Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield could break a 50 year streak this December. If they both finish in the top 3, it will be the first time in 50 years that two candidates finished in the top 3, back to back years. There’s still a lot of football to be played to see how this will play out.
Here’s pricing for this weekend’s regional at Jim Patterson Stadium.
2017 NCAA REGIONAL – LOUISVILLE, KY. – TICKET INFORMATION
- On sale now by ordering online at GoCards.com
- Available in-person or by phone starting Tuesday 9 a.m. ET
- Reserved Chairback: $70
- College Student (with ID): $45
- On sale starting Thursday 9 a.m. ET
- Available online at GoCards.com or in-person (no phone orders) at Louisville Cardinals Ticket Office at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium
- Tickets will be available at Jim Patterson Stadium starting Friday at noon ET
- Reserved Chairback: $15
- Berm/General Admission: $10
- College Student (with ID): $5
And as a reminder, here’s the schedule:
2017 NCAA Baseball Louisville Regional Schedule
Friday, June 2 | (TV: ESPN3)
Game 1: No. 2 Oklahoma vs. No. 3 Xavier – 2 p.m.
Game 2: No. 1 Louisville vs. No. 4 Radford – 6 p.m.
Saturday, June 3 | (TV: ESPN3)
Game 3: Game 1 Loser vs. Game 2 Loser – Noon
Game 4: Game 1 Winner vs. Game 2 Winner – 7 p.m.
Sunday, June 4 | (TV: ESPN3)
Game 5: Game 3 Winner vs. Game 4 Loser – 1 p.m.
Game 6: Game 5 Winner vs. Game 4 Winner – 7 p.m.
Monday, June 5 | (TV: ESPN3) – If necessary
Game 7: Game 6 Loser vs. Game 6 Winner – 7 p.m.
Louisville was named the #7 National seed & just as we assumed were matched up with Lexington in the Supers. The Cardinals will play Fri-Sun schedule. Here is the full slate of games in the Louisville regional.
The fine people at Athlon’s have put out their list of top duos for College Basketball/Football Head Coaches.
1. Michigan State
Football: Mark Dantonio
Basketball: Tom Izzo
Here’s what makes up an elite coaching tandem: In four of the last five seasons, the football team has reached a major bowl (two Cotton Bowls, a Rose Bowl and Capital One Bowl) in the same season the basketball team reached the Sweet 16 or better. Since Jan. 2014 alone, Michigan State has accounted for:
• A Rose Bowl win and Big Ten football championship,
• An Elite Eight appearance and Big Ten tournament championship,
• A Cotton Bowl win,
• A Final Four and
• A College Football Semifinal appearance and Big Ten title.
ESPN released a list of their top Basketball/Football tandems in college sports. Being an all-around athletics program is something we take a lot of pride in at the University of Louisville. Basketball team are coming off of a National Championship a few years ago and the football team coming off of multiple bowl victories. I think we are ranked a few spots too low but am happy overall with the perception just a few days into the Petrino era. Louisville was ranked the 5th best program for the 2 sports. Check out the full list below!