shoutout to @TurtleBITW for getting my brain turning and coming up with this idea. Everyone will get to do it. I will randomize the order. That easy.
3) I did NOT get the idea from this book
4) Speaking of
5) I posed a question on Twitter last night about whether or not dudes should send other dudes smiley faces or tongue sticking out faces or emojis or emoticons in general. I said RT for Yes and Fav for No. I had a few speak on it instead of following Twitter survey etiquette but here is the question and results.
7) No RT and all favorites…
9) Haha indeed
10) I had a friend tell me I needed emoji for dummies….But “he” uses them and knew the name of the book….
12) Moving forward
13) Today Greg Brown, an NFL coaching veteran and former collegiate defensive coordinator, has joined the University of Louisville football’s coaching staff as the safeties coach and recruiting coordinator. Brown spent 15 years in the NFL before going to Alabama in 2013 as secondary coach under Nick Saban.
14) Kelsi Jones was named the inaugural AAC Player of the Week as UofL Softball started the season with a tough 3-2 record on the weekend. It doesn’t get any easier this weekend heading to Jacksonville with games against #17 Mizzou, #36 Notre Dame & #39 North Carolina. Good Luck girls!
15) On Sunday the Women’s Tennis team annihilated Conference foe Cincy 7-0 at home. The Cards are on a 3 match winning streak and will head to Wisconsin Friday.
Louisville football hosted 8 recruits this weekend. Five are commits and three are targets. It is always a big deal when recruits take their official visits, but this one was especially big because it was the first time for Bobby Petrino and his staff to host here at Louisville. So the goal was to keep the commits solid, and try to get the targets to commit or at least take a harder look at the Cards. National Signing Day is Wednesday February 5th.
Here are some of the things that the recruits were tweeting while talking about their visit to Louisville.
Coach Bobby Petrino and the staff have hit the recruiting trail hard and have a crucial 3 weeks ahead of them. Over these next 3 weekends before signing day the Cards will try to get as many commits and targets on campus as possible and it starts with the group this weekend: