Louisville head coach, Jeff Walz, has been named the 2019 USA Basketball Coach of the Year.
Coach Walz led the USA Basketball team to a 7-0 record and a gold medal at the 2019 FIBA World Cup in Bangkok, Thailand.
“It’s definitely an honor,” Walz said. “And also, it shows what type of staff we had. I was very fortunate to be able to work with Cori (Close) and Natasha (Adair) the past two years. And then the players, obviously you don’t get such an award without having an outstanding staff and a good team.”
Coach Walz has served USA Basketball in a number of roles, including:
- Head Coach – 2018 USA Women’s U18 National Team (6-0 record/gold medal)
- Head Coach – 2017 USA Women’s U23 National Team (gold medal in the inaugural U24 Four Nations Tournament)
- Assistant Coach – 2014 USA Basketball Women’s U18 National Team
- Assistant Coach – 2015 USA Basketball Women’s U19 World Cup Team
- Court Coach – USA Women’s National Team training camp
One Reply to “Jeff Walz Named 2019 USA Basketball Coach Of The Year”
We are fortunate to have great Coaches at U of L. Proud of Coach Walz achievement and proud to be an Alum.