Over the weekend, the Cardinals competed in Auburn University’s War Eagle Challenge. The Cards went 4-1 over the three day weekend. Louisville exploded against Michigan State on Friday as well as Mercer on Sunday scoring 14 runs in each game. Auburn was the Cards only loss in the challenge on Saturday in a 6-2 defeat. Coach Holly Aprile was very happy with the pitching and offense throughout the whole weekend.
Here are some notes from SID Lori Korte after the weekend..
• Funke now leads the team with a .382 batting average, 29 hits, 20 runs and eight stolen bases.
• Hensley leads the team with 19 RBIs.
• Hensley, Roby and Danielle Watson have five wins each.
• Watson leads the pitching staff with 54 strikeouts in 55.1 innings and a .192 opponent batting average.
• Melton is currently on a seven-game hitting streak while Funke has had a hit in the past six games.
• Ferguson has reached base via a hit or walk in the last 10 games while Snyder and Melton have each reached base in the last seven games.
• Hensley now has 148 career RBIs, placing her sixth on UofL’s career list. She needs nine more to move into a tie for fifth with Maryssa Becker (2014-17).
• Hensley stands in seventh place on Louisville’s career list for victories with 46.
• Melton increased her career run total to 126 and stands eighth on Louisville’s all-time list in that category. She needs five more to tie Chelsea Bemis (2008-11) for seventh.
RECAP: Cards post third shutout of the weekend https://t.co/bkDGzF6csV
— Louisville Softball (@UofLSoftball) March 10, 2019
Up Next: Tuesday doubleheader against Morehead State at Ulmer Stadium