Here is the podcast from Saturday’s edition of the Cardinal Sports Zone on 93.9 The Ville. Your host Steve Rummage was in the house alongside the Social Media Savant (I’m gonna make it a thing) Jeremy Wahman. Today we welcomed in resident College Basketball expert Perrin Johnson. After the Thursday night we had the soothing sounds of PJ were needed. Great but weird song choices by Perrin too. We talked Houston Heartbreak, Bowl destinations, Pitino & the squad, Kanye & much more. We were #Blessed to have the Magic Mike in the booth as well producing the heat. If you missed it earlier then you MUST check it out now! The Cardinal Sports Zone show is brought to you by JB’S Pub on Central alongside of Doug Budd at Red Edge Realty and.
(Click more for Podcast)
If you didn’t or couldn’t listen to the CardinalSportsZone podcast live, it’s available here! We talk NCAA Tournament with our friends Daryl Foust & Perrin Johnson! Great hour of radio. Stay tuned for the status of Friday’s show here on the site. We have a new podcast tab where all episodes will be kept. You can also favoritein your browser. Next week we are hopeful the CardinalSportsZone podcast will be available on iTunes! Call in to the show on Monday’s and Friday’s at our regular time of noon at (914) 338-0180.
If you want to listen to the CardinalSportsZone podcast do the following:
This week on 55…..
We talk about everything in the world of Cardinal Athletics. We talk K’s. Kuric, Kelsey and K.Ware. Where will the Cards play and when? We got you covered. We talk the latest episodes of the Cardinal Sports Zone podcasts which you can find at CardinalSportsZone.com/podcast (Cheap Pop). Tonights selection show at 7pm with Perrin and Daryl too. We ask again, what’s next in the ever-changing world of 55? More clues later.
Without further adieu, here are the most ridiculous, outlandish, interesting or just downright obnoxious things I have heard this week. THIS is 55…..
Good morning CSZNation (Yes, I’m still trying to make this a thing, deal with it) Hopefully you have had a great weekend and have enjoyed a few days off. I know I have. Our podcast schedule for this week has changed just a little bit. Normally we run Monday’s and Friday’s at noon. Not this week. Tomorrow night we are going to do a special selection show at http://tobtr.com/s/7434917 at 7pm EST. Why tomorrow night when today is selection Sunday? Good question. The answer is twofold. 1) We want to watch the selection show tonight and have time to break it down. 2) The Women’s selection show is happening tomorrow night and we would like to bring their selection to you live. So there you have it. Tune in tomorrow night and check out Steve, Justin and myself as we flawlessly predict the entire tourney. We will also have on special guests Daryl Foust and College Basketball expert Perrin Johnson. I myself cannot wait to see where Rick Pitino & Jeff Walz teams end up this season in the tourney brackets. Give us a call to let us know what you think will go down in the NCAA Tournament as well at (914) 338-0180. Should be a blast so tune in, call us and join in.
(Check out all previous versions of the CardinalSportsZone Podcast at www.CardinalSportsZone.com/Podcast)
This week…..on 55…..
As we come down to the last few episodes of 55, it’s only fitting that the end of the basketball season is near too. I just wish there was something to talk about. Oh yeah…we get uk again! So in the spirit of revenge on those we despise more than Digger Phelps (I may have went too far) here are the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) On Thursday night we opened up our defense of the National Championship with a tough game vs the Manhattan Jaspers, coached by former Louisville asst coach Steve Masiello. I like to believe we played the basketball version of a game called chess. Rick didn’t want to embarrass Mass so we played tit-for-tat (lol) and won the game when we needed to. Played smothering defense as well.
3) Well that had the opposite effect than I intended
4) Nevertheless, we move onto our next conquest which are the mighty Billikens of Saint Louis. Top 10 team at times this year, former conference foes…what could scare us about the Billikens?
6) Oh yeah..That was creepy….in more ways then one
7) I digress
55. Not just a random number to me. It’s a number that has followed me around my life. It was always my number in any sports I played. Whenever I create players on games they are always 55. It’s the number that comes after 54. One day I hope to live to see the age of 55. All valid points. Today I monitored twitter a little more than often and noticed that its getting as bad as Facebook there. So many things going down in one day. So many gripes, so many issues. So I decided to put down a list of 55 things I observed today. Here we go in no particular order.