This week on 55………..
We will talk Men’s Basketball, Women’s basketball and rankings. We will talk about all of the sports in session at UL and which ones are about to start back up. Giveaway????? Yes! Yes! Yes! We will also run through the topic of internet trolls….
Without further adieu, here are the most ridiculous, outlandish, interesting or just downright obnoxious things I have heard this week. THIS is 55…..
– The Cards lost to Duke on Saturday 63-52 behind a 18 point and 7 reb performance from JAHlil Okafor at the KFC YUM! Center. The Cards were just putrid from the floor and couldn’t hit a shot to save their lives. Terry Rozier led the way with 17 points and even though he struggled, Montrezl went for 10 points and 14 rebounds. IMO our super charged leader needs to stop playing behind the 3 point line and go back to dominating the paint. I do understand he gets doubled inside the paint but he is a beast for a reason, be it. The Cards get a much needed break and will face Pitt at their place on Sunday.
-Speaking of Trezz, He needed just 12 points entering the game to become a 1000 point scorer for Louisville, the schools 66th. He is now 2 away.
-Also from the world of Trezz, It was reported on a local radio show this morning that Montrezl told them he was no longer a captain for UofL’s Basketball team, something he probably should have kept in-house.
– The new rankings came out today and the men’s team fell to #10 in both polls. I truly believe we will right the wrongs but even 10th is a little to high for me with the way we are currently shooting. Again I believe we will fix our shooting woes.
– Our #4 ranked Womens team recorded the first win over Virginia in any sport since we joined the ACC yesterday with a 67-55 win over the Hoos. Sara Hammond went for 20 & 9. The Women’s squad will next travel to Tallahassee to face #17 FSU on Tuesday.
-The Women’s Polls are out and the Cards remained at 4 just 41 points behind #3 Baylor
– For the 2nd time this month the Baseball Cards have checked into another pre-season top 25. After coming in at #12 in the Baseball America polls, the Cards came in at #11 today in the D1Baseball Pre-season top 25. It is looking like we will be getting ready for another big season from the Cards. It’s safe to say we should get use to it when it comes to coach Dan Mac….
-Here is you week in Cardinal Athletics:
Women’s Basketball- The Cards also dispatched NCST on Wednesday 65-58
Men’s Basketball- Beat Va Tech 78-63 on Tuesday
Track & Field- UL finished with two wins at the UK Invite on Saturday. Freshman Josh Hall won the 400 meter dash with a time of 47.84. Louisville also won the 4×400 meter relay.
Women’s Tennis- The Cards went 4-0 this weekend at Bass-Rudd. The Cards defeated Southern Illinois 7-0, Morehead St 6-1, Duquesne 7-0 and Butler 7-0. They head to Raleigh to face Duke,Furman and Memphis on Saturday. The Cards are now 4-0 on the season.
Men’s Tennis- The Men had a slower start this weekend which was their opening weekend as well going 1-1. The Cards swept Murray St 7-0 and fell to Drake 5-2. After the match with Drake we started from the bottom…..sorry. The men head to Virginia this week to face Virginia and VCU.
Swimming and Diving had the week off but head to Lexington on Saturday
Remember, Baseball, Softball and Lacrosse start back up in February. Get out and support your Cards!
-This has been your week in Cardinal Athletics.
– As a thank you to our fans, CSZ has decided to do a giveaway for Women’s Basketball. We will have 2 giveaways this season with the first being to the game on Thursday January 29th vs Syracuse. Stay tuned to CSZ’s Twitter feed and Facebook feed to find out details to the giveaway.
– i want to talk about the UofL fanbase and how we have started to have knee jerk reactions to our program. Our Basketball team loses a game and its the end of the world. Our football team only wins 9 games and it is the end of the world. This is not the end of the world. If you have learned anything from watching coach Pitino then you know that this team will be just fine when the tourney rolls around. Same for Coach Petrino. Give him a year to get his system learned and his guys in here and we will be just fine. Calm down and do better CardNation.
– It was announced yesterday that on May 23rd that the 2015 Atlanta Dream classic will be held at the YUM! Center. The doubleheader, which will match the Indiana Fever vs. the Connecticut Sun at 5 p.m. ET before the Dream and Washington Mystics play at 7 p.m.
-Not a lot has come out but many around the program seem to think this past weekend was a success for UofL Football. We will get you more info as we get it.
-Excellent time yesterday at the CardFam luncheon. Had a great time with Bmode, Turtle, Sam, Shawn, Krueger and lil Beasty….
– The Shrine game was Card-laden and the Cards showed up and showed out. The lone TD of the game came from RB Dominique Brown. John Miller and Jamon Brown shined on the Oline and Deiontrez Mount played solid minutes on Defense.
– Lorenzo Mauldin will play in the sr bowl on Tuesday. It will be broadcast on the NFL Network and will be at 4pm.
– Here is the last thing for today. The one thing the internet has created boys and girls that gets under our skins are trolls. They can say they rep our team and troll the other teams. They can claim they are models or experts or agents. They can look like sharks but be people. The best thing to do though is ignore them. They want the attention even if it is negative. Until next time CardNation…This was 55….
You can find all previous episodes of 55 by typing 55 in the CardinalSportszone.com search bar and clicking search
P.S-Thunder and Wayne
P.S.S- He wasn’t about that life…JAH vs Trezl…lol. I will admit that this is the worst play by-play I have ever heard…must be from an expert scout……………
*some info taken from press releases, most from CSZ and my brain
**none taken from other people’s thoughts, NONE
2 Replies to “55 (Season 2 Episode 14)”
One thing worse than trolls ate those people who say they have played for UL but can’t be found on any roster or team picture.
I would agree Chris. Sadly I have never claimed to have been in a team picture. I started playing at UofL in the Spring. I got injured in July and didn’t make the roster but was still on the practice squad. The day I got my ACL rehab completed and I was back in practice, I tore my other one. But as I stated, I have never claimed to have been an all American or to have even got into a game. I was hurt both years I was here. You can validate this with Ibn Green or Dannny Mosby if you would like. Those were the 2 Freshman I lived with in Summer my Freshman year. Thanks for reading though!
P.S.- It’s are not ate….