We all have social media. It’s one of things for me a blogger that helps get info. Some people think it’s creepy, some think it’s awesome and then some think it’s both. Nothing warms my heart more than a Teddy Bridgewater story. Then couple it with the fact I see him in the videos on my favorite receiver Antonio Brown timeline and it’s a jackpot. If you follow Antonio Brown on Twitter (@antoniobrown84) or snapchat then you know he plays hard and works even harder. I hope for Teddy to get even an ounce of AB’s work ethic and Teddy will be next level quickly. Trust me, I know Teddy works hard but AB is the best in the world in my opinion when it comes to off-season conditioning. Maybe that’s debatable. Then again, maybe it’s a product of the creepy, amazing exposure of social media.
I got home and checked my e-mail. I do this every day after I get home from work and or the gym. I subscribe to the ACC Digital Network on YouTube. I get a lot of messages from them throughout any given day but when it is UofL stuff I post it. I seen the title: Lamar Jackson Is A Beast. It would have been easy to title this story that. It took me exactly 12 seconds into the video to figure out that was an understatement. He was ranked 401st in his class. I had no idea but I felt like that would be enough to grab your attention. I hope you enjoy the video as much as I did. I am hungry for Louisville Football and this satisfied my hunger….for the moment.
USA TODAY posted a list of their predictions for the top 10 breakout players for the 2016 season. 2 of them were former Cards. 1 of them was on his way to super-stardom last year. The other had the potential to be a big star but didn’t get an opportunity.
I was scrolling through Twitter on a March Madness-less Friday. Looking for anything to help take my mind of things. As always, Twitter never let’s me down. I see the title: Teddy Bridgewater has fond memories of UofL’s March Madness. I was intrigued. 1) I love Louisville 2) I love Teddy 3) I love Gorgui. Win-win-win. Here’s an excerpt followed by the link to the full article where he talks in-depth about the Louisville championship run and current Minnesota Timberwolves and former Card Gorgui Deing
This week on 55……….
We talk Cardinal Camo…….YES…..Cardinal Camo. We go over huge upsets and letdown. We go over the wet, wet, win in South Florida and a slew of other great but random things that have happened this week. Glad to have 55 back for you guys after the hiatus last week. Without further adieu, here are the 55 greatest, most ridiculous or random things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is……55.
1) First off I want to wish my mom a speedy recovery. She means the world to me and normally I don’t talk about personal issues on 55 but if you get a moment, say a prayer. I put her for #1 because she is my number 1….mushy I know (Don’t care)
This week…..on 55…..
We talk Season Finale. Great season by Shoni as the Women’s Basketball run came to an end. Another era ended. We asked you what your Top 25 moments were of this season and you tweeted them to us. In a 2 week time frame that has felt like the worst time frame in our lives, was there a bright spot? Were there 2? Were there 3? (Shoni may agree) The Year Of The Cardinal may have some to an end but it’s not the end. It also wasn’t the only streak that ended this weekend. So here we go, here are the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is the season finale of……55.
Here we go……….
1) On Tuesday night, the amazing career of Shoni Schimmel and the unforgettable season of the University of Louisville Women’s basketball team came to an end when they lost to Maryland 76-73 at home in the KFC YUM! Center. Shoni scored 31 points and added 5 steals and 4 assists while playing the entire 40 minutes. After a slow start to the 2nd half, Shoni erupted with back to back 3’s in the final 30 seconds and had a chance to tie it with one of the best drawn up and executed plays I have seen in my life. It didn’t go in. Asia Taylor added 12 points, 6 assists and 8 rebounds. Antonita Slaughter scored 16. Thank you Seniors for the great ride and thank you Shoni as I am sure that your jersey will hang from the rafters one day, and this next picture that I’ve used several times this season will forever remind CardNation of what you are all about.
3) If only there was something Shoni could do within those next few days to lift her spirits and the spirits of CardNation…..
4) Oh Yeah
6) Shoni beat all of the ladies to win the women’s title, then beat men’s winner Brady Heslip to win the overall championship. Great day had by all…well except Oddysey
8) As @Slaughter_4 said……You mad?
10) Moving forward
11) On Thursday I asked you guys to send me your 2013-14 moment of the year so I could include them in this season finale. I got a lot of responses and I can’t include the duplicates but here are your top moments of the year.
This week…..on 55…..
As we come down to the last few episodes of 55, it’s only fitting that the end of the basketball season is near too. I just wish there was something to talk about. Oh yeah…we get uk again! So in the spirit of revenge on those we despise more than Digger Phelps (I may have went too far) here are the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) On Thursday night we opened up our defense of the National Championship with a tough game vs the Manhattan Jaspers, coached by former Louisville asst coach Steve Masiello. I like to believe we played the basketball version of a game called chess. Rick didn’t want to embarrass Mass so we played tit-for-tat (lol) and won the game when we needed to. Played smothering defense as well.
3) Well that had the opposite effect than I intended
4) Nevertheless, we move onto our next conquest which are the mighty Billikens of Saint Louis. Top 10 team at times this year, former conference foes…what could scare us about the Billikens?
6) Oh yeah..That was creepy….in more ways then one
7) I digress