I told you guys last week that 55 would be on bye week this week. Not the usual 55, not the usual logo. I also said I would still bring you a little something this week so that you could get caught up on the week in Cardinal Athletics. The main reason you even read 55 every week. Ok, one of the main reasons, the other is because of my hard hitting journalistic….hahaha ok lets move on. Here’s what happened in Cardinal Athletics this week plus a few thoughts I had about Red-White, FSU and Charlyn Corral….this…is…55….kinda….
- For now, Jameis Winston will be a part of Thursday Nights epic showdown as #2 FSU heads to town to face YOUR Louisville Cardinals at PJCS. FSU will bring to town a 23 game winning streak, reigning Heisman trophy winner, the fact that they are the reigning and defending National Champions and oh yeah, the fact that they should be the #1 team in the land. It’s the #1 overall total Defense who gives up just 14.6 a game vs FSU’s Defense that gives up 21.6. They score about 37 a game and we put up about 31. It will be a tough game regardless but I am gonna go 34-31 on a John Wallace FG at 0:01. MADNESS ENSUES!!!!!
- The Spread for this game has dropped to 4
THIS JUST IN
- Coach Jeff Walz will bring in 8th grade phenom Nyah Green on December 7th. The #1 player in the 2019 class is only an 8th grader but after you watch this video you will see that she’s no ordinary 8th grader
Fantastic news. Everyone go wish Happy Birthday to our very own Coach Walz!
- The annual Red-White Scrimmages concluded yesterday with another game decided by 3 points. This time team Montrezl defeated team Chris Jones 89-86. Chris Jones led the way for the Red team with 28 points and added 6 assists and 7 rebounds. Wayne still being Wayne added 20, Gill 15 and Mango with 13. For the white squad, Montrezl had 24 and 8, Shaq scored 18, Anas added 13 points and Captain Cool Terry Rozier did some slight work as heis statline read: 19 points, 6 rebounds, 4 steals and 5 assists. Terry will qualify for the 2015 HE GONE award…..
|Score by Periods||1st||2nd||Total|
The Cards will get their exhibition season started Saturday at the YUM! against Barry College at 12:30.
- The Women’s Tennis team wrapped up a great showing at the ITA Ohio Valley Regionals on Tuesday. They fell just short of the quarterfinals this Sunday in Knoxville. Elle Stokes dropped a game to #2 Courtney Colton from Vanderbilt 6-1,6-0. The Cards start the Purdue Invitational on Saturday.
- Field Hockey completed a perfect week with a 3-0 shutout of #19 IU on Sunday. The Cards have shut out 4 straight opponents including this weeks other victims, Ohio 2-0 and UC Davis 3-0. The Cards travel to East Lansing face Ole Sparty on Saturday for their regular season finale. Check 55 next week for playoff info.
- Men’s Soccer went undefeated at home this week scoring a 3-0 win over Evansville and notching a 0-0 tie in 2OT vs ACC foe Clemson. The Cards take the field for the last time here at home on Tuesday when they take on SIU at 7:30 on Tuesday. This may be your last chance to experience Lynnsanity this season. Enjoy! The Cards wrap up their regular season at Wake Forest on Saturday.
- Women’s Soccer beat Pitt 1-0 this week then fell 1-0 to #7 ND yesterday. The Cards will wrap their season up at home vs Va Tech on Saturday. I fully expect the Cards to do a little damage in the Tourney and am really pumped for what the future holds for these young women. Speaking of the Women’s Soccer team, former Card Charlyn Corral has qualified for the women’s World Cup with Mexico according to anonymous sources. My source is Seth.
- From GoCards.com-Final Results from Louisville Fall Invitational LOUISVILLE, Ky. – University of Louisville freshman Pally Ray finished runner-up in the `B’ consolation draw of the Louisville Fall Invitational Sunday afternoon at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. After losing in his first round match on Friday, Ray registered three straight singles wins in the consolation bracket before falling 6-4, 7-5 to Butler’s Billy Weldon in Sunday’s finals. Louisville went 2-1 in the Red Division play. Senior Van Damrongsri defeated SIU Edwardsville’s Michael Raymond 6-1, 6-1 and redshirt freshman Santiago Salazar beat Indiana’s Elliott Yee 6-2, 6-1. Freshman Courtney Lock fell 6-4, 6-1 to Indiana’s Matthew McCoy.
- Swimming and Diving started off their season’s in a quad meet this weekend with Michigan, Iu and Texas. They were crushed, going 0-6. In team scores, UofL men fell to Texas 217-136, Michigan 242-110 and was edged by Indiana 186-166.5. The women fell to Texas 243-108.50, and Michigan 232.5-120.5 and Indiana 210-143. These Cards did put up impressive showings vs some of the nations top programs. We will get em next time. The Cards go back into action Saturday at home vs Cincy.
- Women’s Volleyball lost their lone match of the week to Pitt, 3-1, Janelle Jenkins led the Cards with 14 kills. These Cards go back into action in a pair of home games Friday and Sunday vs Syracuse at 7 and Virginia at 2.
- Cross Country springs into action this week in Virginia and Rowing in Tennessee. Mens Golf will play in Hawaii…..lucky.
This has been your week in Cardinal Athletics…..and this has been 55….kinda
You can find all previous episodes of 55 by typing 55 in thesearch bar and clicking search
P.S. RAIN GAME!
P.S.S.-I know I posted it last week but I don’t care……
*some info taken from press releases, most from CSZ and my brain
**none taken from other people’s thoughts, NONE