You better get your stuff packed up on Friday night. ESPN’s Sportscenter will be broadcasting live from the RRTG at old Cardinal Stadium from 7-9 a.m. Get out & support our guys and get on TV!
Full details below
Todays game was an odd one. You thought on one hand it should be easy but then on the other hand you know we don’t make anything easy. The Cards pull off the 47-35 victory in Chapel Hill over a terrible UNC team that put up 400 yards of offense. That would be one of the only negatives but here at quick hitt5r5 we tackle both the positive and negatives. Here we go:
(Stats provided by Chris Mull because I cannot Multi-task)
- This is the first edition of Quick Hitt5r5, kind of like a mini version of 55………..You.Are.Welcome.
- Lamar went Super Saiyan on their @$$, He threw for 393 yards through the air & put up 132 on the ground. Amazing!
- We asked for the O-Line to improve and boy did they. 1 infraction as opposed to the plethora last week. 6 penalties this week as opposed to 16 last week.
- We asked for a rushing game last week and we got it this week. 132 for Lamar, 149 for Malik & 22 for Reggie
- Lamar’s accuracy is the difference between 47 points and 60 this week. That is saying a bunch
- The Cards did not turn the ball over. That’s good football.
- Seth Dawkins played a live action version of Mortal Kombat today:
- Looking forward to seeing #10 back on the sidelines this week
- The WR’s came up big today! Jalen with 9 for 183 & a TD & Dez has 4 for 78 & 2 TD’s
- Defense wins championships. Our defense gave up 400 to UNC but when you have Action Jackson you may be able to get away with it
- The Defense played inconsistent. Had some key stops, gave up some key plays. It’s still earl though in the season.
- Get out and tailgate and hang out with CardNation before the kick next week. These big games are special and coming more often
- Gameday looks like it is heading to the Ville
- As good as special teams played last week they played equally as poor this week. Not too worried about this unless it becomes a trend.
- We had 2 drives end in FG’s that started near mid-field then had 2 drives that were 90+yards long.
- Last year we were a first half team & this year we are a 2nd half team. Imagine if we could do a little of both???
- D-Line got little to no penetration again. That has to be fixed now.
- Our Db’s look like lost little puppies out there
- Higgys girlfriend is not fictional as we all suspected. Plus, he does own shirts that fit. This has nothing to do with the game but I had to throw it in. Oh yeah, he also likes boneless wings and bleu cheese. Everyone follow suit & block & unfollow him.
- Thank Goodness somebody else had a lineman inexplicably fall down out their stance. Im looking at you Kiona.
- Repeat, I repeat: Dez is gonna be a star. Call him 6Patrick from this day forward
- Creque was automatic today
- Lamar set a bunch of records today and threw the longest passing TD of his career:
- Had a great time at Diorio’s with the CSZ crew, Sam, Marissa & even Boombox Mike showed up to secure the victory.
- *Penalty Flag Thrown* Boombox called into Mark Ennis’s show on 93.9 The Ville & told him he had fun with the Crunch Zone guys. I’m not even mad. Those dudes are good people.
That is all for my account of tonight’s game. Thanks for reading.
Go Cards, Beat Clemson
Click on more below for some stats from todays victory over UNC:
Here is the itinerary for this Saturday highlighted by the Wendy’s Wonderful Spring Game at 1pm.
As you can see, the day can be full of Cardinal Athletics if you wish to partake. Start off your day with the Cardinal Sports Zone show, with your host Steve Rummage, on ESPN 93.9 FM The Ville at 10am. The Red Rage tailgate will kick off the day at 8am so stay tuned for more details. It is supposed to be sunny with a high of 77Â° on Saturday so it should be an awesome day.
Our guys over at @TheRed_Rage have started their own website as of late and have been doing a lot of cool things. From Boy Meets World discussion groups to daily thoughts to simulations, they have made a great site that has a variety show feel to it. That could be a great thing. Something new in a field of the same ole stories. I talked to the Red Rage about the simulations they had done with the UofL teams vs the past 15 National Champions (I think). We talked at length about how underrated the Orange bowl team was. Great Offense, stellar Defense. All the makings of a high-power team.
We had a blast this morning at Cardinal Towne on the CardinalSportsZone show on ESPN 93.9 The Ville! Your host Steve Rummage asked you to call or tweet us and tell us how you would be celebrating/supporting/watching these final 3 games. We talk outrage on WBB NCAA tourney tickets and brought renowned swimsuit model Dave (@TheRed_Rage) in to join Steve & Jeremy this week. Tons of calls and interaction on social media were receivedÂ and we couldn’t thank you enough for the support! Tune in to the Cardinal Sports Zone show every Saturday at 10 am on ESPN 93.9 FM The Ville! The Cardinal Sports Zone show is brought to you by Doug Budd and Red Edge Realty at HomesforsaleinLouisville.net!
The home portion of the season has come to an end, and that means we have given out our last CSZ/RRTG (Red Rage Tailgate) Tailgate of the Week trophy. It was a lot of fun giving out this award at every home game to recognize some pretty awesome tailgate set-ups. Does yours have what it takes to win it next year?
The “Cardinal Sports Zone/Red Rage Tailgate” Tailgate of the Week is picking up prestige each and every week. Maybe not, but it sounds good. No really, in all honesty, it is something that people are already messaging us and the Red Rage guys about because they want to win it and have their tailgate recognized. Pretty cool.
A tradition unlike any other: the CSZ/RRTG Tailgate of the Week. It is becoming an award that people are hoping to win, and it has only been given out three times! On Saturday afternoon, I walked around the Old Cardinal Stadium parking lot with James and Josh of the Red Rage. We even visited the frats, but then quickly realized the trophy would probably be broken before it ever made it back to their frat house.
It’s about time to begin a new post leading up to each home game, or just whenever I deem necessary. It will be called “News from the Red Rage” and will give a little insight into the upcoming tailgate. If you tailgate at Old Cardinal Stadium or you are looking for somewhere to go, this is the place for you. Good food, good music, a good time, and most importantly, awesome people. If you have to pay to get in, it is $8 and you park wherever you want. Can’t beat that.
I have never had Gordo’s cheese dip (I don’t think), but I HAVE tailgated with the Red Rage Tailgate. And judging by the numbers of people that show up at their spot, you probably have too. If not, you have another chance to this Saturday. Why wouldn’t you? I will be there!
Anyways, it is time for Louisville fans to rally around the Red Rage and vote for them in the Gordo’s Cheese Dip Ultimate Tailgater contest. It is literally just a couple of clicks and you are done. One vote per video, per day. But there is really only one video to vote for, and that is our own David Magee.
A new tradition has started this season. The Red Rage Tailgate and Cardinal Sports Zone are awarding a trophy at each home game to what we see as the Tailgate of the Week. When this idea started, it was assumed that it would go to a UofL tailgate every single time, no questions asked.
Well I knew it was going to be a packed show, and it was just that! Marques Maybin joined us in studio, which was a treat in itself. We talked about stadium expansion and got into an impromptu debate over which game is more important for the Cards…Auburn or Clemson? Also, the guys from Red Rage Tailgate joined us in studio. Needless to say, the studio and the show were packed, and it was a lot of fun!
Remember, next week the Cardinal Sports Zone will be broadcasting from 10-12 FROM ATLANTA on 93.9 The Ville! Click the soundcloud link below for today’s show.
The good people with the Red Rage Tailgate, who you should definitely try to find this year and tailgate with at least once, have gotten one over on some Clemson fans. When the new uniforms were released for UofL, and the crazy cardinal bird that just came out of pet cemetery was on there, the Red Rage had a little fun with photoshop.