Cardinal forever, Peyton Siva just finished up his season with Alba Berlin. If you need some basketball to help get you through this dead period, this is the perfect solution!
Today, it was announced that UofL lost their appeal against the NCAA. The program faces four years of probation going forward, and must vacate the records from the 2010-14 seasons, which could include 123 victories, two Big East Conference Championships, and an American Athletic Conference championship. The school will be ordered to return its financial shares from four NCAA Tournaments.
This is devastating news for the fan base, former players and the university as a whole. As this means UofL will not be listed as the 2013 National Champions in the record book moving forward or have been to the 2012 Final Four.
Nonetheless, April 8, 2013 will forever be remembered as the day the University of Louisville won their third National Championship.
While moral victories are difficult to accept, there are plenty of things the NCAA can never take away from us. We all remember watching Luke Hancock winning MOP after hitting three after three after three. Tim Henderson put the dagger through Wichita State’s heart. The sound of the crowd when Trezl put down one of the best dunks we have ever witnessed. Or the heart and leadership of Peyton Siva and the insane way Russ Smith would move through defenders. The brotherhood that shined after Kevin Ware suffered a broken leg in the Elite 8.
I know I stood there with tears down my cheeks as that final buzzer went off, hugging my friends and fellow students and soaked in that moment. The NCAA can never take that moment from me.
The 2013 team was and remains special. That is something NOBODY can take from us.
Two Cardinal greats will be representing their teams in the German All-Star game today! Peyton Siva and Trey Lewis will both be starters in the game and you can catch it at 2 pm EST on the link provided below! Congratulations to both players, they deserve all the success in the world!
It is still yet to be determined who will be wearing the number 3 😉
This week on 55…..
We talk about everything in the world of Cardinal Athletics. We talk K’s. Kuric, Kelsey and K.Ware. Where will the Cards play and when? We got you covered. We talk the latest episodes of the Cardinal Sports Zone podcasts which you can find at CardinalSportsZone.com/podcast (Cheap Pop). Tonights selection show at 7pm with Perrin and Daryl too. We ask again, what’s next in the ever-changing world of 55? More clues later.
Without further adieu, here are the most ridiculous, outlandish, interesting or just downright obnoxious things I have heard this week. THIS is 55…..
This week…..on 55…..
In honor of the huge win yesterday vs #7 Cincy I thought I would go Throwback on you guys and honor one of my favorite 55’s (I can’t think of one other) Joseph N’Sima. This week on 55 is a little different as we have a guest writer. @LarleesWorld won the very first #First15 contest. I really hope you guys like the concept and if you don’t its all @LarleesWorld’s fault. That makes me feel better. This week we talk about big wins across the board for UofL Athletics. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
The first 15 lines are brought to you buy @LarleesWorld….give him a follow on Twitter
1) What an honor to be the first honorary participant in the writing of the “first 15.” Thanks Jeremy!
*Editors note…I did NOT pay him to say that
P.S.- Where do I send the totally unrelated electronic funds transfer
2) Giving credit where credit is do, Jeff Walz and the Cards. Are they not a special team? A certain guard hits 2,000 points, and the recruiting success continues.
3) One of my favorite plays in a long time happened this week. Terry Rozier’s fake behind the back, wow. Brought back memories of LaBradford Smith…we have come so far!!
4) Some key football decommits, followed by a flurry of offers by Petrino and staff.
5) USA! USA! USA! The women’s and men’s hockey games are still bothering me.
6) Cardinal Baseball has started, with some great wins. If you haven’t been to a game, go soon. Nothing more fun, and affordable, than Cardinal Baseball.
7) We played Cincy on Saturday, I can’t put into words how badly I wanted to beat them..and we did!
8) If you shaved this week, stop reading now. #NoShaveTilDallas
9) I emailed Jeremy so I had proof I called the win against Cincy…Haters.
10) Montrezl Harrell decided Cincy wasn’t going to push him around again. He played like a man against the Bearcats…what a win.
11) Terry Rozier…enough said.
12) Russ Smith…you have to love the kid. This team in general showed some heart in Saturday’s game…bring on March. #RiseAndRepeat
15) Been a pleasure writing the first 15, maybe I can do it again someday.
Follow me at @LarleesWorld, shameless self plug… GO CARDS!!!!!!
Read the rest of this entry